Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Weka posted:

Hi I'm L Ron Munsk AMA.
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I put on my robe and wizard hat and climb into my truck

naem
May 29, 2011

ford is working on a ford focus based pickup that will sell for less than $20k in 2021

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

naem posted:

ford is working on a ford focus based pickup that will sell for less than $20k in 2021

i wish this was real

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

naem posted:

I think it's already out:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-Wh...ASABEgIJmPD_BwE

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
it was launched into space

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Elon got hungry and ate it

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It turned out the cyber truck cyber sucked and was cyber chucked into the cyber muck, may it rust in piss.

naem
May 29, 2011

guitartorch posted:

i wish this was real

it is, they’ve had a tiny fiesta based mini-truck popular in developing nations for years and they’re making a focus based one for the US

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp31281106/ford-small-pickup-coming-2021/

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Cyber truckin and cyber fuckin is all I crave

The stock market was astonished!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

they couldn't afford to fix it after Elon broke all the windows

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

numberoneposter posted:

If you want a car that looks like a doorstop you really want a lancia Stratos. Of course this are impossible to obtain much like the cyber truck.

Do you mean the Stratos Zero? The 'regular' Stratos had a decent production run and you can still get a Lister Bell version today if you want so it's better than a Cybertruck

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Cyber truckin and cyber fuckin is all I crave

Born on a motherboard, raised in a C.A.V.E.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Knight posted:

It went to cyber hell

Didn't even die, the earth just opened up and swallowed it

Lucky truck

Money
Used
Stupidly
Kids

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Mooey Cow posted:

It turned out the cyber truck cyber sucked and was cyber chucked into the cyber muck, may it rust in piss.

How much suck would a Cybertruck suck?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The MUSK Manifesto

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Development of the cyber truck was transferred to the new cyber bus project. These were to be used by the UK goverment to transport gyro recipients to the dick sucking factory for forced labor. That plan had to be put on hold due to social distancing issues.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
They sent them all into space.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

elon musk stopped working on the cyber truck for now because he is too busy with his plan to save us from corona virus, which involves building a giant submarine to evacuate the entire population of earth and move to a planet that has less corona virus

Steve Ballmer
Aug 25, 2013

Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers!
And by that, I think you mean “Donating a bunch of CPAP machines and trying to convince everyone they’re ventilators”.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

naem posted:

it is, they’ve had a tiny fiesta based mini-truck popular in developing nations for years and they’re making a focus based one for the US

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp31281106/ford-small-pickup-coming-2021/

I hope you can run a tiny food truck out of the back of it and serve exactly one person at a location and all it serves is piss and the piss tastes bad and everyone gets mad at the person drinking the piss but they're too aloof to notice it because boy I'm really scoffing at this tiny truck and the market it may serve

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The cyber truck was just cover for the opening vestiges of corona virus. Remember when we laughed because the unbreakable window broke?

Well, at the time it got a lot of media attention, and at the same time the illuminati were planting corona virus into the bat that the guy ate in China which then turned in to whats going on now. See, the thing is, a lot of people believe that there already IS a cure for it, but scientists haven't found out a way to make the vaccine cause autism yet. But if you think about that for two seconds, you know thats a load of poo poo.
If they want the corona virus vaccine to cause autism, all "they" have to do is add the same ingredients from ALL THE OTHER VACCINES THAT CAUSE AUTISM (all of them obviously), and then your Corona virus vaccine causes autism. But "they" already know that, and have done it. So, its not that they can't release the vaccine because it doesn't cause autism yet, its that they're waiting for a whole poo poo load more cases to come up then "MIRACULOUSLY" the cure will be released "discovered". Its pretty much the difference between BIG PHARMA/ILLUMINATI/BIG OIL/CLINTON CRIME FAMILY/SOROS/ROTHSCHILDS/ETC making a few tens of millions of dollars VS making Tens of Billions of dollars.

Elon Musk is a part of this, by sabotaging his windows he (musk) deliberately got the attention of the media away from the market in China where the corona bat was sold. The dude actually selling the bat was busy staring at his TV laughing and pretty much being all "ooohhhhh stupid american with supposed breakproof windows on ugly truck think he so special", and as that was happening, One of the highest of highs in the illuminati, injected "bat patient zero" with corona virus. Illuminati guy himself however, had already been inoculated with the non-autism causing formula of the vaccine that is reserved for the global elite and a select few other 1%ers who aren't necessarily part of that "elite", but are considered worthy enough to get the non-autism causing vaccine.

naem
May 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

I hope you can run a tiny food truck out of the back of it and serve exactly one person at a location and all it serves is piss and the piss tastes bad and everyone gets mad at the person drinking the piss but they're too aloof to notice it because boy I'm really scoffing at this tiny truck and the market it may serve

there is a huge market gap for a small affordable pickup, ford would have the us cornered.

every other truck out there costs like $35k and has a fake hood scoop and is the size of a city bus.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

naem posted:

there is a huge market gap for a small affordable pickup, ford would have the us cornered.

every other truck out there costs like $35k and has a fake hood scoop and is the size of a city bus.

If it had legitimate offroad capability and came with a manual transmission in more than just the absolute barest of bare bones model, I'd consider buying one.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

naem posted:

There is next to zero market for this in the US and it will fail horribly.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
500,000 people have each paid $100 to pre order it

edit: some claim it's 600,000+ people now

Dave Concepcion fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 19, 2020

naem
May 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

There is next to zero market for this in the US and it will fail horribly.

I disagree, especially at a sub $20k price. A lot of people are going to like a small utilitarian vehicle

Steve Ballmer
Aug 25, 2013

Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers!

wesleywillis posted:

If it had legitimate offroad capability and came with a manual transmission in more than just the absolute barest of bare bones model, I'd consider buying one.

It’s for people who need to carry stuff around in town and for whom the smaller size and better fuel economy is more important than being able to carry an entire building while running over Priuses or whatever.

I can see these being popular as fleet vehicles. The Cybertruck could’ve cornered the fleet truck market had it been designed as a sensible electric truck instead of the complete joke that it is.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

There's another car they announced even before that, the Model Y, that they still haven't shipped yet lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

naem posted:

I disagree, especially at a sub $20k price. A lot of people are going to like a small utilitarian vehicle

starts at 20k for bare bones 1.5L front wheel drive base model.

5k less than a ranger

So for 5k less than a ranger I can get a smaller vehicle with a car suspension, with a car engine, no all wheel drive, neither the passenger room of a car, nor the bed space or towing capacity or customization of a truck, and no luxury options. Wonderful.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
but..... cyber

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

FCKGW posted:

There's another car they announced even before that, the Model Y, that they still haven't shipped yet lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_Y

Or is it the tesla MODELK WHY?!?!?! :hurr:

naem
May 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

starts at 20k for bare bones 1.5L front wheel drive base model.

5k less than a ranger

So for 5k less than a ranger I can get a smaller vehicle with a car suspension, with a car engine, no all wheel drive, neither the passenger room of a car, nor the bed space or towing capacity or customization of a truck, and no luxury options. Wonderful.

the entire automotive market has shifted $5-$10k up in price minimum pretty much across the board and this is an attempt to introduce something back into that lower price/value bracket, I could see it doing quite well.

not everyone needs advanced action depth grommets or 46” death-wheels or fake hood scoops, sometimes they just need to haul a couple 100 pound bags of cement across town affordably.

I’m not buying one, I work in an office, but won’t be surprised when others will.

here is the Brazilian made ford courier, based on a fiesta:

is it a tiny miserable turd? yes. can you put poo poo in the back? is it extremely affordable to buy and maintain? very

will this new truck suck quite as bad? I would guess it would split the difference for those on a budget esp since there will be nothing else like it in the us

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
How does a man with the name Musk not come out with a cologne?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
It was pretty far into development but then they released that video of the Cybertruck getting outtowed by another truck and that's something you cant recover from in the truck world. Also, the people making it realized that they did not actually know what a truck was and what it was used for when they designed it, so it is in the process of being redesigned and rebranded as Cybersuck but it's more of a appliance now than anything.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

They realized there's approximately 0%chance any country but the US would allow it onto the road because it's an angular death trap with no crumple zones.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

The cybertrucks achieved their secret purpose of bringing about the third impact op

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Geemer posted:

They realized there's approximately 0%chance any country but the US would allow it onto the road because it's an angular death trap with no crumple zones.

There's no engine in the front so this isn't actually an issue

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
I'm still holding out for a Toyota Sienna with 7.5 inches of ground clearance. Better cargo capacity and seating than my midsize truck and is the same length. Slap a roof rack on it and it's a competent trailhead vehicle.

The only other retail vehicle on the market with the same cargo capacity and seating capability is a full-size Suburban, Ford Expedition, or similar. The van is a lot easier to parallel park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Sex Skeleton posted:

I'm still holding out for a Toyota Sienna with 7.5 inches of ground clearance. Better cargo capacity and seating than my midsize truck and is the same length. Slap a roof rack on it and it's a competent trailhead vehicle.

The only other retail vehicle on the market with the same cargo capacity and seating capability is a full-size Suburban, Ford Expedition, or similar. The van is a lot easier to parallel park.

You're describing the new big Subaru. AWD, 3 row seating for 8, and 8.7 inches of ground clearance.