Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strep Vote posted:

Posting from the Salish Sea in occupied cascadia. We'll need to do something about the Nazis tho.

right on.
Posting from the USA where we need to do something about the Nazis here, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Strep Vote posted:

Posting from the Salish Sea in occupied cascadia. We'll need to do something about the Nazis tho.

would they just gently caress off to idaho or eastern wa/or (should the later not join the rest of their state/s)?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't think we should balkanize

i think we should millennium falconize

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin posted:

i don't think we should balkanize

i think we should millennium falconize

I could def use a huge satellite dish on my car

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

DrSunshine posted:

Search your heart, you know it is exactly going to be this.

drat it, you're right

maybe the west coast will go for something weird and new

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

drat it, you're right

like making good movies and music?

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
None of the nukes can be used without knowing the codes. The Feds have all the codes. Literally every state could secede and Trump + a few Air Force loyalists would make an example of a few cities before the rest fell in line.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

human garbage bag posted:

None of the nukes can be used without knowing the codes. The Feds have all the codes. Literally every state could secede and Trump + a few Air Force loyalists would make an example of a few cities before the rest fell in line.

arent they all 1111111 or something? lol

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

if the states just try the wrong launch code three times, it will lock the feds out

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

nevada can be in the PSA, as a treat (for its water)

though oregon and washington are good on water afaik

nevada already partially joined last night as a cooperating state, not a member state.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

fermun posted:

nevada already partially joined last night as a cooperating state, not a member state.

nice

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
its great that "post your map" is coming back with a fresh new meaning this decade

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

its great that "post your map" is coming back with a fresh new meaning this decade

:thurman:

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fermun posted:

aww gently caress. we have to include Pittsburgh?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

twoday posted:

drat it, you're right

Under immense pressure, the President of California signs a bill indexing the California dollar to the price of bitcoin.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Texas doesn't need other states :smug:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
greetings from the multistate council

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

nukes are gonna fly or they’ll detonate in their silos

ww3 gonna be lit af

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/burgessct/status/1250194894892568578

cia
balk

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I was worried about supporting any kind of Calexit because like to go to the Denver/Boulder area. If balkanization looks like this, count me in.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

If you're a nation state with physical access to a nuke and not the codes, you can make it go off if you really want to.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Virgin Multistate Council vs the Chad WESTERN STATES PACT

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

glad CA and the pacific NW are coordinating now, since otherwise its pretty easy to see balkanization and climate change leading to some very ugly regional politics given the ethnic/economic/water-resource differences between the two regions

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
post ur balkz

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the capitol of texas is texas

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

while I can definitely see a Mormon-dominated successor state emerging around Utah, I think a lot of that western dark green region is likely to get swallowed by by its neighbors, I don't think its a viable geopolitical entity as you have it laid out and a lot of the more sparsely populated states are going to be desirable acquisitions for their neighbors (oil + nukes in the case of the Dakotas, food security for some of the others)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

LGD posted:

while I can definitely see a Mormon-dominated successor state emerging around Utah, I think a lot of that western dark green region is likely to get swallowed by by its neighbors, I don't think its a viable geopolitical entity as you have it laid out and a lot of the more sparsely populated states are going to be desirable acquisitions for their neighbors (oil + nukes in the case of the Dakotas, food security for some of the others)

yeah thats probably fair. post ur own balk.

everyone balkanize.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im still standing by the fact that the capitol of texas will be texas though.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

loving that Michigan's upper peninsula is it's own thing, but Lake Superior is part of the industrial midwest

e: anyway

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Apr 15, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

Under immense pressure, the President of California signs a bill indexing the California dollar to the price of bitcoin.

Elon Musk?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

TeenageArchipelago posted:

loving that Michigan's upper peninsula is it's own thing, but Lake Superior is part of the industrial midwest

e: anyway

needs more border gore imo

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Danann posted:

needs more border gore imo

give it a few decades of game time, for some of the leaders to die and their heirs to further split the holdings, it will be fine

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

may i suggest

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Declaring myself First Imperator of The Great Lakes Federation, gonna build a wall 100 miles south and west of the lakes and make a deal with the new England blob region for St Lawrence seaway mutual control

twoday
May 4, 2005

this seems about right

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fast cars loose anus posted:

I would actually kind of like to see California go through with independence just so I could watch the reactions as Californians realized that the US wasn't about to just let them walk away with everything that was in California.

- San Diego would stay in the US as a Hong Kong type territory; lol if you think the US would give up that naval port.
-everyone who works for someone like Northrup Grumman or other military contractors would need to prepare to move to, like, Nevada or find new jobs
-many of them will be suprised that the previous statement also applies to Google and a ton of tech companies
-the realization that the new nation won't be California at all but a Chile-like little sliver of coast since the interior counties are all likely to go "lol gently caress you we're staying in the US"

it would be fun to watch

You're assuming the balkanization would only be California, in the scenario where California declares independence there will almost certainly be other breakaways and a massive collapse of federal power

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Please be courteous and chop off the florida panhandle to give to the Neo-Confederacy. I'd rather they be gone and the rest of us can join the Caribbean League.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Like, if California leaves Texas is going too

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

This poo poo won't be pretty along statelines imho

Light Grey is who-fuckin-knows territory, the rest is just what I assume would happen based off the cretins that live there

Red are independent cities

And bear in mind, there'd be low-level insurgency pretty much fuckin everywhere if the feds stopped being the feds lmao

I got bored halfway through doing this, feel free to tell me I'm an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I couldn't think of a better outcome than america nuking itself into a glowing crater.