Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
oh no, Shaun Alexander broke his foot. I'm sure he'll return as strong as everahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I get Showtime and Epix for free for the next two weeks and I'd never know if it wasn't for watching a 14 year old NFL game.

I will...probably not take advantage of this.

I always liked Deuce despite not being a Saints fan.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, I get Showtime and Epix for free for the next two weeks and I'd never know if it wasn't for watching a 14 year old NFL game.

I will...probably not take advantage of this.

I always liked Deuce despite not being a Saints fan.

Best Saints RB ever, with Pierre being #1b and the best Saints screen RB ever.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I completely forgot he overlapped Reggie Bush and Drew Brees. I just always remember him as being the most dependable part of the up and down wacko as poo poo Haswell years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Will Smith :unsmith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I remember who won but I do not remember the score, was this just a blowout? I mean don't answer, but right now it feels like a blowout.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Aww, man. Will Smith.

:sadwave:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
My lord someone go back in time and put a muzzle on Theismann.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

I remember who won but I do not remember the score, was this just a blowout? I mean don't answer, but right now it feels like a blowout.

Mildly, but not an extreme one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
12 men on the field after a time out!

Surely Jim Mora Jr is the coach that will go on to have a successful career after this game, get that bum Payton out of there.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The score wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of blowouts (especially modern ones), but there was a complete sense from the beginning of the game to the end that the Falcons never had a chance. The Saints' D, O, and special teams just completely strangled them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

The score wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of blowouts (especially modern ones), but there was a complete sense from the beginning of the game to the end that the Falcons never had a chance. The Saints' D, O, and special teams just completely strangled them.

Hindsight 20/20 and all that but yeah, once that punt was blocked, it just was the Saints' night.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I saw #22 at CB make a play and got all excited, but I forgot that Fred trash-rear end Thomas had that number before Tracey Porter

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

I've seen this game probably a dozen times and yet I somehow forgot about the second block just now.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Based solely on Twitter chatter and my text messages this game is going to get insane ratings in New Orleans. Like, regular live MNF ratings.

No idea why anyone else would watch it, but hey.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sent from my iPad posted:

Based solely on Twitter chatter and my text messages this game is going to get insane ratings in New Orleans. Like, regular live MNF ratings.

We're just hungry for some football.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Looked it up, Falcons were a 4 point favorite.

In my head I remember them being a much bigger favorite, like this game surprised the hell out of me at the time.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

GD_American posted:

I know Michael Thomas is really a better WR in every way, but man do I miss prime-era reliable 1st down Marques Colston.

Colston and PT were just awesome. I've got an autographed PT jersey and it's one of my favorite possessions :unsmith:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sent from my iPad posted:

Gonna laugh when it gets bigger ratings in the market than the post-screwjob Super Bowl.

Awwwww....man.

https://twitter.com/stevegleason/status/1247314018878083078?s=21

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Aw, we didn't get the fastest three minutes in football.

I think this was getting toward the end of the time where I legitimately enjoyed Chris Berman calling highlights.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We posting like 2006 too?

Marques Colston is a MAN

That DB got JACKED UP

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Yep, can't believe we cut Stallworth for this Colston guy. I mean he's a seventh rounder y'all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Interesting noticing this was before the fly/jet sweep really took off.

Payton is running end around looks every play instead of what we'd expect to see today.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

Interesting noticing this was before the fly/jet sweep really took off.

Payton is running end around looks every play instead of what we'd expect to see today.

Dude really loved endarounds.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
All I really remember about Vick is his Madden scrambling skills but he could throw a nice deep ball.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

All I really remember about Vick is his Madden scrambling skills but he could throw a nice deep ball.

Oh man wait till you hear about his off-the-field antics

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Oh man wait till you hear about his off-the-field antics

Well ok, two things.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's funny listening to them talk about Reggie Bush like he's a budding superstar, and realizing I probably thought that at the time too.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

It's funny listening to them talk about Reggie Bush like he's a budding superstar, and realizing I probably thought that at the time too.

The excuses finally started wearing off the year they went to the Super Bowl, funnily enough.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Reggie Bush was the first player Sean Payton made look better than they were by using them in weird ways.

See also: Darren Sproles, Taysom Hill, Jimmy Graham

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The original thread for this is a treat. Boniface in there using racial slurs. People are loving shocked that Sean Payton is a good coach. Falcons fans calling for Matt Schaub :vince:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Well I mean, this is his third NFL game playing now. We all thought that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm not seriously asking but how many players in this game are still playing besides Drew Brees?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm not seriously asking but how many players in this game are still playing besides Drew Brees?

I was gonna say Jahri Evans but apparently he stopped after the 2017 season

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
heh, somebody in a "f*ck the falcons" shirt got on TV

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

You know how good tonight was?

Even Joe Theismann, U2, Green Day and THE HUMANITY OF KATRINA could not ruin this for me. It's the best Saints game I've ever watched, in my entire life.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Non playoff/SB game for best Saints game ever would have to be the 2009 Saints/Pats game for me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well that was fun.

Come on draft day.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

The original thread for this is a treat. Boniface in there using racial slurs. People are loving shocked that Sean Payton is a good coach. Falcons fans calling for Matt Schaub :vince:

That was either the same year or right after Parcells was caught using "Jap Play" as a cute reference, and oh did mid-2000s SA love an edgy inside joke.

Eh. There's probably plenty of dumb poo poo in my archives history that'd make me cringe now. I know "it was a different time, man" is kind of a copout, but we all got better. I think the only place that poo poo would still fly nowadays is Barstool.

I forgot how loving broken of a human being Lloyd Christmas was. I'd genuinely love to find out if he ever came out the other side, or if he became a Jim Rome regular or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.

Silly Burrito posted:

Non playoff/SB game for best Saints game ever would have to be the 2009 Saints/Pats game for me.

I wasn’t at the domecoming but attended a decent amount of the Brees era games and the 2009 pats game was by far the best. You just knew during the game that we had a drat good chance at winning it all that year, it seemed inevitable.