Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

awooouuu (covid howl)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

oh for fucks sake I have to pay rent tomorrow

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I want to participate in a rent strike so bad but if I get evicted from here it's unlikely I'll ever get an apartment again anytime soon since most have income requirements and credit checks :peanut:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I wish I knew how many ppl in my apartment complex aren't paying rent

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

just go around door to door asking people, say you heard that 1/2 the tenants aren’t paying rent next month and you don’t want to unless other people are, then ask what they’re gonna do??

be the change you want to see in the world

sounds like a good way to get sick tbh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I like the way you think tho

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hello

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

aw 1 and 2 are already taken? drat

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

A friend of a friend is a cop and is going to have to start evicting people like...today. I don't know what to say to my friend about it other than just I wish that it wasn't that way.

wish the cops would refuse to enforce evictions instead of refusing to enforce stay at home orders but hey

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm gonna guess 131269

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

it's only more than 20 times as many people died in 9/11, an event which we have monuments to and have constructed our entire society around for 20 years now. which is absolutely jack poo poo. who cares? 60k people? who gives a gently caress. we need haircuts

lmfao like americans care about your dead relatives when they can't get $9 draft coors lights at applebees. how loving selfish of you to expect them to care about that when they can't have dine in at a nice $15 a plate restaurant with their families who don't want to see them anywhere else

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hahahaha I'm so loving scared

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Frog Act posted:

a lot of people aren’t just sitting at home with a fake wfh job playing video games and baking bread but are dying for $7.25 an hour

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

just a reminder that small business owners are usually human garbage, this guy is also on record being super pissed off his april fishing trip got canceled.

oh now suddenly everyone cares about mental health

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Garbage workers are more heroic than every US troop put together

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Grondoth posted:

I'm so tired of these protests. Getting so worked up over such lovely poo poo, just the raw entitlement of being able to get a service they want. Polls show that like fuckin' no one agrees with them, but due to our state tv a whole bunch of states are doing what they want.

I can't wait until more people die because of it. We're certainly doing a great job at keeping our people safe, being far and away the epicenter of this global pandemic and taking such drastic measures as "loving nothing" and "intercepting shipments of supplies to give them to someone who sells them at a higher price"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I like being at home. everyone should be at home

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Cum
O
V
I
D

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

shovelbum posted:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5206/

Cruise lines all resuming sailing in mid-June thru early-July

lmao anyone stupid enough to go on a cruise is gonna get sick immediately woo

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Der Meister posted:

I have never been filled with more hate than right now this is healthy

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I think my parents went to visit two immunocompromised friends today and I just

:psyduck:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

starting to feel like im the crazy one for caring about my and my family's health and safety

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

well
the fears start coming
and they don't stop coming
and they d

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lmao all it would've taken was a month, maybe two, of strict lock down, testing, contact tracing, travel restrictions, quarantine, rent/debt forgiveness, and utilizing government services to get food and other necessities to people, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

they literally could've coddled these selfish dipshits and treated it like a vacation and given everyone what they needed even if it's hard to deal with your kids and you hate your spouse and your life but nah fam better let 60k people die and god knows how many more

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

excuse me mr president can i have some more money thank u

may you make many deals

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hmmmm

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I had a pants rat, once

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hmmm so I never officially took a leave of absence but I haven't been scheduled for about 5 weeks, which apparently could get my manager in trouble which is lol, but I'm also still employed and they won't fire me, and afaik my manager hasn't tried to reach out to me since the last email that said I couldn't use my sick hours, so, lmao

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

would be nice to get unemployment so my wife can take a LoA in june (when she's supposed to go back) tho and we can stay safe longer

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

holy gently caress it's may already???

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

seattle plague rat posted:

file for expanded unemployment seriously

it probably depends on your state but at least look it up if you havent

theyre just givin it away lotsa places

i looked at the website for WA and you have to put in a few months of previous income and upload a W4 or 1099 and pinky promise you lost work because of it

bernie rlly expanded expanded unemployment

just take taxes out of it 100%

i guess you might be from another country idk

I did file and I'm still waiting on a decision, I got a letter saying I have an appointment coming up and I'll get another letter for the appointment date

I got the letter about taking out taxes and I need to send it back in

:sigh:

even the meager amount I'd get without the extra fed $600 a week would cover our portion of rent completely and we could just rely on savings for a few months

maryland's unemployment is very wonky tho and I applied before they switched to the new system, and a lot of it seems quite different and more tailored towards the covid stuff, and I'm scared that's gonna gently caress it all up bc I had to apply based on regular unemployment info

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what happens at the unemployment appointment? like I assume it's over the phone, so what, am I talking with an unemployment person and my boss or something???

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

seattle plague rat posted:

just tell them you havent worked in 5 weeks and your family is going to starve and if they press you start sobbing

idk but id try that first

if you have pay stubs youre in

I hope so. I have my information and my facts and that's all I can do.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/04/28/md-unemployment-claims-employee-says-its-frustrating-to-work-on-the-other-side-too-as-residents-struggle-to-claim-unemployment/ posted:

“We are facing an unemployment insurance system that is riddled with red-tape,” Suggs said.

He shares the story of one man crying to him on a call.

“A gentleman who tearfully described how he and his wife no longer have money to buy food for their four children. He shared this with me as I explained to him that after filing for six weeks and he finally got someone on the phone that he is ineligible for unemployment based on a technicality,” Suggs said. “By the end of the call, I was in tears as well.”

:smith:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i want the trees to stop ejecting so i dont have half the symptoms constantly

this was a good year to suddenly develop allergies

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Philthy posted:

They really need to send out more stimulus checks until we're back to 5% unemployment.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Good news, chuds are making violent threats about being forced to wear a mask and increasingly the response is to just give in.

https://twitter.com/StwNewsPress/status/1256370089542197248?s=19

terrorists

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The blue angels and thunderbirds just flew over my house wonder how much this dumb bullshit cost lol

I was sleeping and it woke me up :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what kinda simp gives a poo poo about a loud fast airplane lmao

:downsbravo: hehe look at the expensive noisy thing for 6 seconds

grow up