Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

peanut- posted:

The newspapers literally just made Boris Johnson prime minister. Unless they're convinced corona is going to absolutely ruin him irredeemably to the electorate I really struggle to believe there's much conspiracy within either the tory party or the press to get rid of him (above just their baseline level of backstabbing).

I have a suspicion that the press would rapidly find they've done too good a job bigging Joris up and now whatever they fling at him won't stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
i laughed when he said he'd consulted the other 3 nations and there was a consensus on this, that must have been the bit recorded yesterday.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

XMNN posted:

loving hell

a bunch of word salad that's going to kill people :thumbsup:

Does saying staff "should" go back to work give employers clout to sack them if they refuse due to no ppe?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
This graph bothers me

Why the gently caress is the R=1 line vertical?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

That graph sort of makes sense, in a vague way. If you assume that the vertical axis is new cases and the horizontal axis is time then at the peak R=1 (because when R=1 new cases are constant).

But R is related to time, so it should be on the Y axis not X, same as new cases would be. See this scottish version from the other day:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Juche Couture posted:

Wants to sell - possibly needs to sell? I don’t give a poo poo, maybe he should work instead of being reliant on speculative investments?

Cheers to everyone who replied. From reading Shelter’s website I think they are within their legal rights, but I’ve sent what I think is a reasonable compromise offer - mostly so I can point out that I’ve tried to be reasonable - and otherwise I will be in touch with ACORN/seeing if the MEN wants to run a story about are nhs heroes vs the landlord.

They are within their legal rights to ask you to leave, but you are within yours to stay until a judge orders you to go, which can take months at the best of times. The only people that can legally end a tenancy are the tenants or a judge.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Camrath posted:

So, the marshmallows contain gelatine, but aside from that I don’t believe there’s any meat-based stuff in any of the flavours. I’ll double check when I get home, as I’m currently playing cat-chauffeur.

Bags are all 100g.

How likely are they to kill a diabetic?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Guavanaut posted:

e: ^^^ Hugebrains going on about THE DECLINE OF THE WEST while rejecting the very epistemology that supposedly built it is another symptom of this I'm sure.

I seem to recall something about Rajan being a wrong un that takes sweeteners off lobbyists and other vested interests to flavour his articles.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

This "clarification" is hurting my brain.

kingturnip posted:

I propose that anyone who drives from Liverpool to Bournemouth to go to the beach is a knobber irrespective of whether they turn around when they see that it's packed.

I'd amend that to anyone that visits Bournemouth for any reason at all is a knobber.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

The Perfect Element posted:

I think we're also meant to hit 200,000 tests per day by 1st June as well... I think we're only just over the 100k mark so far. The fudging they'll have to do to hit the new target will be magnificent.

I think they "clarified" the 200k target was capacity, rather than people, almost as soon as the words were out of his mouth.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Woo, go Team UK!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Algol Star posted:

Check out the king of YouTube fitness Athlean-X, he put together a home bodyweight workout at the start of the lockdown:

https://youtu.be/vc1E5CfRfos

He's also got a 'sore in 6 minutes' series which has some bodyweight versions.

I found his videos the other day while looking for tips on bench pressing technique and he seems pretty good, explains stuff clearly and in basic enough language to follow.

For anyone after weights, I scored a bench plus 50kg off Argos last weekend after a week or so of trying. I put it in my basket when it was out of stock and refreshed a few times a day until it offered collection from store, so it's worth a try.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Communist Thoughts posted:

the media will ask some extremely epic questions and get some extremely pathetic lies.

It won't even be lies, it'll just be Gove wishing us well as Burley asks where the masks are, why the care homes are full of corpses, why the app has disappeared and why track and trace has failed.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Relaxing the rules for shielding people is utterly bonkers. It goes against everything they've said about their plan so far, so the plan has gone out the window, likely as a dead cat to cover Jenrick's corruption or more cover for Cummings.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

thespaceinvader posted:

I have yet to see a single shielding person who has not said 'gently caress this I'm continuing to stay at home' if they're able, but a lot will not be able, especially as the food package programme is stopping too, or so I understand.

God loving drat the wolrd is for poo poo right now.

I am genuinely horrified on so many axes I've lost count of how many different things I'm horrified by, every so often I'll remember another one and be like. oh yeah, that's terrifying too.

Yeah I'm shielding, as are a few friends and all of us are ignoring this new "guidance". Luckily I'm working from home, but not everyone can do that and this feels like the first step to taking away the protection we had.

Jenny Harries came out with some of the worst bollocks I've heard yet during this debacle, that people being cold called by track and tracers would know they weren't scammers by how professional they will sound. What planet do these people live on?

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 31, 2020

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Oh dear me posted:

I'm shielding and staying put, but I think we're still getting food parcels for now. We're only going to be allowed out to meet one person on Monday, so it still rules out shopping.

Aye the food parcels are staying for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Some people were talking about weights in here last week. If anyone is after a small set, Argos has their dumbbells up but only on eBay here. 2500 watchers so they won't last long.

Worrying chart on page 17 https://assets.publishing.service.g...y_w22_Final.pdf

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jun 1, 2020