Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
*sniff sniff* ooo yeah *sniff sniff sniff*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

You know, I've been reflecting on stuff today, with all these people going loving outside on Wheeeeee it's so NICE out and I'm TIRED of this shutdown and all that, and reflecting on the chud protests, particularly the Michigan one, and reading posts like these, while also thinking about what I've been hearing about how Wisconsin is likely to extend their shutdown order a second time (from May 24th to June) because our case growth is starting to rise again

And I was also thinking about how this forum, CSPAM I mean, in this thread and the Doomsday Economics thread where we've been trying to figure out the impact of this virus and what might happen to American society because of it. I notice that we in general tend to talk about these things from a leftist perspective, interpret our projections through a leftist lens. I think it was Sheng-ji Yang in particular who kept saying that we're likely to see (and we have already seen) rent strikes, unionization efforts, people realizing that they don't HAVE to accept this bullshit from the government and all. There was talk about how poo poo is really going to go down once this starts impacting the food supply chain in a major way, no society stays stable when they're food-insecure.

But I think we've all, collectively, missed something that's absolutely going to happen before general social unrest. And now having thought of it it seems all but certain that something like this is going to happen: A governor is going to order a second, third, or even fourth extension of their shutdown, and it'll drive some chud who's behind on his truck and alimony payments insane and the chud is going to try to assassinate that governor.

We're already seeing widespread disobedience of the social distancing/shutdown efforts, chuds attacking employees and mask-wearers, armed protests, and we've barely even begun the eighth week of the shutdown. The people who want this opened up are going to become angrier and even angrier as this goes on, and they're going to plunge deeper and deeper into their culture war. The first time Gov. Bluesuit shuts down the state? Sure, whatever. The first extension? Liberal lies and hoaxes! The second? Third? Fourth extension of the shutdown? One, or more, of these people are going to start to decide, in actuality, not just rhetorically, that Gov. Bluesuit is an active enemy of the people and is actively causing them to fail to be able to make their monthly financial obligations because they can't work because of the shutdown.

I think we're a lot closer to that happening than most people are acknowledging.

I've been rewatching the protests going back to 4.20 and this seems like the natural progression of events

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

oh wow i missed 4/20

lol

bout to toke rn

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

BeefThief posted:

didn't high profile figures used to get assassinated a lot more regularly? Obviously hope this doesn't happen, and that the virus just disappears one day like a miracle, but the terrorist chuds at these protests actually have me kind of concerned for the mostly-competent republican leadership in my great state of Ohio. The chuds are PISSED about haircuts and applebees being out of their reach.

not sure really, but I've been watching an Adam Curtis documentary about mob mentality vs elite control throughout the 20th century, and this feels like all of the worst nightmares of anti-democracy elites culminating at once

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The nice part about being elite is even your nightmares tend to work out for you in the end

The central figure in the first episode is Edward Bernays, who lived to be 103 lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-npoz1SgRQ

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Inceltown posted:

It's Logan for my Aussie comrades

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

i am the cocaine

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Pattinson is just trying to be the new Depp. it’s all fake

Pattinson is good imo, iirc Andrew Garfield had a feud with him for not being pretentious about acting

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

there was a similar Texas video to this from like four years ago when a Chick-fil-A opened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

In all complete seriousness, why not reopen schools. The govt isn't doing poo poo and at some point one place of mass gathering is going to reopen, whether it be sports, school, churches, concerts or whatever else. And I'd rather have schools reopen than the others since they're more important

My 4 year olds pediatrician yesterday said she was worried about lack of socialization for kids right now and would rather they play than not

it would be great to have kids go out and play and socialize, but unfortunately boomer grandparents have no respect for social distancing and it sucks