Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I couldn't stop laughing the entire episode. From the OP it looks like the chef, the florist, and the aspiring idol are all going to be regulars along with Ichiko and I can't wait to see what kind of foolishness results from Kakushi's obliviousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Still loving this show, but a couple weeks ago I asked my teacher friend from Japan about that stick Ichiko's always carrying. I thought it was for corralling large groups of primary school kids to keep them out of traffic, but she told me they're anti-pervert sticks and she remembers the training video she watched to learn how to use them. They even have them hanging in the walls at schools and have regular drills where a dude shows up pretending to be a creeper and the teachers just go to town on him with huge forkies.

I've been obsessed ever since and am so close to buying or building one. Disarm all cops and make them do their patrols with bigass forks. Better yet, everyone should have the right to bear forks.

https://youtu.be/7xUGHEAhvRk
https://youtu.be/OUkA8BlfSNY
https://youtu.be/Hqtny9yj8u8

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

From what understand their use is for restraining someone with minimal injury instead of simply beating the poo poo out of them. Also, giant aluminum forks are way more hilarious (and safer) than weighted batons or firearms.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I apologise for not fully considering the ethical and political implications of replacing police firearms with big goofy forks in the comedy anime thread.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Tarezax posted:

"secret love child" is "kakushigo"

Oh snap.

That ending was a tear-jerker, and I especially liked seeing how things turned out in the future. Rasuna's an awesome friend for dropping everything to help out her old sensei, especially after becoming a famous mangaka. Same goes for all the others, of course (including Tomaruin, I guess).

Naru becoming an investigative journalist was interesting, so I'm wondering if You or Kumi showed up and I missed them because they looked different.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It's an absolutely gorgeous show, and it must mean a lot to the production crew for Kumeta to say that. I'm really happy for them and hope the show gets the critical reception it deserves.

Related to that, the whole time I was trying to figure out the meaning behind the two different art styles in the OP and between the past and future scenes. I think the finale answered that with how the hijinks were Kakushi's idealized memories of the happy times before life figuratively hit him like a ton of bricks (and later on, literally with a ton of manga). Including the OP and ED everything was a treat to look at.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

One thing I didn't fully understand, why would Hime's grandfather harbour animosity towards Kakushi because of his family background? Is it a cultural thing? I don't quite get why he would be such a dick to his son-in-law because his daughter married into a family of Kabuki actors. If anything, that sounds pretty neat!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Rasuna said something in the last episode about how being a mangaka might be red herring and that the Kabuki thing could be the real reason why he was so cold towards Kakushi. The simpler explanation makes more sense, but Rasuna's comments made me think I was missing some kind of cultural thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Wark Say posted:

Remember that Katteni Kaizou got a 6-episode OVA during the Monogatari/Madoka hype height:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3GlJc2GPQ

It was delightfully goofy. :allears:

So I'm on the second episode of this and seeing as Kakushi is essentially Kumeta's self-insert, I now completely understand why he wanted to keep Hime in the dark about his work for as long as possible.

I saw the first season of SZS as it came out and I don't remember there being nearly as much dumb dick and balls gags as in this OVA, if there were even any to this degree. It also makes sense of Kumeta's reaction of the anime being so beautiful such a shock to him. Knowing all that I'm laughing even harder at the stupid poo poo going on imagining Kakushi wanting to keep his daughter far, far away from it.

Edit: holy poo poo, is that the same Mario from the fashion shop?

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 22, 2020