Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mystes posted:

I've been going to a trail a couple times a week but it's a trail that doesn't normally get that much traffic, it's pretty wide, and I've been sticking to early morning on days that aren't the nicest. Even still I feel like I'm probably going to have to stop now that it's getting warmer here.

One time I went a little bit later in the day on a weekend and it was insane. There were all these groups of people spread out across the trail so it was impossible to safely pass them.

on my way back from the store the other day i thought i'd walk by lake merritt on the way home so i could look at the birbs

but then i remembered its a saturday and everyone has quarantine fatigue and thinks they're special, and then i remembered how there were already way too many people out and about with no masks a week or two ago, when people were taking things more seriously. so i decided i probably shouldn't walk through a park lol :sad:

and sure enough when i passed by the park/lake, it was fuckin packed with people walking around and jogging, having picnics, kids playing together, etc. Like, heat wave holiday levels of busy. Probably 25% of people had masks

I was on the bus, which now requires masks to ride, and has the front doors/seats blocked off to isolate the driver. At one point we stopped to pick up two people who had masks...that were down around their necks, because they were eating chips and drinking sodas. Then they got on the fuckin bus with the big WEAR A loving MASK IDIOT signs on it, with their masks still off, while continuing to ram chips into their faces. The bus driver nicely told them to put their masks on and one of them got hella mad, like that was an unreasonable request and how dare u tell him what to do. Then he put the mask on

and this is still a better response than in the chudlands lmao :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lolie posted:

Having seen how people in NSW behaved on the weekend after some minor changes to the restrictions, I hope Victoria holds out as long as possible.

I'm looking forward to everyone in NSW dying. We deserve worse but beggars can't be choosers.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Probably true but grad students would be able to singlehandedly stop the school from reopening in many places

You overestimate the will power of most grad students and their organizations

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Dude has got to be pissing just non-stop and his kidneys are probably hosed if this is accurate

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

It owns how this thing only shows effects after like a week and everyone's brain works like the stockmarket so they can't process things that will happen in the future lmao

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Not really, NYC data:

Here's MA

really can't stress enough how hosed the nursing / long-term care communities were here

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rah! posted:

on my way back from the store the other day i thought i'd walk by lake merritt on the way home so i could look at the birbs

but then i remembered its a saturday and everyone has quarantine fatigue and thinks they're special, and then i remembered how there were already way too many people out and about with no masks a week or two ago, when people were taking things more seriously. so i decided i probably shouldn't walk through a park lol :sad:

and sure enough when i passed by the park/lake, it was fuckin packed with people walking around and jogging, having picnics, kids playing together, etc. Like, heat wave holiday levels of busy. Probably 25% of people had masks

I was on the bus, which now requires masks to ride, and has the front doors/seats blocked off to isolate the driver. At one point we stopped to pick up two people who had masks...that were down around their necks, because they were eating chips and drinking sodas. Then they got on the fuckin bus with the big WEAR A loving MASK IDIOT signs on it, with their masks still off, while continuing to ram chips into their faces. The bus driver nicely told them to put their masks on and one of them got hella mad, like that was an unreasonable request and how dare u tell him what to do. Then he put the mask on

and this is still a better response than in the chudlands lmao :rip:

american exceptionalism was right we are uniquely stupid

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

JFC

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

shovelbum posted:

american exceptionalism was right we are uniquely stupid

:911:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1257074848007884800

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

shovelbum posted:

So what's with all the hysterical coverage of exactly how people die when it's clear to anyone with a brain that 25 year olds arent falling over dead with their blood on fire, doesnt this do the opposite of the intention and just make people think its all BS bc if it was that bad theyd see it

Are you implying that older people are trying to scare the young into into doing something only to have their plans thwarted by the rude teens doing to opposite???

Surely not.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Lolie posted:

Having seen how people in NSW behaved on the weekend after some minor changes to the restrictions, I hope Victoria holds out as long as possible.

I'm confident we will. Daniel Andrews' position the whole time has been "public safety number one", and as far as I can tell it seems like people are generally supportive of that. He's also told Morrison to get hosed over school closures (by bringing school holidays forward) and private school reopenings, so I think so far it looks good in Vic. That said I'm sure the feds will make things as difficult as possible, e.g. loving with Job Keeper, so we'll see how that goes.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

The Last Dance

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao who are u gonna show off ur new shoes to, and where?

skeletons at the skeleton convention? lmao

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Here's MA

really can't stress enough how hosed the nursing / long-term care communities were here

Someone in I think the first thread posted that covid would be the angel of death cutting through skilled nursing facilities, and that has stuck with me as an extremely grim and accurate claim.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/1257054899134623744

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Sedisp posted:

Are you implying that older people are trying to scare the young into into doing something only to have their plans thwarted by the rude teens doing to opposite???

Surely not.

i mean, this isn't the way it's been, though. the average age at the open-up protests isn't exactly 25

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Rah! posted:

lmao who are u gonna show off ur new shoes to, and where?

skeletons at the skeleton convention? lmao

Gotta make sure your Nikes are in the camera frame for the zoom funeral

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Someone in I think the first thread posted that covid would be the angel of death cutting through skilled nursing facilities, and that has stuck with me as an extremely grim and accurate claim.

Yeah they're all getting pretty hosed in MD

pretty pretty pretty pretty hosed

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Gotta make sure your Nikes are in the camera frame for the zoom funeral

just use photoshop lmao

save the money for more fish tank cleaner

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

:wtc:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol at covid killing the nra just in time for an even more insane version spearheaded by the chud militias to take its place

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

The clinical writeup is leukoerythroblastic blood replacing the good blood that you need plus a decrease in white blood cell count.

drat what a bomb rear end name for something that will physically wreck your blood's poo poo

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol at covid killing the nra just in time for an even more insane version spearheaded by the chud militias to take its place

how is that any different

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Here's MA

i think thats whats going on in canada too.

most of the deaths are coming from nursing homes and nurses working at multiple locations or something

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

i mean, this isn't the way it's been, though. the average age at the open-up protests isn't exactly 25

If you think 18 - 25 year olds have been taking this seriously I have some real bad news about the spring break turnout.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's MA

WHY is the 0 the same size as the 1 column next to it is there a 0.5 Death in the data.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I believe a lot of the weird poo poo roni does isn’t really related to the virus but more so immune system going nuts and that’s not something I think we study nearly as hard so it’s a lot of “woah why da gently caress is this happening” and then you basically need to find ways to calm down someone’s immune system as opposed to pumping Gilead stock but that’s not very capitalist of us

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

You overestimate the will power of most grad students and their organizations

I don't think I am but we will find out. 50 percent participation in a grad student strike would shut down major universities (for a semester at least, which is the timeframe in question).

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

how is that any different

the NRA is rich white grifters that want the status quo, not armed conflict

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Agrajag posted:

i think thats whats going on in canada too.

most of the deaths are coming from nursing homes and nurses working at multiple locations or something

Everyone who says open up and quarantine the elderly and vulnerable has no idea how anything works.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Crazyweasel posted:

I believe a lot of the weird poo poo roni does isn’t really related to the virus but more so immune system going nuts and that’s not something I think we study nearly as hard so it’s a lot of “woah why da gently caress is this happening” and then you basically need to find ways to calm down someone’s immune system as opposed to pumping Gilead stock but that’s not very capitalist of us

Friendship ended with Gilead, now Regeneron is my best friend.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

In Training posted:

WHY is the 0 the same size as the 1 column next to it is there a 0.5 Death in the data.

there's been 2 deaths for roughly 1 million people in that 20-29 group, so it's actually 0.2 per 100000

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

spaceblancmange posted:

Everyone who says open up and quarantine the elderly and vulnerable has no idea how anything works.

strange how the elderly and vulnerable can't just keep to themselves in total self-sufficiency. stupid care workers have to come in and gently caress everything up!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm literally teabagging the temporarily stunned COVID-19 right now, atm

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1257097364189347841

quote:

Trump said Sunday that he wasn't worried about ethics of having people tested with a vaccine as part of an expedited trial process.
"No, because they're volunteers. They know what they're getting into. They're in many cases very good people. They want to help the process. Look, a vaccine has never gone like it's gone now," Trump told Fox anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

13,000 tests were conducted to find those 22 cases in Victoria. 19 were linked to the meat works, 2 from returned travellers, 1 is still under investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

drat what a bomb rear end name for something that will physically wreck your blood's poo poo

Covid19 is really good at coming up with Final Fantasy attack names.

Ie Cytokine storm