Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

drkeiscool posted:

i unironically hope they manage to remaster generals and zero hour at some point

maybe the us soldiers won't look like they're wearing space helmets anymore

I will be ecstatic if they remaster them with the care that they seem to be putting into the first two games and continue with Steam intergrations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Mordja posted:

Oh yeah, I remember that, though it might have only come up in mods. Basically if you had frequent enough explosion next to a tank it would rock the voxel and eventually tip over and die.

I remember the big defensive cannons in vanilla RA2 could almost flip over some vehicles.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

grand cannons usually 1-2 shot anything.

Not when they invulnerable from Iron Curtain.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Gabriel S. posted:

Is the game even balanced enough for multiplayer? If I recall, Allies always won with medium tank spam or some such similar thing.

Not at all. They didn't touch the balance so it's all tank spam meta.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Is the TD skirmish really limited to 4 players despite having maps with up to 8 slots?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Samopsa posted:

if you wanna see some fairly high-level multiplayer on C&C: RA Remastered, check this guy out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qjohix0kHo&t=467s
a semi-pro starcraft 2 player who is trying to get a high rank in the ladder.

I want to see him go against Bikerush

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

It's the most hilarious C&C game I've ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IJSDWOBmLk&t=698s
Timestamped to where it gets fun.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

My collector's edition arrived today! Didn't expect it as the tracking info they sent me on 1st didn't work so I thought it hadn't shipped yet.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Mordja posted:

Generals Evolution, a perpetually in-development mod for RA3 that converts it to the seminal C&C title has released its first, real beta. Notably, this mod is made by the guy who created the fantastic HL2 MMod so he's got a good track record.

Anyway, here's a couple gifs

Did he figure out how to modify the build and resource collection systems in RA3 to be more in line with Generals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

man, i'd love them to be doing more remasters. it seems like the natural progression, but who knows. been a lot of radio silence lately.

We know they are working on RA2 for sure. They even had a poll on facebook of all places asking if people wanted to see a remaster (Like remastered collection) or a remake (new, possibly 3d engine, reworked gameplay). Remake won, which makes me very nervous. Nothing beyond that though...

Sininu fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 12, 2021