Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Hello thread. I made a lifelong dream come true and made Mulder laugh over the weekend.

I need better lighting I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

No because the decor in my basement isn't any better. Of course I didn't notice the crooked music poster in the background until it was too late.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

TIP posted:

I think the revival seasons are mostly good if you skip all the episodes chris carter wrote (which I think are just the first and last of each season)

Correct answer

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

The actor who played Tooms hit on me when I was 18 but I looked younger so checks out.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I mean this was the 90s where Netflix gives you five seasons and you can carefully write out plot points. You never knew if the show was coming back and Chris Carter totally made it up as he went along. He also obviously ran out of ideas after season seven.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Disregarding the late seasons, you have to consider that this show was on in the 90s where you didn't necessarily know if the show would come back the next season. I feel like the writers worked themselves into the corner at the end of each season to make it exciting/a cliffhanger and the following season was spent figuring out how to make it work.

After nine regular seasons, the mytharc was so ragged and they did the best they could.

I obviously have an x-files avatar so my opinion is colored.

The last episode sucked though.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

barnold posted:

i can already tell i'm about to make x-files my whole personality for the next 2-3 years. i'm hooked

It has been my personality for 30 years so welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Lol also