Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Michigan Stadium, nicknamed "The Big House",[6] is the football stadium for the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is the largest stadium in the United States, the third largest stadium in the world and the 34th largest sports venue.[7] Its official capacity is 107,601,[8] but has hosted crowds in excess of 115,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
My part-time retail job opened back up to the public last Saturday, and it felt surreal to me. I didn't like it. The cognitive dissonance is amplified by the fact that my full-time job is for a not-for-profit that serves seniors so we won't have them back in our building until winter at the earliest, and my coworkers and I are WFH until further notice. Someone earlier in this thread said that there are two separate narratives for this pandemic (one for blue collar workers, and one for white collar workers) and they were 100% right.

Jesus Christ.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Michigan Stadium, nicknamed "The Big House",[6] is the football stadium for the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is the largest stadium in the United States, the third largest stadium in the world and the 34th largest sports venue.[7] Its official capacity is 107,601,[8] but has hosted crowds in excess of 115,000.
go blue

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

we did it!!

NotNowBro
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know May is over, you might want to close this thread.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Don't June know that you May close the thread? eheheh

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Sitting in on a lecture from a PA who was working a covid unit at Bellevue hospital in nyc.

Scariest thing is people throwing clots even while on a heparin drip which frankly doesn’t make any sense.

Maybe it's not a factor of chemical content and more a physical aspect? Sickle cell causes clots by the inherent shape of the cells, isn't it possible some change is making cells more sticky or prone to adhesion/coagulation?

As scary as everything about novel virus infections is, one reflection is that genetic research is only scratching the surface on what simple RNA chains can do, it's like the "smallest malware coding" challenge, where modern coders where challenged(via a hacking convention, mind) to write the smallest malware they could to effect a certain degree of remote disabling of a system, and some of the winners were almost tweetable in length, if not so

mastershakeman posted:

Why the gently caress is Chicago reopening tomorrow

Given the riots, it seems downright bipolar: 6am - 6pm OPEN R UP
6pm - 6am "Here have some pure capsaicin seasoning to go with your roni lung"

Oh, poo poo, "hey let's call up all the people from the middle of loving nowhere to go police the extremely urban cities, get the roni and then take it back to every corner of the boonies all at the same time"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mistle posted:

Oh, poo poo, "hey let's call up all the people from the middle of loving nowhere to go police the extremely urban cities, get the roni and then take it back to every corner of the boonies all at the same time"

Second wave is going to be lit

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

no need for a new thread, covid is over folks

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

NotNowBro posted:

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Don't June know that you May close the thread? eheheh

Thread locks are usually done when a new thread is up to redirect people into.

We're just fudging the numbers a bit, IF THE STATES CAN DO IT SO CAN WE

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/Barton_options/status/1267901271245193217

click on the tweet a couple of times to see the thread. pek is a beijing airport

i dont feel so dumb for ordering one of these goggles now. im not brave enough to go full medical gown (yet)

https://twitter.com/Barton_options/status/1267902068607586317

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

NotNowBro posted:

ths forums cops r too busy dealing w/the glorious insurrection spurred on by our comrades in the cool zone

we gotta thrive in the chaos

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

covid thread is OVER much like the disease itself. time to GET BACK TO WORK and post in the nation wide riots or deadly hurricanes threads! AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yesssssss

https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/1267877654864199683

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stay-at-home is pretty much over for good.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Fellatio del Toro posted:

no need for a new thread, covid is over folks
[Covid-19 June] A retrospective

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

let’s loving goooo meltdown June

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
haha im not going outside ever again

poty
Jun 21, 2008

[Covid-19 June] mission accomplished

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Will a snowjoe kn95 provide significantly more protection than a 2 ply cotton mask from someone not wearing a mask but 6ft+ away talking to me?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

anime was right posted:

haha im not going outside ever again

I mean it wasn't a problem before COVID, but :same:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
After a 2 month delay my NATO threaded viral filters came in. Goodbye COVID thread, hello cool zone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mistle posted:

Maybe it's not a factor of chemical content and more a physical aspect? Sickle cell causes clots by the inherent shape of the cells, isn't it possible some change is making cells more sticky or prone to adhesion/coagulation?

The virus can't physically change the shape of RBC. That's not possible. Illnesses can cause certain kinds of anemias but that wouldn't actually create the sickle effect you see in SCA.

Heparin, especially on a drip, stops thrombin and fibrin. Clotting cannot happen. If someone develops a bleed while on heparin they immediately push protamine to reverse it and pump them full of clotting factors.

It doesn't make any sense.

Immune complexes would explain the microvasculature effects. As far as the massive strokes, I got no loving idea.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[wrong thread]

Tei has issued a correction as of 21:41 on Jun 2, 2020

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Google Butt posted:

Will a snowjoe kn95 provide significantly more protection than a 2 ply cotton mask from someone not wearing a mask but 6ft+ away talking to me?

if its legit kn95 and not a knockoff yes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/BreakingNAlerts/status/1267871377207459840

Not read the thread to see if this was mentioned so just posting

That Corona Virus the Soldier of Allah graphic owned

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

The virus can't physically change the shape of RBC. That's not possible. Illnesses can cause certain kinds of anemias but that wouldn't actually create the sickle effect you see in SCA.

Heparin, especially on a drip, stops thrombin and fibrin. Clotting cannot happen. If someone develops a bleed while on heparin they immediately push protamine to reverse it and pump them full of clotting factors.

It doesn't make any sense.

Immune complexes would explain the microvasculature effects. As far as the massive strokes, I got no loving idea.

does covid produce a competitive or allosteric inhibitor of heparin?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

does covid produce a competitive or allosteric inhibitor of heparin?

that would be horrifying

but also she said patients were having strokes while on apixaban and coumadin so its overriding tons of meds that work on different places in the clotting cascade.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

poty posted:

if its legit kn95 and not a knockoff yes

How do I find that out? These are what I have https://www.snowjoe.com/products/kn95-protective-face-mask-ce-certified-gb2626-standard-5-pack

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it does indeed reduce antithrombin (drastically in some cases), meaning heparin can’t form the complex needed to stop clotting: https://www.facs.org/-/media/files/covid19/umiami_study_uses_of_coagulopathy.ashx

“In addition to increased clotting events, there seems to be an increased incidence of antithrombin-III deficiency leading to an inability to therapeutically anticoagulate with heparin. A number of centers have switched to bivalirudin as their anticoagulant of choice while on these circuits.”

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Why is there talk about closing this thread, in here it's all about OPENING UP!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

that would be horrifying

but also she said patients were having strokes while on apixaban and coumadin so its overriding tons of meds that work on different places in the clotting cascade.

The Coumadin is interesting, but apixiban is upstream of thrombin, so that at least makes sense

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

but again this is still so new doctors are just basically playing jazz

like all the more successful (well comparably) methods to treat are percolating up through like various doctors only discords

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1267912900166864897

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Just rename the thread to [Covid-19 Summer] Pestilence is praxis

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i guess you cant know for sure. it does have the european standards ce logo which is a good sign. does the supplyaid brand and the snowjoe store have good reputation? you can also have a look at the eu's product alert thing searching by free text "kn95" and see if you spot anything with supplyaid or tjtest (as per the pdf on the snowjoe thing). i didnt see anything on the first page

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

poty posted:

i guess you cant know for sure. it does have the european standards ce logo which is a good sign. does the supplyaid brand and the snowjoe store have good reputation? you can also have a look at the eu's product alert thing searching by free text "kn95" and see if you spot anything with supplyaid or tjtest (as per the pdf on the snowjoe thing). i didnt see anything on the first page

Interesting. So if they weren't real kn95s, then they would be less effective than say a double ply cotton mask in that scenario I gave? I understand it's hard to account for everything, especially fitment, just trying to decide which I should be wearing around dumbfucks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Roy Cooper y'all

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Somebody at my work tested positive. Different building, though. But the bosses seem intent on keeping the operation going. :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
In before June thread