Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
maybe these are my brainworms talking but i'm pretty convinced it would be easier to get reasonable modern nuclear power into the green platform than it would be to get the democrats to stop global warming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I see your point, but how do you deal with the people who go into a psychotic fugue at the least bit of pandering to antivaxxers while ignoring that Biden told his voters to go kill themselves?

i don't because you can't

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Organic Lube User posted:

Gotta be honest I don't love the "Howie" part. Why not Howard Hawkins?

why Bernie? maybe it’s because he prefers being called howie

let’s be honest a name change ain’t gonna get him to the white house

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I know it's basically impossible but I'm voting green mostly to see if there's enough hate out there to push them over 5%

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

I can't even call him a libertarian. Ventura is more like the living embodiment of the average american's scattershot political beliefs that make no sense.

Zeitgeist Party 2020!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Deified Data posted:

Took great joy in slowly and carefully typing in Howie in Indiana. My NoJoe contract is fulfilled.

was he actually on the ticket there or was that a type-in

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Saw a big old Howie banner here in Cincinnati when I was driving my roommate home from the hospital

this makes me happy; i used to live in otr

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

this shouldn't surprise anyone, he has name recognition.

Ruzihm posted:

ah gently caress this makes me worry for a path to making it a red green party

if you can't be handsome....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Rastor posted:

0.8% is still small

Is star power enough to get people to bother coming to the polls for a third party?

I think you’d need several, with the main star also being smart, charismatic, and capable, full in on the lime kool-aid. or just megawealthy, I guess, like Perot. I think it’s very possible and could lead to 5% easy, though these days probably at the cost of a democratic win...which means getting enough/the right celebs may be difficult.