Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Durendal posted:

Bought the $150 edition. :shepspends:

Worth it if you can mod the obelisk with an illegal-strength laser pointer to burn out people's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is repair speed for the AI affected by difficulty as well? I swear they heal buildings like Wolverine.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I just finished plaything through the base GDI campaign and I realized I never saw a single NOD recon bike the entire campaign.

I can't remember if it was like that in the original but it seems odd.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It makes thing extra spicy when your harvester thinks the shortest path to resources is through an enemy base :negative:

Of course the same holds true for the AI :getin:

Which is all fine and good until an enemy harvester does it early in a stage, triggering a massive enemy counter attack before you have anything built.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

The long lost cousin of the Westwood/Petroglyph RTS stable is Universe at War: Earth Assault. I remember having a ton of fun playing that game but it got hosed over by Microsoft as it was a Games For Windows Live release. I don't think you can even buy it anywhere anymore.

My favorite obscure RTS back in the day was War Inc.

It was very much a C&C clone but it had some unique takes on the formula as money carried over between missions, so you could do lots of things like design cheaper or more expensive variants of all your units and invest spare cash in the stock market on the side.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I am 99% true this is false. The guy who mentioned elite ifvs being broken is 100% right though. Actually, Elite anythings are hilariously strong. I absolutely love it

RA2 is one of those rare games where since everything is so unbalanced, it somehow ends up becoming balanced again.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
For some reason I always thought the Red Alert spy would shut down the enemy power grid if you got them into a power plant, but I guess that wasn't a thing until RA2.

It really does limit their usefulness.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
RA 2 still plays and runs fine to this day.

Emperor: Battle for Dune though definitely could use a remaster. It sill looks great but the UI and pathfinding is god awful and good luck getting it to run on anything past Windows XP.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

Emperor battle for dune please

Only if they improve the horrendous pathfinding AI of the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

THE BAR posted:

I love my Tiberium Tinman.

My vote goes to the Mammoth Mk II as the silliest design in the series.