Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
100% death rate for covid-19 threads so far. seems bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

my official guess is 169,420 dead in the united states on May 31st

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
technically re opening won't cause a second peak, because the first peak never ended. which means the liberals were wrong, and we should O P E N ' E R UP

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

gently caress man I just had a harrowing thought, what if the fuckin ninja turtles got the virus

they're turtles they can't get it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
really disappointed in the low number predictions you goons are throwing up itt. 60k dead in may, that's it? loving pathetic.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Current guesses:

If anyone knows any Smart Epidemiologists with predictions for May 31st please let me know

well now I feel like I lost because I am not at the top or bottom

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lordshmee posted:

Put me down for 180k by the end of May.

God I wish weed was legal where I live. I am drinking entirely too much these days but I sure as hell ain’t gonna spend more time sober than I have to.

gently caress da police

Terrifying Effigies posted:

142,069 but only because the South is just going to stop counting.

I'm surprised Mississippi has admitted that coronavirus exists at all. we don't even admit science is real here

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/MacKinnRuth/status/1255900922305224705

im trying to find a downside to this and am struggling

boy this is a quote that will age well throughout may, june, and july in particular

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

snoo posted:

I wish I knew how many ppl in my apartment complex aren't paying rent

im not paying rent

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

motedek posted:

looking good folks

so new york is trending back up?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

texas vs florida death match

look at the maps of urban density, the atlantic and gulf coastlines of florida are basically giant cities

this is texas

wow lucky thing for these high population areas in states that are opening back up tomorrow that coronavirus has disappeared like a miracle

mastershakeman posted:

I think worst case is basically that most states didn't really get it yet, so the 3 week clock to mass death doesn't start till Saturday. Weekend of big spread, then another big weekend of spread, but deaths don't seem bad when all the govs in states with may 15th orders give up and open up too since everything seems fine down south

Then kaboom, incubation periods in Georgia and Texas and Iowa end just before memorial day , deaths skyrocket but not in time for people everywhere to notice and cancel their party plans

Frankly the only hope for Chicago/Illinois is a lot of deaths early in those states and the media going full bore about it

we will continue at ~2k deaths per day until about 3 weeks from now when we will accelerate to somewhere between 2.8k-4k deaths per day which we will stay at until it starts to slow down about 10 days after every state locks down again but harder this time, unless we just stay open, which case it will accelerate until about 10k deaths per day

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sab0921 posted:

Live in Houston - here is to hoping heat and humidity inhibit the spread of the virus.

Prob doesn't help in A/C though so we're hosed.

it doesn't inhibit the spread of the virus so you can stop hoping for that right this very second if it'd help. continue pretending it does if that helps though.

Antonymous posted:

it's insane that we closed when like 100,000 were sick for fear of spread and now that it's about a million sick we think its time to open, america is insane

it makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that our government is controlled by russian assets who are being used to cause as much death and economic destruction as is possible

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just posting this here for some feel goods,

my nephew's dog - he is six years old - went missing(they found her) but in the meantime he made these posters and put them up around the neighborhood(inside the neighbor'shouse and on a couple light poles within 50 yards of the house)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

A friend of a friend is a cop and is going to have to start evicting people like...today. I don't know what to say to my friend about it other than just I wish that it wasn't that way.

why the gently caress do you associate with cops you loving fascist bootlicker

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's only more than 20 times as many people died in 9/11, an event which we have monuments to and have constructed our entire society around for 20 years now. which is absolutely jack poo poo. who cares? 60k people? who gives a gently caress. we need haircuts

lmfao like americans care about your dead relatives when they can't get $9 draft coors lights at applebees. how loving selfish of you to expect them to care about that when they can't have dine in at a nice $15 a plate restaurant with their families who don't want to see them anywhere else

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Siljmonster posted:

You never been to an Applebee's lol

why the gently caress would i go to applebees

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The median guess is, once again, 169420.

i really do think it's a reasonable guess

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ryanrs posted:

Not to mention all the liquor and weed.

Quarantine has been super fun for me personally.

all i do is make buttons, get hosed up, cook food and play fortnite it rules

pandemic every year imo

e: oh and I have more money than I have had at one time in many years, also because of the coronavirus.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
applebees in the trap, be-be-bees in the trap

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

30829 new cases and 2201 new deaths yesterday

open it up.

don't worry, it will be less for the next few days, which has N O T H I N G to do with it being the weekend and is actually because we opened 'er up

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Charun posted:

also, holy poo poo, i didn't know this thread had that many posters in it

i thought it was mostly my white noise posting tbh

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmmm one of the biggest employers in my town is a chicken processing plant

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can't wait to hear how many states, cities, counties had their highest new case/death totals per day today, the same day they opened 'er back up

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is like 1000 higher than worldometer?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dads friend steve posted:

very cool, my friend and her husband both tested positive for covid this morning. and their 5 month old has a cough. gently caress

if my wife wound up dying because of covid I don't think I can guarantee I wouldn't snap and become an actual terrorist

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

im guessing this means republicans have a bunch of tests for them that they're hiding and using only for themselves while doing everything possible to make sure all dems don't have access to testing and are forced to shake hands with rand paul four times a day

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I think we're probably way past 100,000 dead from covid already

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This metric doesn't work for states like ours who have never had more than 300 new cases in one day, except, you know, yesterday, of course. Which we can safely ignore, because it's the most recent figure, and therefore does not count

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

Didn't the April doubling times get significantly longer than March

our testing capacity just stopped expanding, so we 'hit a pleateau'

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rhesus Pieces posted:

A week ago I went on a run on my usual trail and about 80% of people were wearing some sort of mask

I went to the same trail yesterday and it was down to about 30%

people got bored of this covid poo poo and moved on

understandable. it's boring, and also completely over. all this nonsense won't happen to them, they are invincible. it can't happen here. duh

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this guy looks a lot like a guy i know from my undergrad who gave a girl a research chemical and she died he wound up getting a bunch of community service after being charged with murder 2 and then less than two years later was marketing himself as a "life coach"

he has a little line tattoo of a fedora on his hand and calls himself 'hats' and tries to get other people to call him 'hats' (they don't)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lambert posted:

Even weekend numbers are way past that, and regular weekdays are past 2000/day

Luv to move the goalposts but not far enough that my opponent didn't already score a touchdown

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow, reopening instantly lowered death toll numbers for saturday and sunday! if we reopened ALL THE WAY i bet deaths would drop to zero!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Milosh posted:

My dad asked me today if I personally knew anyone that had Covid? So that’s probably the new right wing talking point.

a shitload of people I know have had it, I don't understand how this talking point is surviving.

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

wuhan was closed for 80 days, Americans just lack the self control and discipline to sacrifice for the greater good in any situation. Nobody's asking you to pick up a rifle and risk your life, people are asking you to stay home to save your life.

Not to mention the 2+ million people that the country keeps cloistered for all 4 seasons, sometimes for life behind bars. A shelter in place order is truly a human rights violation

no, human rights violations are fine if someone committed literally any crime of any kind at all whatsoever, if they didn't want to be brutally murdered or killed by a terrible disease inside our poorly maintained prisons with hellish conditions, they shouldn't have stolen a loaf of bread. just follow the law. it's that simple

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

If roni deaths drop off every weekend we could cure roni in no time by making every day a weekend.

i suspect their favorite thing about may 1st as a reopen date is that it was a friday so then daily deaths will appear to drop and people will continue becoming convinced that it's over, because americans really truly are that stupid

lol we have already lost more people than this. we are well above 100k, it's just lovely counting. but chuds are going around claiming the opposite, that they're overcounting.

it's ok, we will breeze past those numbers in literally one week anyway.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

what should make you think is, what number do you think he was actually told

I don't think they're even bothering to tell trump the real numbers, if they know them, and if they did, he would just say he didn't believe them and go on the news and say whatever he thought would make him look good

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

here in america the bad guy is walking down a line of main characters shooting each one between the eyes, and the ones further down the line are celebrating and congratulating each other on having survived

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

isnt all this stuff kind of overstating how dangerous this disease is, like tons of people are reading this, it doesnt line up with reality, and theyre thinking JUST THE FLU now if they werent before

so should we just pretend these things aren't happening because ... uh....some people might...be dumb?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

yeah but the thing they hammer again and again with all these gross-out stories is that its like somehow a brutal spanish flu scything its way thru the prime working age ppl and then the numbers like obviously dont bear that out at all

i really don't understand what point you're making here, you think we shouldn't say that something happened if it's not the most common thing that happened because people might decide that it's not dangerous because...reasons...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

amazingly high new cases # considering the number of new deaths but I assume that's 100% just the weekend reporting lag which apparently only effects deaths and not new cases