Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Wolfman is cool and all but keeps referring to us as meat. That might just be because we haven't earned his respect/proven our mettle but it kinda creeps me out. Trust him somewhat for now but watch closely, and yeah mushroom healing sounds the most useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Oh come on, what fun is it to not give yourself superhuman abilities? Besides, if this really is corrupting it's probably not the kind you'll be fine if you only have a little of. Might as well enjoy it to the fullest before we succumb to whatever.

Third Eye sounds really handy. Poison Vulnerability is probably gonna be bad whenever we meet something that can poison besides the shrooms, but Fearful is much more likely to get us killed before that.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

How is Bacter supposed to explore properly and avoid killing dogs when the dogs have declared nearly everywhere their territory? Is he just supposed to let them gnaw his arms off while trying to get to Wolfie's house or grab another can of gas? And if so, why stop there? Why not climb in the oven when he gets home and cook himself up for a good healthy meal for the dang mangy mutts??

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

We should use the key ourselves and honor whatever the mystery lady's wishes are above Wolfie's and the musician's and help Piotrek. Give the musician some meat and leave the shrine be, unless we end up killing the villagers anyway then gently caress it, free loot. Abstaining from the pig pen vote.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Stalker boy is definitely not planning any arrangements that are gonna be less objectionable than the current ones, while Wolfie will probably kill her and that seems like it'd be a mercy more than anything. Give the key to Wolfie. Also being named "dead meat" isn't nearly as creepy as just being called "meat", wonder if that was intentional.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Explore, game to the musician.

Weak Lungs per the previous post that it doesn't sound like it kicks in without losing all your stamina (and I'm sure after you take it Murphy's Law will dick you over later, but I'm sure it'll be fine).

Careful Step even though with all your shroom stepping it'll be quickly squandered :v:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Given that the doctor's dog which was sick becomes a huge dog if you don't kill it, they could just as easily be dogs turning back into wolves, purging the human influence as it were with the help of the mushrooms. Wolfie might have been either the lone actual wolf to wander in here or a very smart wolf when this started, and so got some extra special benefits to let him assist in nature reclaiming this place.

Wolfie: decidedly not our friend or human, but likes the idea of us leaving. If he gets in the way, kill him, but otherwise the villagers are ultimately screwed anyway. He'll give them a much quicker death than the plague... if we could get the villagers to leave with us, that'd be better, but they probably wouldn't go even if they believed us, so gently caress it.

Doc: not originally crazy, but not being able to do anything about the plague hosed him up and, well, he decided to fend for himself. Trying to learn about the plague by keeping people locked up isn't sane, but neither is shooting up with mushrooms or helping a wolfman eat a dying woman. If we can get to some kind of agreement where we both leave alive, do that so he has a chance to go somewhere that won't encourage his psychotic tendencies, but if he insists on the Highlander principle don't hesitate to oblige.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

There is one other thing worth asking: Why in the blue hell did we come here anyway? We've never been given any idea of what the hell our main character was thinking about that that I remember. Like what, are we a tourist who was bound and determined to backpack into this specific crummy part of Poland even when the roads here were all hosed up? Why would we go to this place when the first sign of trouble in the form of the doctor stealing our keys and ending up in some cabin after what could be brushed off as a weird hallucination immediately makes us want to just leave?