Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idempodunk
May 12, 2001
Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

Christo, the artist known for draping buildings and making other giant art installations, died today.

This bummed me out. I've followed his work for a while and traveled to see his Floating Piers and London Mastaba installations in person. He had been slowly inching forward on a project over a slice of the Colorado River that he walked away from in protest of this administration. It looks like his last installation - wrapping the Arc de Triomphe - will still take place later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
MSNBC reporting CAT team are on the roof of the white house with snipers holy lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Eej posted:

By and large the protests are at their core peaceful. They're not expecting to walk into raining tear gas and walls of rubber flying at them. I'm sure if the organizers planned to become more confrontational they would suit up but even right now there's a lot of black protesters arguing with antifa-wannabe turds to stop trying to escalate.

have the police considered maybe not attacking protestors

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I don't think it is out of the question that Trump bails on being President and flees depending how this goes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waroduce posted:

MSNBC reporting CAT team are on the roof of the white house with snipers holy lol

Those guys show up for the Halloween kids thing at the White House every year too.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Waroduce posted:

Protocols may have changed since I lived in DC two decades ago, but I dont think that's terribly unusual.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

have the police considered maybe not attacking protestors

No, absolutely not:
https://twitter.com/lynnellmick/status/1266489791018721280

(read thread)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

maffew buildings posted:

I don't think it is out of the question that Trump bails on being President and flees depending how this goes.

He'd sooner turn the world to ash than ~damage his brand~.

As it stands, even assuming he DOES lose in November, and assuming he DOES say he'll leave, he'll still have 2 1/2 months to govern by fiat and do as much damage as he can, gutting the country like one of his failed hotels before foreclosure.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

CAT teams?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Counter Assault Team.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

stealie72 posted:

Protocols may have changed since I lived in DC two decades ago, but I dont think that's terribly unusual.

Yeah, it's a regularish thing. When I still lived downtown you could see them farting around on the roof like 2-3 days a week.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i wonder what the ROE's are for the SS (lol) and the rest of the security detail if the protesters somehow break the WH

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That's a good thread and it's been apparent from the beginning that Minneapolis kicked off with a police riot which escalated things nationwide.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Waroduce posted:

i wonder what the ROE's are for the SS (lol) and the rest of the security detail if the protesters somehow break the WH

Oh if you step one foot on that lawn they light you up like a joint.

SMOOOOOOOOOOOKE

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Kill them all and let god sort them out

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Eej posted:

but even right now there's a lot of black protesters arguing with antifa-wannabe turds to stop trying to escalate.

Again, putting provocateurs or looters under some nebulous umbrella of "antifa" is a made up right wing narrative, and we reaaally should stop propagating that poo poo.

E) that thread from the dentist is a really good concise explanation of what's going on with the police in the city right now, jfc th's messed up.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 1, 2020

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/MNNationalGuard/status/1267139353597411330

:thunk:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Read the room, random Lieutenant PAO

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/05/31/george-floyd-protest-agitators-mostly-homegrown-not-outsiders/5300362002/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waroduce posted:

They’ll shoot until they’re out of ammunition.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

"Therefore, all tracked vehicles you see will belong to ANTIFA, or possibly COBRA."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just had a breakdown because the country I swore to defend called me a terrorist because I thought hating fascism was good and what we stood for.

I am in shock because the boy scout in me has been stomped on for decades.

I'm saddened because I know I'm guilty to all parties. I was a soldier. I am brown. I am liberal.

I believe we all have the right to live.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Our people are buying it too. I'm getting texts from family to warm me of a fake rear end post threatening to loot my side of town.

I'm now hearing all the pickups and bikes blasting around.

I'm trying to pretend that tomorrow just trash day, make sure to put the cans out tonight.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

Our people are buying it too. I'm getting texts from family to warm me of a fake rear end post threatening to loot my side of town.

I'm now hearing all the pickups and bikes blasting around.

I'm trying to pretend that tomorrow just trash day, make sure to put the cans out tonight.

If it makes you feel better, northtown where I live is super calm. Even fewer dipshits driving their desert bikes at full speed or rat rods through the neighborhoods than during the lockdown.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I took protest pictures today:

I believe this is Kyle Korver of the Milwaukee Bucks.

I'm lovin' it.

A whole lot more photos here: https://imgur.com/gallery/8FrNWVY

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Also boston tea party lol. These people are willingly disingenuous

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Good stuff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maffew buildings posted:

Do-over with Pence?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

There are fires everywhere in DC tonight.

https://twitter.com/palermo4/status/1267291343153291270?s=20

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Robert Evans of behind the bastards live in Portland

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1LyxBNWoZMrxN

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Again, putting provocateurs or looters under some nebulous umbrella of "antifa" is a made up right wing narrative, and we reaaally should stop propagating that poo poo.

E) that thread from the dentist is a really good concise explanation of what's going on with the police in the city right now, jfc th's messed up.

Ahh whatever you wanna call em then

https://twitter.com/benFranklin2018/status/1267257550619267072

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah it looks like every trash can on the streams I saw was on fire.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

That idiot was "saboteur"-ing 20 feet from a riot shield line without a care in the world. If it walks like a cop and property damages like a cop...

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
https://twitter.com/MrEricAngelo/status/1267295971664371712?s=20

It's real and strong now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

idempodunk posted:

This bummed me out. I've followed his work for a while and traveled to see his Floating Piers and London Mastaba installations in person. He had been slowly inching forward on a project over a slice of the Colorado River that he walked away from in protest of this administration. It looks like his last installation - wrapping the Arc de Triomphe - will still take place later this year.

I was never a superfan but I would always check out his work if I was in the neighborhood or follow it with pictures if it was something too far away.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Holy poo poo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

According to the uspol thread that was actually a bathroom or something

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:stare:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Holy hell.

They can’t start shooting or this whole goddamn train is gonna explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If it does it's gonna make the troubles look tame I'm afraid