Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I have learned a lot of poo poo on these forums. Some of it is useless knowledge, some useful poo poo like vinyl and bike stuff, some of that newfangled kid speak (uhhh slang), hell even sex positions (shout out to the goon that explained spitroasting). I even learned some newer acronyms iirc! Some of the funniest stuff has been the history of the forums itself.

Post and include something that the forums have taught you specifically, and as I remember or learn new poo poo I will include more about random poo poo i've learned from these forums myself.

Comedy is welcome and especially encouraged!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Apparently people are all about eating rear end now

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Working at the dick sucking factory is a rewarding and lucrative career.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
I learned that :matters:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pretty much all the horrible stuff about anime (i.e. everything about anime) I learned from these forums.

Oh except futanari, I learned that from WoW

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Diet Mountain Thunder is the preferred drink of Squatch Hunters

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Pretty much all the horrible stuff about anime (i.e. everything about anime) I learned from these forums.

I learned my daughter mini derps is a big fan of your magic cat paw avatar

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Derpies posted:

It looks like a jellyfish to me.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

With the skills I learned here at somethingawful I was able to smoothly transition into my role as a retard masturbater and happily work from home during these trying times.

Thanks goons.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Derpies posted:

hi5 mini derps. I look forward to seeing you shitpost when you're of an appropriate age.

My Shoes posted:

It looks like a jellyfish to me.

This is okay with me.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The forums taught me to rebel against oppression. Grill the meats fill the streets

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I learned some people have done awful things to their dog

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I have learned nothing here. I suppose I am one of the teachers.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"When the teacher becomes the student, then poo poo gets real. You heard about it. "
-- The Buddha

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Just lol if you weren't born with instinctual knowledge of futas

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

"shoutout to the goon that explained spitroasting" should be the GBS subtitle imo

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

This site taught me what donkey punching is, which has never been useful. Most of my internet subculture knowledge comes from here as well.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I learned about Wonder Showzen because of this site. :)

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i saw someone on twitter just now who learned what goatse is in the year of our lord 2020

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

goethe.cx posted:

i saw someone on twitter just now who learned what goatse is in the year of our lord 2020

Obviously not a forums poster and has a lot of time on their hands during quarantine :P

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
I learnt goon love is best love.

Is the 'I'm bored, come talk to me' thread still running? If you wanted love, that was the place to go. Thanks goons.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Just lol if you weren't born with instinctual knowledge of futas

somethingawful did in fact teach me about transexual people and image redirects when i was a lot younger, because lowtax used to have it so that if you image leeched, it would replace the image you were trying to leech with an image of a lady pointing her penis down at the camera

someone leeched it on another forum and was like 'check out this funny pic' without realising the redirect was in place

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm bored, come talk to me.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm gay, come talk to me.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hi gay, I'm dad.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I learned a lot from LF when I was 18-19. I had left-wing inclinations but lacked the language and data to really support them, and LF provided that in between all the shitposting. Also E/N had a "goon virginity megathread" back in the day where the gooniest of goons sought dating and self-improvement advice. Thankfully, even in my most awkward teenage phase I wasn't as far gone as some of those guys, but it could occasionally give decent advice that wasn't the PUA poo poo you'd find elsewhere.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I learned a lot of you are gay and like to tell everyone about it constantly.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Obsidianheart posted:

Please stop telling others how gay we are

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I do that on my own drat time

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Goons In Platoons kept me the gently caress outta the United States military

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

yes also the forums taught me that i am a homosexual

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

quote:

"Your theory that somethingawful is the centre of the internet, and that GBS is the forum which is its heart it has a very convincing ring to it, Mr. James, but it's wrong. I've got a better theory," said the little old lady.

"And what is that, madam?" inquired James politely.

"That we live on a subforum which is on the back of a giant gay."

Not wishing to demolish this absurd little theory by bringing to bear the masses of scientific evidence he had at his command, James decided to gently dissuade his opponent by making her see some of the inadequacies of her position.

"If your theory is correct, madam," he asked, "what does this gay stand on?"

"You're a very clever man, Mr. James, and that's a very good question," replied the little old lady, "but I have an answer to it. And it's this: The first gay stands on the back of a second, far larger, gay, who stands directly under him."

"But what does this second gay stand on?" persisted James patiently.

To this, the little old lady crowed triumphantly,

"It's no use, Mr. James—it's gays all the way down!"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Obsidianheart posted:

Bullshit!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I learned that one man’s giant distended anus and one pig’s huge swinging balls have the power to really bring people together in a positive way.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I learned a lot of useless trivia I can't specifically recall.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I learned all that poo poo about how thoroughbred horses are ultra suicidal and dumber than horse-shaped agglomerations of dust, or at least, I operate with the assumption "thought of bees and died" post is true.

Green Ganja
Apr 8, 2020

My Shoes posted:

I have learned a lot of poo poo on these forums. Some of it is useless knowledge, some useful poo poo like vinyl and bike stuff, some of that newfangled kid speak (uhhh slang), hell even sex positions (shout out to the goon that explained spitroasting). I even learned some newer acronyms iirc! Some of the funniest stuff has been the history of the forums itself.

Post and include something that the forums have taught you specifically, and as I remember or learn new poo poo I will include more about random poo poo i've learned from these forums myself.

Comedy is welcome and especially encouraged!

Poop is stored in the balls

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
i learned all the bullshit i missed from not signing up for twitter

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

I learned to :justpost: and sometimes its funny Most of the time its not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I learned to never, ever reveal my secret, shameful fetishes.