Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Decided to double-dip on the C&C Ultimate Collection and thought "Ya know, I own C&C4 on disc and remember nothing about it. Maybe I'll try it out again for shits and gigs."

Fuckin launcher comes up, can't see to get past it. Make a throwaway login, try to enter the game, get 'General system error'. Over and over. Lmao

Guess I won't be playing 4! It's fine, plenty of good C&C nostalgia to bask in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Genuinely surprised for the TS love in this thread, granted its been twenty years but I recall Tiberian Sun being roundly disliked when it came out

I'm a heretic in that I genuinely enjoy the Tiberium series more than the Red Alert series. Love both of them, but prefer Tiberium. I really like TS's presentation: the blasted hellscape, cyborgs/bots, moody Terminator-esque OST, and I think Anton Slavik is the best NOD henchman.

I really want them to remaster TS/RA2 next, but given that Red Alert's popularity over TS that probably won't happen :( TS needs some QoL love.

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 30, 2024

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I don't think I've gotten more than like 3 or so missions deep into RA3; probably time to rectify that. I plan on replaying C&C3 when I'm done with TS, and then likely RA3. I also plan to attempt to get C&C4 to work so I can make myself angry all over again.

With RA3 I think I remember being irritated that the missions felt kinda overly long and drawn out with trigger scenes and dialogue. But as I said I haven't really played much of it and it's been awhile. The Ultimate Collection releasing reminded me how much I loved this series at one point, including Generals/ZH. This will be the 3rd or 4th time I've purchased TD/RA/TS through various collections and discs over the years. No regrets, peace through power.