Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

How long until we get those Balkan style accordion videos how they want to wipe out the competition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if it happened it probably be the first 13. And we have nuclear weapons

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Frumply posted:

posting from what will be the Indiana Grimlands

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh poo poo Utah would have nuclear weapons too

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

etalian posted:

How long until we get those Balkan style accordion videos how they want to wipe out the competition?

Remove casserole from the premises!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

Remove casserole from the premises!!!

Remove provel and Iowa Chop.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

pac pac

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
as a government official in the multi state council, i'm willing to start a trade with another pact, i have maple syrup, maple syrup booze, east coast seafood, and sports teams

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

can’t wait!

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Noise Complaint posted:

as a government official in the multi state council, i'm willing to start a trade with another pact, i have maple syrup, maple syrup booze, east coast seafood, and sports teams

no one cares Canadian

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
do we all issue our own currencies now, or what? does whichever new faction that manages to take control of the Money Printer, by force of arms if necessary, have total control over the usd in absence of a functioning and indisputably legitimate federal government? who gets to decide which faces go on which denominations of dollars

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Indiana can offer corn. Lots of it. all the goddamn corn.

also politicians who like to gently caress beasts of burden and shock gays

On second thought we have nothing to offer. turn us into a giant no man's land chokepoint leading into michigan

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

do we all issue our own currencies now, or what? does whichever new faction that manages to take control of the Money Printer, by force of arms if necessary, have total control over the usd in absence of a functioning and indisputably legitimate federal government? who gets to decide which faces go on which denominations of dollars

eventually they can be unified into the Amero

are there any laws that say that states have to all have the same currency? I don't remember this being in the constitution

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

not enough nervous tics 6/10

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

roarpower posted:

no one cares Canadian

excuse me, i'm a dunkin-american

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

lmao at the idea that Texas would accept Oklahoma as a Protectorate. Sooners will cross the Red River over my dead body.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The balkanisation is haphazard and compromises are made everywhere, pleasing none. The USA devolves into a multi-state currency and customs union. California becomes the Germany of North America.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

The balkanisation is haphazard and compromises are made everywhere, pleasing none. The USA devolves into a multi-state currency and customs union. California becomes the Germany of North America.

accordng to that one show on amazon i forgot the name of california becomes wwii-era japan actually

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrSunshine posted:

nope. lots of money but no one to back it up

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

twoday posted:

eventually they can be unified into the Amero

are there any laws that say that states have to all have the same currency? I don't remember this being in the constitution

I don't think there's anything explicitly forbidding it but if we're gonna balkanize we're well past the point where the laws on paper mean a poo poo

we have to convince someone to take the paper we make as legitimate in order to participate in trade, I guess, which might get rough if our main cultural export is the New England Patriots

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

"but her emails" I burble out while donning my uni to fight in the Water Wars against the neo-dixie menace

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

the midwestern bloc needs to be called Balkansas

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
One thing ive seen regarding an independent West coast is the need for water.
Do they have to seize Nevada for that dam?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hyperinflation has sapped the value of the US dollar to the extent that trillion dollar bills—Ed Meeses—are nearly disregarded and the quadrillion dollar note—the Gipper—is the standard "small" bill. This hyperinflation was created by the government overprinting money, due to loss of tax revenues, as people increasingly began to use electronic currency, exchanged in encrypted online transactions and thus untaxable. For physical transactions, they resort to alternative currencies such as yen or "Kongbucks" (the official currency of Mr. Lee's Greater Hong Kong).

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

roarpower posted:

if it happened it probably be the first 13. And we have nuclear weapons

roarpower posted:

oh poo poo Utah would have nuclear weapons too

Post USSR, everybody who had nukes other than Russia handed them over to Russia b/c the cnc for nukes is a pain in the rear end and they're not worth having if you didn't seize that part of the infrastructure, which is apparently in...Nebraska???

Over Easy posted:

the midwestern bloc needs to be called Balkansas

:emptyquote:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

can’t wait to be a citizen of the Free State of Minnie ( lol if you think we’re joining anyone)

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
any ideas for regional currency names? it would be confusing as poo poo if they're all dollars

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tulip posted:

Post USSR, everybody who had nukes other than Russia handed them over to Russia b/c the cnc for nukes is a pain in the rear end and they're not worth having if you didn't seize that part of the infrastructure, which is apparently in...Nebraska???

:emptyquote:

look, I like Colorado and the people there, I am just not sure I am ok with them having Nuclear silos

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ora Tzo posted:

I would direct you to noted documentary Fallout: New Vegas for further information.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1stGear posted:

I would direct you to noted documentary Fallout: New Vegas for further information.

:hmmyes:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVaYgPBYnOQ

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ht3XGhlfYs

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

twoday posted:

any ideas for regional currency names? it would be confusing as poo poo if they're all dollars

Search your heart, you know it is exactly going to be this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Californian currency better have Emperor Norton on it.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

The Californian currency better have Emperor Norton on it.

:yeah:

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

the slang for Californian dollars will definitely be Zucks, or perhaps Zuckerbucks; at first derisively but over long decades all will forget the origin of the term

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the slang for Californian dollars will definitely be Zucks, or perhaps Zuckerbucks; at first derisively but over long decades all will forget the origin of the term

you guys know you are allowed to tell your kids that Zuckerberg was full of poo poo

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Posting from the Salish Sea in occupied cascadia. We'll need to do something about the Nazis tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Ora Tzo posted:

nevada can be in the PSA, as a treat (for its water)

though oregon and washington are good on water afaik