Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

For the past few months, it has been obvious to those of us following the U.S. Democratic Party Primary that Joseph R. Biden had credible rape accusations against him by several women, most prominently, Tara Reade. Now, in 2020 electoral politics in the United States, the "First Past the Post" system funnels voters in to a two-party viable system.

However, this does not create a justification of any sort with regards to voting for rapists and abusers. Yes, Donald J. Trump is also accused. Yes, it is likely at this juncture that Biden will also be the Democratic nominee on the ballot, especially since the party is attempting to cancel future elections.

It is my opinion that the moderators of our digital nation should discard this false dichotomy. They should reject the structure of electoral politics in the U.S., and reject the idea that voters are forced to choose between these two people. There is no justification more convincing in favor of voting for them, then the knowledge of their crime should be justification for not voting all together. My suggestion is a simple one: a single warning to desist, then immediate banning of anyone who places the safety and well being of victims secondary to winning a political football game.

Yes, the stakes of the election are high. Indeed, there are reasons to prefer one candidate over the other. But there is no reason that differences in policy should override the one commonality between Biden and Trump, and sadly indeed, with countless others in the world: They are rapists. They have violated their victims, and advocating that a rapist should be chosen to hold any position of authority should be a ban-worthy offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This is loving stupid, close thread ban op

E: not saying that as a meme

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

T-man posted:

So you are in favor of having people laud praise on known rapists?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Skyl3lazer posted:

advocating that a rapist should be chosen to hold any position of authority should be a ban-worthy offense.

How 2019 of you.

Sounds legitimately reasonable, therefore it cannot be allowed to exist.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

T-man posted:

sighing as I set my “days since T-man made a bad post” signboard back to “0”

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
but both of the candidates are

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

thought i was in qcs for a second, that would have been funny

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
somebodys doing the voting

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

op sounds like a cop

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Slippery Nipple posted:

op sounds like a cop

with respect,

gently caress u

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raged posted:

but both of the candidates are

There's more than two/Democrat and Republican candidates you can vote for

Green Party: Howie Hawkins and/or Jesse Ventura
Libertarians: Could be anyone tbh, Jacob Hornberger's leading in the primaries, Vermin Supreme and Jo Jorgensen each have over 10% of the popular vote thus far, Justin Amash just entered the race
Gloria La Riva is PSL

That's not even counting the many independents who've shown interest, or low-interest parties like the Constitution Party's Don Blankenship and the 643 people who voted for him in NC+ID+MO

"But splitting the vote" you may say, to which I reply "who gives a gently caress lol". If a Dem candidate and a Repub candidate haven't earned your vote, you don't owe them poo poo

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Further evidence that having a newspaper stylesheet for c-spam would be pretty cool

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Bernie's lack of sexual assault history turned out to legit be unpresidential.

Oct 28, 2003

Christoph posted:

Bernie's lack of sexual assault history turned out to legit be unpresidential.

hahaha, poo poo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I agree and support the OP of this thread. Joe Biden raped his subordinate just like dozens of other men on Capitol Hill: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_sex_scandals_in_the_United_States

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yes agreed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
disagree. biden winning would be extremely funny as trump would refuse to leave and a potus refusing to leave power will destroy the country.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Protester posted:

disagree. biden winning would be extremely funny as trump would refuse to leave and a potus refusing to leave power will destroy the country.

possibly?

but also we should ban every rape-enabler advocating voting for a rapist

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Protester posted:

will it? what if biden just feebly says "okay" and goes home

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I (obviously) agree that no one should vote for Joe Biden, but supporting him shouldn't lead to a ban unless you've done the toxx. Vanishingly few Biden supporters post in C-SPAM anyway, but if they did I'd rather they be ridiculed, or maybe probed if their advocacy got overbearing. Banning isn't necessary

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Fly Molo posted:

also funny and biden doesnt get to be president

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

that would also be really, really funny.
I would prefer a Biden victory to a Trump one, but I refuse to legitimatize the process by voting for Biden. The rape was the nail in the coffin.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

possibly?

but also we should ban every rape-enabler advocating voting for a rapist

i agree, mods, let's make this happen

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
biden will have forgotten he even ran in the elections and curmudgeonly refuse to believe anyone who says he did and won

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Plus having a hard rule would make us seem insecure like D&D is. The NoJoe cause is self-evidently strong and righteous, and I'm not even a little afraid of some sniveling BlueMAGA convincing me to vote Joe because I'm privileged or he has the Most Progressive Platform In History lol. I say bring em on to get crushed and laughed at

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Setting the rape aside, elections are a game and you won't win it without presenting the Democrats with a credible threat of losing your vote. Their strategy of fear mongering about Trump wasn't just designed to deliver the nomination to Biden, but also to get you to vote for their old fucker.

Basically they've turned this election into a bomb threat. You're holding the bomb and they're not convinced you'll set it off. But as long as they don't think there's a credible threat that you will trigger the bomb (by not voting for them), they will give you nothing. They're calling your bluff by making you afraid of your own bomb. They've been doing this for generations and morons keep falling for it.

By voting for Biden you're guaranteeing that there will be zero positive change in this country for the next 8 years. It's actually worse than Trump having another term.

And Trump will just run again in 4 years. So don't vote for a rapist, you have literally nothing to gain and your soul to lose.

Dolphin has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Jun 6, 2020

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol look at this counter-revolutionary OP unwilling to call for the ban of pro-electoralist posts

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Refuse to vote for Biden because of your own personal principles, not your stupid game theory or whatever.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Refuse to vote for Biden because of your own personal principles, not your stupid game theory or whatever.

Refuse to vote for Joe Biden for literally any reason you want, as long as you don't vote for him

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The stupid game theory is why everyone keeps voting for Democrats. It's risk aversion and it works again and again. Sure you should 'vote your principles' but that's not how people vote in first past the post.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

the materialist analysis of reality wherein things get dramatically worse after a caretaker blue republican President upholds the status quo completely and makes no meaningful changes (for an example, let's turn to history, alllllllllllllllll the way back to the year 2016 when after 8 years of Obama we got trump lmfao) is principled

voting for the guy on the off chance that he's somehow less bad than the alternative is the game theory

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I have a God given right to vote for a rapist and I'm not going to let some schmuck tell me not to!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

smarxist posted:

voting for the guy on the off chance that he's somehow less bad than the alternative is the game theory

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Chris James 2 posted:

There's more than two/Democrat and Republican candidates you can vote for

Green Party: Howie Hawkins and/or Jesse Ventura
Libertarians: Could be anyone tbh, Jacob Hornberger's leading in the primaries, Vermin Supreme and Jo Jorgensen each have over 10% of the popular vote thus far, Justin Amash just entered the race
Gloria La Riva is PSL
enjoy sniffing your own borscht farts

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
thought this was gonna be a controversial thread, but the things the OP said are actually pretty reasonable

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
close thread cancel OP

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I found the Biden voter, mods can finally ban this sick piece of filth

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Game theory is the only tenable argument in favor of Biden. Anyone with principles has no other reason to vote for him.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Jewel Repetition posted:

I (obviously) agree that no one should vote for Joe Biden, but supporting him shouldn't lead to a ban unless you've done the toxx. Vanishingly few Biden supporters post in C-SPAM anyway, but if they did I'd rather they be ridiculed, or maybe probed if their advocacy got overbearing. Banning isn't necessary

Came here to post something similar to this.

I also don’t agree that this is the most effective strategy for discouraging people to vote for Biden, which I presume to be one of the main goals of the op. Think of the lurkers, or people from other forums who pop into c-spam once in a while and are unsure about whether to post here because c-spam is perceived by some to a be a hostile leftist bubble. Some of those people may be on the fence about voting for Biden or not. Now consider the following two scenarios:

quote:

1. Someone makes a post in c-spam advocating for voting for Joe Biden. That post is immediately responded to by 15 people with good reasons for why voting for Biden is bad. Lurker on the fence sees this and reads the arguments, and decides that the anti-Biden posts are convincing, they decide not vote for Biden.

One point for you.

quote:

2. We adopt the rule you are proposing. Lurker on the fence comes to c-spam, sees this rule, decides that it is pointless to read c-spam because we are an insular and hostile group of weirdos who aren’t even pretending to allow people to discuss the most mainstream political issues in the country right now. This leaves a bad taste in their mouth, so they go read D&D, and someone there says something which convinces them to vote for Biden.

One point for Biden.

I’m not going to speak definitively for the rest of the mod team on this, but I’m pretty sure that the rest of them would agree with me if I say that one of our current goals in c-spam is to make it a welcoming place for new people. If new people come here and stay here and read all the stuff we write, they may think it’s funny and convincing and stick around, and after being exposed to our views, start sharing those views. Rules like this make c-spam seem hostile and weird, and discourage people from reading it.

Your Marxist radicalization chamber isn’t going to radicalize anyone if you post a sign on the door of the chamber which says that moderates will be shot for trespassing if they enter.

twoday has issued a correction as of 22:44 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Gazpacho posted:

enjoy sniffing your own borscht farts

Are you trying to suggest that voting for someone who isn't a rapist is a Russian plot?