Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

1glitch0 posted:

"When Donald Trump thinks of climate change he just thinks hoax. I think JOBS!" -- Joe Biden

Kill me.

Well, if we actually did The Green New Deal, it would create a lot of jobs. Heck, there are more people working in solar now than in coal mines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

1glitch0 posted:

This is why we're so screwed. No one has money, everyone is in debt, and even if you want to spend money on an extravagance like eating out or a movie you can't. Sure, the most oblivious will, but not most people. So the businesses are pretty much hosed. My job appears to be secure, but I'm just paying down debt and sitting at home eating rice and beans or processed box meals because I'm so mentally exhausted by going to work every day I can't bother to go to the store to buy good stuff because the lines to even get into the store are too long to wait. I feel for the people who are stuck at home, but being an "essential" worker (I'm not essential, but apparently I am) is loving exhausting. It's just work and home, while walking past boarded up windows and everyone wearing masks and avoiding each other like I'm in a Sliders episode.

I don't see a way out of this.

Our shop makes a lot of auto parts and our biggest customer cut their orders by 3/4s and we're still doing overtime every week and none of us know why. We hear from the boss we're 5 months behind but shipping is working less hours because they're packing stuff for 8 months down the road. I don't know how secure my job is because both of my bosses have said I either "do nothing" or "don't do enough" yet I get the max pay raise every year. And when I'm out sick or on vacation nothing gets done in my area...so I've no idea what goes on in the supervisor's office. I do know my older boss was let go because he was a yes man, told the owner what he wanted to hear while everything was going to poo poo, and the newer one is always missing when you need him and loving up orders. How we stay in business is beyond me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!

BonoMan posted:

Well it's not untrue. I mean I get what you're saying, but changing to a green world *can* mean more jobs.

Yeah I get it. It's just we're all dying and the country is burning and he's going on, as best he can, to talk about the same old poo poo of jobs, save manufacturing and welders, blah blah blah. And you can tell he doesn't believe anything he is saying. Which is typical. Just depressing there are our choices.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

"When Donald Trump thinks of climate change he just thinks hoax. I think JOBS!" -- Joe Biden

Kill me.

A focus on jobs and not on natural disasters effectively communicates "yes, climate change IS a hoax, but how about we let you in on a cut of the profit?"

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Born on third base, act like you invented baseball.

Born on third base, acts like being born on home was an advantage that poor honest third base birthers will have to struggle against their whole lives.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

VideoGameVet posted:

"It's a new paradigm, and everybody who doesn't buy, now, will be priced out forever. Anybody who does buy will be rewarded with a lifetime of riches, as their property will continue its 30% yearly price increase.
Renters, and anybody born in a future generation, will not be able to afford a $15,000,000 starter home in 15 years. They will live in tent cities and Hondas.
This asset bubble is different than all of the others - it will never slow down, or pop. The gains are permanent."

2008 was a hella year.
I bought in 2008 and this seems somewhat true. I just moved a year ago and there's no way I'd be able to afford this place if the place I bought in 2008 didn't sell for enough to buy my last place in 2014, which then went up by 45% over 5 years. My buddy is about to buy a 2 bedroom house for 25% more than I paid for a 5 bedroom 6 years ago, same area.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

1glitch0 posted:

Kill me.

You know the GND would be a huge jobs program, right? I mean, it also helps climate change, but a lot of it was about jobs.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Because it isn't work if you don't go to a specified place for it. Same as why some office jobs still require their employees to come in even while working at home is more productive. It doesn't make people suffer enough

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Munkeymon posted:

You know the GND would be a huge jobs program, right? I mean, it also helps climate change, but a lot of it was about jobs.

the Biden Sanders Unity plan is a joke.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Fart Amplifier posted:

Almost everyone who has a mortgage is overextended in the same manner.

Regular people are overextended to the tune of a regular person's wages, though. Maybe if I lose my job I might have a hard time paying the mortgage, but I can at least produce work that's worth the value of the mortgage, so I have the possibility of finding another job and turning it around. It's loving delicious hearing about real estate speculators who are up poo poo creek for more money than they could possibly earn doing honest work.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Civilized Fishbot posted:

A focus on jobs and not on natural disasters effectively communicates "yes, climate change IS a hoax, but how about we let you in on a cut of the profit?"

I'm not sure I buy your premise, but that does sound like a surefire way to get the Senate on board

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

papa horny michael posted:

the Biden Sanders Unity plan is a joke.

And this is based on what, exactly?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

happyhippy posted:

"Case Closed"

I'm fairly certain that one was an edit. Trying to convict him on those grounds would get the case thrown out.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Solaris 2.0 posted:

And this is based on what, exactly?

Curtailing progressive members and enthusiasm.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1283099442011348993

Oh good

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018
Probation
Biden just said "2050" to be carbon neutral.

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

happyhippy posted:

"And as you can see in diagram A, your honor, that George Soros controls the US military."

"And the banks too, diagram B."

"Case Closed"

Holy poo poo... I often forget what "traditional" anti-semitism looks like, given the muddying of those waters in the last couple of years.

The JoJo Rabbit reference really made this for me though.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Curtailing progressive members and enthusiasm.

He's adopting policies Bernie Sanders advocated for and this is a bad thing now? ok.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1283051099960770560

https://twitter.com/ENBrown/status/1283050889566199809

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1283101013218603011

https://twitter.com/BrianKosh/status/1283088434584645632

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

1glitch0 posted:

This must be that GND in action.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Isn't the entire "point" of AirBNB supposed to be like, making some extra money on the side from a spare room, or like, you're out of town/country? The gently caress do AirBNB "hosts" need any special consideration for besides "sucks you can't make an extra buck right now?"

Maybe 15 years ago? AirBNB or VRBO hosts now mostly seem to be run by property management firms that buy or lease properties and run them as lightly regulated hotels.

So, no, they absolutely don't need bonus compensation.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm fairly certain that one was an edit. Trying to convict him on those grounds would get the case thrown out.

Really? Got it from an ADL page, so doh! if it is.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm not sure I buy your premise, but that does sound like a surefire way to get the Senate on board

If you actually believe in climate change, your first response to "climate change is a hoax" is "no, it is not, it will make the Earth nearly inhospitable for future generations." To say "it's really about the great jobs we can get" is to adopt the reasoning Trump ascribes to China - "no, it's not a real concern, but by pretending it is, our economy benefits!"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Murgos posted:

Maybe 15 years ago? AirBNB or VRBO hosts now mostly seem to be run by property management firms that buy or lease properties and run them as lightly regulated hotels.

So, no, they absolutely don't need bonus compensation.

Many of the companies seem fly by night too, operating fraudulently and disappearing once caught out.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

happyhippy posted:

that is one of his arguments about why he's being defamed by the adl, which would go better if he didn't actually put antisemitism in his complaint :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Many of the companies seem fly by night too, operating fraudulently and disappearing once caught out.

that's all real estate companies

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Alright Goons, its time to come clean: Which one of you is Joe Biden?

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1283105229156696064

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018
Probation

This must be that GND in action.

Clearly GND is very important to him when he forgot the correct date while reading off a prompter.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sanguinia posted:

Alright Goons, its time to come clean: Which one of you is Joe Biden?

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1283105229156696064

none of us

we all know infrastructure week creates the criminal charges, biden has cause and effect reversed

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

happyhippy posted:

Yeah you can google and find the original. Which still shows the same thing, but much more dog whistle-y.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

don't forget the landlords that specifically rented a bunch of rooms from other landlords for the express purpose of relisting them on airbnb, and decided to just walk away once this stuff went tits-up and left their landlords completely hosed on mortgage payments!

this sounds highly incestous and very stupid

edit :

Bubbacub posted:

"May" roll back reopening "if cases keep rising"?? They're really banking on a magical decrease in cases from doing nothing?

remember TX is the state that said no to Obummer FED money for wildfires and said they'll pray to god for a fix, and then they got more fire.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 14, 2020

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

evilweasel posted:

that's all real estate companies

I don't want to get a bunch of people in thread posting Not All Real Estate Concerns at me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god, i hope its like major super sanctions or some stupid insane poo poo, maybe he bans tic tok.

Disnesquick posted:

Holy poo poo... I often forget what "traditional" anti-semitism looks like, given the muddying of those waters in the last couple of years.

The JoJo Rabbit reference really made this for me though.

i am pretty sure the second picture is a 4chan edit. like dudes a bigoted gently caress and pretty obvious about it but thats on the noes even for him, plus it doesnt match his art style.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Solaris 2.0 posted:

He's adopting policies Bernie Sanders advocated for and this is a bad thing now? ok.

Bernie Sanders is cancelled for working with the dreaded neoliberal, haven't you heard?

Seriously though people are really reaching here complaining about the GND possibly creating jobs for people, but then again people have been reaching on things to get mad about ever since the Biden-Sanders plan stuff was revealed and it wasn't earth-shatteringly terrible like they hoped.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Angry_Ed posted:

Bernie Sanders is cancelled for working with the dreaded neoliberal, haven't you heard?

Seriously though people are really reaching here complaining about the GND possibly creating jobs for people.

Nice buzzwords! I'm over here bein bi, eating chip and composting rare metals.😂 👌

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wrong thread

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nice buzzwords! I'm over here bein bi, eating chip and composting rare metals.😂 👌

So do you care to actually tell us how the Biden-Sanders plan is a joke or are you just going to keep pretending that just because you said it was means it's true? Care to refute the claim that Biden is adopting some of the policies Sanders advocated for?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Civilized Fishbot posted:

If you actually believe in climate change, your first response to "climate change is a hoax" is "no, it is not, it will make the Earth nearly inhospitable for future generations." To say "it's really about the great jobs we can get" is to adopt the reasoning Trump ascribes to China - "no, it's not a real concern, but by pretending it is, our economy benefits!"

He didn't say that. You're just projecting here.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

happyhippy posted:

"And as you can see in diagram A, your honor, that George Soros controls the US military."

"And the banks too, diagram B."

"Case Closed"

The ability of conservatives to ascribe all power to BILLIONAIRE George Soros is impressive. The thinking goes no further than, "he's rich so therefore ... <insert evil thing you could do with unlimited money>". Like, sure he's rich but as far as billionaires go, he's down toward the bottom. The Koch brothers were what? 15x his wealth? Compared to a major bank or MIC prime integrator he's not even as well off as a moderately sized wholly owned subsidiary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

1glitch0 posted:

Yeah, the plan/platform came out last week. You can just read it if you want https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/UNITY-TASK-FORCE-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf