Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
If we ever get out of quarantine, some of us may be looking for ... interesting ways to make money. I'm blaming this thread entirely on Suspect Bucket, because they texted me an absolute horror of an idea, and I kept adding to it. It turned into a horror show, but I lowkey feel like some of those combinations sounded kind of good.

Screen Shot of the conversation:

https://imgur.com/a/pO9e52m

Inchitaco = Indian Chinese Tacos

It devolved from there. Please, share your horrible hipster douchey food fusion ideas. I'm half tempted to make this taco thing that Suspect Bucket proposed, because it could end up being good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Soup Stand. You choose your broth, your proteins, your veggies, and your toppings. It'd be a franchise, so it's like those horrible FroYo places, but for soup.

Dosa crepe stand. Where you get French crepe recipes (strawberry, nutella, cream, spinach, whatever), but the crepes are made of dosa batter instead. Hit the probiotic people AND the gluten free people all at the same time, charge $12 a crepe, and the ingredients cost a fraction of what real crepe batter costs.

Naan pizza. Choose your naan (plain, garlic, scallion/garlic, spice, hot and spicy), your sauce (korma sauce, tomato sauce, some kind of white sauce), and your toppings, and then your cheese of choice.

Korean BBQ samosas. So it's a samosa, but it gets stuffed with korean bbq stuff. And served with that same tamarind date sauce, the mint and cilantro sauce, and a side of kimchi because reasons.

Mongolian Mexican fusion. It's mongolian grill, but with Mexican spices and ingredients.

Italian stir-fry house. So instead of noodles, you'd use pasta of various shapes. And you'd use Italian ingredients with Chinese technique, and serve it with pasta.

Asian Italian. IDK, figure out a bunch of "pan asian" recipes, and make them using Italian techniques.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

al-azad posted:

Make It Thai Hot: it’s just a generic food truck but to your impress your friends and make you feel like a real man you tell me 1-10 and that’s how many grams of raw bird chili seeds I dump on your meal.

I’ll do you one better. Make that Carolina reaper dick waving contest into a placebo, and see how long it takes people to notice.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Considering what's available while the world ransacks its supermarkets, I'm again stealing ideas from the forums: a 70's themed truck, featuring abominations straight from the AFP thread.

Aspic Bites, done all cutesey in muffin tins.

Along that line, Bloody Mary Jell-O shots (if you can even find celery-flavored Jell-O anymore? gently caress it, we'll make our own ~artisanal~ Jell-O)

Casserole Roulette: we're not even gonna tell you what's in it, you gotta buy one for $14 and try it for yourself. Everything is sourced locally from the Dollar General.

I misread this as “cassoulet roulette” and got vaguely excited for a moment. And then saw it was casserole. :(

That said. Cassoulet Roulette sounds like a solid concept to me. You have the main option which is a classic cassoulet. It’s made vegan, but there’s roasted meats on the side to make it more traditional if you want. But then there’s the Cassoulet of the Day (which is the Roulette past) where chef finds whatever bits and bobs they can at the store, and knocks up a ~fusion~ cassoulet. Which, to be honest, is basically daal but less expensive spices and more random ingredients. But see, now it’s fancy.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Scientastic posted:

Vegan cassoulet is just an extremely stereotypical Frenchman throwing raw beans at you while screaming obscenities

I thought that was a Tuesday? :P

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Notahippie posted:

While I've never tried their food, there's an Asian fusion food truck in DC named Miso Honey that deserves recognition (of some kind) for the name alone.

Wait what. How does that even work.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Amiel from BA made a Paratha, kielbasa and kraut wrap. Turns out we're all going insane.

Listen. Paratha tacos are the next big thing.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Pongal/Kichidi power bowls. Bottom is pongal. You top it with your *~gluten free~*, vegan, organic, mutually masturbated cuisine of choice, and then pay $18 for the privilege.

Choices include:

- Mushroom bulgogi with chaat masala dressed raw veggies
- Shan tomato gravy (Myanmar ethnic minority group from up in the mountains) and deep fried chickpeas with saffron and cardamom spice
- Thai red curry tofu with pickled green mango

And it rotates every day, based on whatever stoner fantasy the cook comes up with each night, and can find at the whole foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
WHAT IS THE ASTERISK LEADING TO.