Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

reignofevil posted:

Dobby is a "house elf". These are basically slaves who love being slaves and will actively seek to prevent you from liberating them from their position (you do this by giving them clothes to wear).

In one scene in the books Dobby, who has been freed by the actions of Harry Potter and now has learned to love freedom, is given a job at Hogwarts where he is paid a wage by Dumbledore in exchange for his labor. All of the other elves hate him for it and wish he would die. Dobby also reveals he actively negotiated for less pay with Dumbledore because he felt he was being compensated too highly. Only Hermione sees any problem with any of this and all of the other wizards treat her like one of those PETA freaks for like two whole books before eventually this plotline is dropped.

So it's a fetish thing then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

reignofevil posted:

The twin towers were apparited open your eyes muggles.

I mean when you put it like that it all really starts to come togeth-

What were we talking about again? And who are we exactly?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Doesn’t conjured stuff disappear after an hour so you can’t actually eat it and keep any nutrition from it. I have a vague memory of leprechaun gold being the same deal, you can find it but since it’s conjured up it will just disappear before you can spend it. But I might be thinking of Artemis Fowl or something

Nah, that's Harry Potter. Artemis Fowl leprechauns are basically just a swat team that also happens to enjoy some casual mind wiping.

I remember rolling my eyes at AF faeries a lot as a child, not really sure if they were as terrible as wizards though.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Didn't Neville's great aunt or something throw him out a window because he was late bloomer when it came to his magic and he happened to bounce 6 feet in the air off across the yard like a basket ball instead of dying?

Wizard childhood most loving blow while your family is waiting to see if your a squib.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Quote is not edit.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 15, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If you had to hang out with Curly or Eugene, which one would you choose?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Can you make your own student or do you have play as Harry because honestly at this stage I'd rather being doing my own wizard kid bullshit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It's been like 7 or 8 years since I went to Universal studios, I think around the time potter land opened? I remember having butterbeer and being pissed off that the dueling dragons roller coaster was like 10 times harder to get on then it had ever been. Pretty sure I still have a Viktor Krum replica wand around here somewhere...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lmfao I'm almost at the end of the podcast and they literally described Snape doing a "Looney Tunes dive" through the window in his fake duel with McGonagall right before the battle. I swear to god I have posted the same thing. Am I brain poisoned by podcast strangers or are we all poisoned by Online?

I enjoy the image of him using his Snape Cape to flap frantically away like a real bat instead of diving gracefully like Batman.

The actual page had that bit describing a Snape shaped hole in the window. There is no ambiguity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jazerus posted:

official HP stuff continuing to fall into the most tired fanfiction tropes imaginable will never not be funny

I mean if I was gonna be interested in motherfucking Harry Potter in 2022 it's probably best to appeal to my most base fandom instincts. MC's mysterious past is he's a time traveling Harry who overshot his jump when trying to go back to the start of the first book in order to do the series CORRECTLY.