Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This mech anime is really good. At first glance I thought it wouldn't be very good and just a vehicle for fan service. A cursory Google search tells me the manga is still running which makes me curious as to why folks aren't sure where the anime will end. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JackDarko posted:

This mech anime is really good. At first glance I thought it wouldn't be very good and just a vehicle for fan service. A cursory Google search tells me the manga is still running which makes me curious as to why folks aren't sure where the anime will end. I'm looking forward to finding out.

entirely vague non plot divulging reason why
this next arc takes you on a ride that Does Not Stop with a lot of layers that literally the very most recent chapters are just now uncovering

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

I want a remaster of the song in the OP. The composition is really good and it gets stuck in my head constantly, but the song could be so much better in terms of mixing (too-loud high pitched drone, too-quiet strings section, good vocals but with lacking presence).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So potentially a notable change. If Ikeuchi died there, instead of just losing consciousness. Then a notable plot point from the manga is changed. As he never went to Madoka's group until after the fire there, and managed to convince himself that he was not betraying Sayaka's group whenever the threads activated. (As it only works if the person actually feels like they are betraying the group.)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Speaking of the manga, I saw the digital version was 8 bux on comixology/kindle so I caved in and grabbed the first volume.

The art is definitely good, something that really stands out is how differently Shuichi is drawn when Claire is inside.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Episode 11:

So Shuichi was part of a group of friends (from the cram school?) who were right there from the beginning, hell this Honoka girl seems to have started the whole thing, even if her intentions were good. I say "seems to" because I don't trust alien boy and farther than I could punt a Kyubey.

Have no idea how this all ties in with Elena yet, since she wasn't in that picture.

I may have just missed something obvious though.*

*spoiler alert: i did

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 15, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Isn't that Elena on the left? She doesn't quite look the same but the hair and eye colors match, and if that's supposed to be Shuichi he looks a little different too.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 15, 2020

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

Why doesn't anybody wish for the ability to locate coins?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sindai posted:

Isn't that Elena on the left? She doesn't quite look the same but the hair and eye colors match, and if that's supposed to be Shuichi he looks a little different too.

Well huh. Yeah it sure is, looked different on my phone (or i wasn't paying enough attention to my own post :v: ) and it totally makes sense that Honoka is the one taking the picture. Maybe the bangs between the eyes helped throw me off.

Were either of the other 2 in Elena's group? I don't think so, but well...

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 15, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like the premise that even the shows protagonist is going "I'm not the main character in this story" and then when we see the apparent real antagonist he goes "This is my story"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, that episode was a wild ride. :gonk:

The worst partOne of several worst parts is: Honoka/Aiko reaching up to Kaito, as he's strangling her, almost as if to say "oh, i thought maybe you, at least liked me. Possibly, just a tiny bit" or maybe "it's ok. I guess no one likes me even as someone else. Go ahead." Both, neither? I don't know but :smith:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 22, 2020

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

Oh my god. I'm hooked. Where the gently caress is this show going, an episode away from completion? And will there be a second season?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ott_ posted:

Oh my god. I'm hooked. Where the gently caress is this show going, an episode away from completion? And will there be a second season?

Pretty sure there will be a season 2. As with one exception they have faithfully followed the manga. And if they want they can pretty easily rollback the change they made.

Also Kaito's self righteousness is kind of amazing.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also Kaito's self righteousness is kind of amazing.
Kaito at job interview: "My greatest weakness? I guess it's that I just care too much".

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Forgall posted:

Kaito at job interview: "My greatest weakness? I guess it's that I just care too much".

*starts choking the interviewer*

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
So I caught up with the series on weekend thinking it has only 12 episodes and godDAMN I was not ready for that :qq:

I went from "haha Kaito funny hair" to "hm, this is not going to end well" to "oh...... oh no......"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, let's just fire up what is sure to be a perfectly normal and not at all crazy episode of Gleipnir

Five minutes later: :psyboom:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

So why isn't the ghost deleting Erena? She knows about her friend too.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Well that was a way of ending the season.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have no idea what's supposed to be going on with the ghost. Time to read the manga I guess

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

So why isn't the ghost deleting Erena? She knows about her friend too.

We have to be missing a big piece of info, since both she and that guy (Nao--something?) in her group seem to know the whole deal, possibly reaaally specific memory editing?

e:
Way early on, i started to wonder if something was up with Shuichi's parents but, i forgot all about them with everything else that happened. The reveal therefor caught me off guard completely

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Anyway if you want to jump into the manga at around the point where the anime ends, I think chapter 35 is the place to do so.