Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Trust the wolf: He seems like good people, just doing his thing, y'know?

Eagle eye: As nice as mushroom healing might be, I think that burning xp for health is a losing proposition in the long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I honestly am torn on how to vote.

I definitely want Piotrek to get his supplies and I’d like use the key ourselves if only to gain more information about what’s behind that door.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I do feel like that wolfie isn’t entirely world or entirely human, but rather some sort of hybrid gestalt of both the hunter and the wolf we saw in that photo. As the hunter, he’s the father of those kids, while the mother was the pretty lady. This may be tying too many things together, maybe he was just a neighbor to those kids which is why he knows how to unlock the box? But it seems reasonable to me for these pieces to come together. As for how to feel about wolfie in his current state, I’m less sure of that.

What I will say is that he appears to be unique. While mutations have led to mushroom men and chompers fairly regularly, there does not appear to be any other hybrids in the same fashion of him. While I would suggest not helping him too much in the future, I also see little reason to destroy him, unless it’s in self defense.

Meanwhile, the doctor is a more troubling case. He’s definitely antagonistic to us, and looking at his history, I can’t help but see someone broken under immense pressures. If he didn’t care, I don’t think he would have gone as far into the deep end. Still, he clearly has gone over the edge. The only reason I see to be friendly with him is in case he has actually managed to find out some answers. If he doesn’t have any new information, it’d probably be best to just end him.