Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mordja posted:

Desperately need a mod that makes NOD's tank inexplicably look like a Bradley IFV.

I dunno, giving it portholes for infantry to shoot out of AND a rocket launcher would make it pretty OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got a pretty good chuckle out of the sound card configuration being obsolete.

And also a little bit triggered.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Honestly not terribly impressed with this so far. The actual gameplay graphics look nice but the FMVs somehow look worse. I know they didn't have much to work with, but now it looks like everything is wrapped in cellophane. They should have given the option to keep the scanlines from the originals.

Gameplay wise, I'm frustrated by the lack of modern RTS amenities. They added some things, like production queuing, but other things like rally points and attack-move are conspicuously absent. Not having those things at the time was OK because we didn't know any better, but it's not very fun 25 years later.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If I know the steam workshop, 90% of the mods will be for turning tanks into anime girls.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Did TibSun have unique lines for all units? I'm almost sure RA2 did.

TS had a couple but not all of them. Engies and cyborgs are the only ones I can think of.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Spookydonut posted:

I ran into the airstrike on one of the nod commando missions thing and just alt-f4 in disgust

edit: https://www.pcgamer.com/guy-playing-command-and-conquer-red-alert-23-years-ago-i-feel-your-pain/

Haha, I had a similar experience in Nod Mission 5. Destroyed the base, didn't get mission complete. Ran all over the map looking for some soldier hiding behind a bush, nada.

Turns out when they say you should build SAM sites to protect against air strikes, it's not just a suggestion. I built one and immediately won :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Alright, lunch break's over"

"No, comrade. It has only begun."