Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It gets thousands of posts per day?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Frog Act posted:

has anyone else not gotten their stimulus? it keeps saying I'm eligible, it will be updated with a date, etc, then once it said i wasn't eligible, then it went right back to saying they'd have a date soon. am I just not gonna get a stimulus? i never got my tax return from 2018 either so right now the government owes me $2000 and I feel like I will probably never see a dime of it

My insurance company gave me $50 over night

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ebola Roulette posted:

Just had a thought: hurricane season is coming. Are chuds going to protest evacuation? They're essentially being forced from their homes, right? Are they going to hold up "give me liberty and death" signs?

Florida's response as well as the other southeast chud states combined with potential mass evacuations uh hoo boy hurricane season is going to be a doozy :suspense:

I've been saying since like Febuary that natural disasters are going to get real wild because of the 'rona.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Samsquamsch posted:

Lmao I just found out my state is reopening restaurants on Monday with no limit on capacity, just a 6 foot distance between tables. Not that I was going to eat out for the next year anyway, but goddamn.

:lol: I'm looking forward to Ohio doing that sometime in the next month

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Boomer at work told me he has a haircut scheduled for the 15th of May

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

C-Euro posted:

I had my wife buzz my hair last night after going 10 weeks between haircuts.

I got my clippers over a decade ago and they've low-key been one of my best purchases in that time frame.

I buzzed mine yesterday, that's how the subject came up.

I like to get it done professionally because I'm terrible at it and always miss spots.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

wilderthanmild posted:

I usually shave my head a couple times a week. I've been growing it out all quarantine to prove to my wife that my bald pattern won't just "grow in" if I give it enough time.

:lol: I was planning to get mine cut on the weekend of March 13th, so I would look good when I got my picture with Candyman next weekend. None of that happened

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Burn Zone posted:

if you haven't gotten the memo yet

:lol: why are they lumping firemen in with cops and cannon fodder?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shovelbum posted:

its like a kid but instead of turning 18 and moving away to live a happy and successful life, it dies

Kids don't curl up in your lap and purr on cold winter afternoons

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Pussy Boss posted:

400,000 dead by the end of may

That's pretty grimdark

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Often Abbreviated posted:

So like 1/3rd of the deaths in the US are in NYC alone. Presumably it got started and was spreading in NYC weeks before anywhere else. So the high number of deaths there I'm guessing is just that city being further along the curve. Meanwhile the rest of the country is only just now catching up and getting to the point where it's nicely scattered throughout the general population, ready to explode everywhere if you give it half a chance, and they're opening everything up for business because it was all a Chinese hoax? Is that right?

:yeah: it rules

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Al-Saqr posted:

Garbage workers are more heroic than every US troop put together

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

snoo posted:

I like being at home. everyone should be at home

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Blister posted:

lol going back to a gym anytime in may, you're going to 100% have like 6 guys with covid symptoms on day 1 saying they needed to get their workout in no matter what.

Just :lol: if you think my goon rear end is doing anything social before Halloween.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:911:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Squizzle posted:

didnt the state party threaten dewines daughters political career if he refused to sacrifice blood to number

Yes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just changed my notification sound to the title card drop from The Last Man On Earth

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

2DCAT posted:

Big, beautiful titties

:hai:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flesh Forge posted:

I have a theory, and that is that Trupm/Popmeo are really stupid

hosed up if true

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
One thing that I noticed this weekend was the fact that boomers are still out there drinking their Starbucks at the grocery store, walking side by side with their counterparts, effectively blocking the aisles.

You see me coming you old gently caress, move so I can get past your decrepit asses and grab a jar of vodka sauce.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BrownianMotion posted:

what i've noticed here in WA is the more republican the area the grocery store is in the less people give a gently caress

Bham, college city (young people) - everyone wearing masks and they all stop, pause, and doing a little looksie at your eyes and a little nod to figure out who is going wear
Everett, industry city (young/middle-aged) - mixed on masks but people will still kinda play some floor-is-lava dodging and attempt to keep space
Snohomish, historic touristy/antique town (lot of old people) - people just walk right up to you in line like 1ft behind without masks and the cashiers dont give a poo poo either they arent wearing masks and if you give them a lil look like "hey... uhh, you sure about that?" you can see some visible disdain as though this is all imaginary as they begrudgingly back up

Yeah, my cashier this week was a boomer, her and the boomer in front of me were having a good laugh about how it's 2 months in and now the cashier is required to wear a mask, as if it was all an overblown joke.

This poo poo really needs to work harder at culling the boomers.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What's really weird is the number of people who give me a side eye for wearing my face shield.

I can safely say I've never seen anyone else wear one, and maybe it's a little overkil, but it keeps me from touching my goddamned face out in public.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

moist turtleneck posted:

Also what exactly did trump shut down

They keep acting like father trump shut down the states to protect everyone

Immigration, and flights from China.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

moist turtleneck posted:

That's what I thought but they keep using that phrase shut down the economy

Like yes immigration is economy but they always act like trump has some giant lever

There was no federal anything, it was all state and local action. Not to mention I'm sure at least a handful of business closed on their own accord because someone hasn't become a complete capitalist monster yet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

when I people watch from my porch and silently judge who is wearing a mask and who are not it's not the white folk wearing a mask generally, it's the black families and the families from India. Some Indian families have been wearing them since February, even my chaat and sweet shop lady was wearing a mask the last time we went in February... drat, I want candy now :(

In my apartment I see no one wearing PPE. WE have a bunch of indian familes with kids all around 8-10 years old, and they're all playing together. I see groups of obviously unrelated women all practically holding hands as they stroll around the parking lot. The mothers will just chitchat on the stair case like nothing is happening.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol i hate "great reviews" trump

Rotten Tomatoes isn't a great review site TBH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

The corporate media is addicted to outliers and human interest stories to keep you distracted. All throughout March they kept on running pieces about miracle recoveries from taking plaquenil while ignoring entire ICU wards of patients where the drug didn't work.

Every drat time the local news here reports on infections and deaths, it's about 15 seconds, followed by a good minute of "but here's the good news, look at how many people have recovered," which is then followed by something else distracting.

In a way I sorta miss that palpable tension of the first week, because at least then it felt like people were taking it somewhat seriously.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ChristsDickWorship posted:

the entire entertainment business shut itself down within 24hrs of the nba deciding to do it. that was march 12th a week before california or new york. entertainment is how i pay my bills so i'm probably biased, but in my drug-addled headcanon the nba was our most effective federal crisis response team

Basically.

What I'm looking forward to is in a month or two when the entertainment industry runs out of what they have in the can, especially since this was an Olympic year and no one really counter programs for that.

We're going to have a dead summer for entertainment and it's going to make the boomers loose their poo poo.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Why’s the news only ever report sad stuff

You never hear about local problems, but you can damned well be sure that you hear about it when a cop dies in Bumblefuck, LA, it's loving national news.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Feldegast42 posted:

Its mind boggling that in the age of streaming people are going to go nuts if the next series of marvel movies aren't coming out

Like I have literal decades worth of stuff I can watch just on Netflix

How much of it on Netflix is worth watching though?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

thinking about that iowa rally where Trump said he loved stupid people and they cheered for that lol

That's because TRIMO was talking about those other stupid people

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Yeah, and add this to the list of things people now believe "help"

My work uses one of these:

Taken from the test department. It's not exactly designed for taking human body temperatures, so it tends to get readings of 69-92 :newlol:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Today's episode of Dr. Oz is just having people talk about their hallucinations because of COVID-19

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

are we hitting 70k today

:yeah: IT rules!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

going to the liquor store is dumb as hell too

How do you propose I get my liquor, huh smart guy?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

mine is pretty pissed I caught him learning math

Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlq-0Il6OY

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bearjew posted:

Children of Men was a documentary

I"m still leaning on Soylent Green being a documentary

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dustcat posted:

now i'm no market analyst but it seems like a burger chain taking burgers off the menu could have a negative effect on their revenue

Wendy's home of the spicy chic sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zberan Madowinty posted:

So the wife and I are both outta jobs because lol - we're fortunately one of the very few millenials that have a good chunk of savings, and we should be able to last 2 months or so.

And I still get up at 6. She sleeps until noon. Not gonna lie, having to walk around on eggshells and not be able to make breakfast for fear of waking her up is starting to get to me.

My roommate has this habit of not having a schedule. I recommend getting a set of wireless headphones for your TV, that way not only can you quietly watch TV, but you can still listen to it when you're taking a poo poo.