Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Anyone have a zombie apocalypse in July when COVID and EBOLA mate on their bingo card?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-ebola-congo-idUSKBN2382F5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Just saw the Last Week Tonight about Voting by Mail. It made me think. It seems republicans are working hard to make all the chuds unafraid of Corona, and force everyone into a massive crowd if they want to vote. I thought Trump might eventually use Corona as an excuse to postpone the election but this might work even better for him.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Many thanks for all the congrats, I would again like to thank our dark lord Satan for all of my great success.

As to those of you trying to sully my victory with claims of number fudging, I am shocked, shocked I say!

If anyone would like to legitimately challenge my glorious win and estimate how many people really kicked it from the covid, the math involved is not too hard.

Run historical statistical averages for May, for non-violent deaths, state by state, and just assume anything above a standard deviation is stashed roni bodies.

The US government is pretty darn efficient at determining who is dead or not, regardless of what gets put on the certificate.

CleverHans has issued a correction as of 11:46 on Jun 2, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

StormDrain posted:

Any goon recommendations for respirator masks? N95 or kn95 or whatever.

im starting to see 3M half face respirators on Amazon (6000/7000 series)

gotta buy the filters seperate

Alan Smithee has issued a correction as of 13:32 on Jun 2, 2020

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Griefor posted:

Just saw the Last Week Tonight about Voting by Mail. It made me think. It seems republicans are working hard to make all the chuds unafraid of Corona, and force everyone into a massive crowd if they want to vote. I thought Trump might eventually use Corona as an excuse to postpone the election but this might work even better for him.

Look at this guy thinking we're going to have an election at this rate 2020 is going

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the states run elections in the USA

trump can’t order poo poo. well he can try I guess but he’s be ignored

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

the states run elections in the USA

trump can’t order poo poo. well he can try I guess but he’s be ignored

State's have to request help for the insurrection act too and we're about to find out how much that counts.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nephzinho posted:

Lies! They're just too busy with their huge influx of unrelated pneumonia deaths to deal with the covid hoax.

yea tbh they should stop worrying about covid-19 and do something about that, it seems way more serious

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

e: me am dumb wrong thread 3

bro are u good

CleverHans posted:

Many thanks for all the congrats, I would again like to thank our dark lord Satan for all of my great success.

As to those of you trying to sully my victory with claims of number fudging, I am shocked, shocked I say!

If anyone would like to legitimately challenge my glorious win and estimate how many people really kicked it from the covid, the math involved is not too hard.

Run historical statistical averages for May, for non-violent deaths, state by state, and just assume anything above a standard deviation is stashed roni bodies.

The US government is pretty darn efficient at determining who is dead or not, regardless of what gets put on the certificate.

get this man a gangtag for winning the pool

empty whippet box has issued a correction as of 12:16 on Jun 2, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thoguh posted:

State's have to request help for the insurrection act too and we're about to find out how much that counts.

that will be an interesting test

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The Insurrection Act predates the civil war, of course it required states permission, basically everything did pre-civil war, or at least nominally so.

Since the Civil War though a lot of 'states permissions' no longer matter in emergencies.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

ngl glad the cool zone kicked off late enough for me to get good covid habits ingrained because i forget covid is a thing for at least 90% of each day

Same. Other things taking priority. Least everyone has a reason to be masked.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Work sent out an email today about sending people back either the week of 6/15 or 6/29, lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol you can already see the trend in America's daily new cases (and deaths!) ending its downwards slope and flattening out

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol you can already see the trend in America's daily new cases (and deaths!) ending its downwards slope and flattening out

it's like the top of the rollercoaster but, uh, visually opposite

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I still appreciate that it is CleverHans who picked the right number.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

I think Eisenhower used the Insurrection Act to send the 101st Airborne in to force desegregation in Arkansas without the governor's permission. So no, apparently Posse Comitatus means nothing.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Norton the First posted:

I think Eisenhower used the Insurrection Act to send the 101st Airborne in to force desegregation in Arkansas without the governor's permission. So no, apparently Posse Comitatus means nothing.

Kennedy also did it in Mississippi in 62 to quell a riot

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Norton the First posted:

wasn't that act originally put in place to end reconstruction and formalize the reestablishment of brutal white supremacy in former slave states?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Its so insane I'm going back to work tomorrow. I am really having a heard time managing my anxiety about it, I seriously have to just find a way to convince myself it's not that bad here

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Practice coughing now, and do it all day tomorrow. Just cough the whole time, like someone on an airplane.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Munin posted:

I still appreciate that it is CleverHans who picked the right number.

Lol

:master:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Google Butt posted:

Its so insane I'm going back to work tomorrow. I am really having a heard time managing my anxiety about it, I seriously have to just find a way to convince myself it's not that bad here

Do you work with a few coworkers you know or with lots of random people. If you work at a small place it's pretty easy to limit your close(r) interactions to a small number of people at most.

Apr 7, 2003

We're doing a staggered return 6/15 and 6/29 and I work in a giant-rear end building with thousands and thousands of people getting funneled through one set of escalators, lol. rip

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Bip Roberts posted:

Do you work with a few coworkers you know or with lots of random people. If you work at a small place it's pretty easy to limit your close(r) interactions to a small number of people at most.

I'm a computer toucher in a production facility of about 200, so it's not great. I live an early lockdown county with lowish case and death numbers. Everyone in the facility is wearing masks all the time from what I've seen, except for a couple people in IT who have not worn them while at their desks, thus me asking to be put in an office.

I can definitely spend the majority of my days in this office, but I haven't interacted with anyone for two months so it's just hard to accept reality. Our IT area is pretty well isolated from the production staff and is not highly trafficked, but I'm just going to have to try and navigate my closer co-worker and tell them that if they need to talk to me to please wear their fuckin mask, otherwise just slack me gently caress.

Google Butt has issued a correction as of 16:18 on Jun 2, 2020

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Norton the First posted:

The amount of poo poo Ike pulled off with civil rights by virtue of being a military hero to the troops he deployed is kind of wild

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

I discussed this a lot with a friend who works in food production and has been at work the whole time. He and I agreed that in office environment where people come over to talk constantly and a/c going, just wear one of those half or full masks the entire day. In conference rooms, at desk, everywhere. At some point people should get the hint

Hell print out the study of the restaurant and the call center and put them on your door as handouts

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
:toot: The fact that this thread is dead is really loving with my head :toot:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Most $30 hardware guns have +/- accuracy if about 2°F which is fine for plumbing and cooking but not for medicine. There are specific medical infrared thermometers for about $60-80 that are accurate.

But a mouth probe thermometer is like $13, any should do.

have the prices on this stuff gone way up? i've always meant to get one for electronics stuff but i waited too late.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Britt Burns posted:

Give it another two weeks.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1267842214840938496

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/1267679742913851393

e: MSNBC anchor (Brian Williams?) announces that they "have a security team with all our correspondents"

so media outlets recognize that they need private security forces to protect their journalists from the brutal paramilitary state police forces

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

brugroffil posted:

https://twitter.com/gaywonk/status/1267679742913851393

e: MSNBC anchor (Brian Williams?) announces that they "have a security team with all our correspondents"

so media outlets recognize that they need private security forces to protect their journalists from the brutal paramilitary state police forces

:guy blinking meme:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We're doing a staggered return 6/15 and 6/29 and I work in a giant-rear end building with thousands and thousands of people getting funneled through one set of escalators, lol. rip

why !??

that is so dumb

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

why !??

that is so dumb

Not sure why, executives in my division are already back, probably to set an example. I'm one of four developers on my team and my boss is 100% remote and has been for seven years. There's no reason for us to be in the office

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Britt Burns posted:

COVID-19 IS GOING AWAY!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

we can't let the disease be worse than the cure

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Why the gently caress is Chicago reopening tomorrow

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

nashville cases are starting to spike since we reopened last week, 330 since the weekend

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Britt Burns posted:

everyone died of Covid :ghost:

Edit sorry WITH covid

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

everyone we need to accept our early traumatic deaths, look forward to posting from the office with all of you soon while we wait for the sweet embrace of roni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Why the gently caress is Chicago reopening tomorrow

number not go up

number must go up