Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

The Lanyards must be voted out from below, every single one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Doc Hawkins posted:

wow can we please tone down the guillotine jokes

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?s=20

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Biden will competently keep everything the way it was in January 2021, and it will be lovely

Trump can’t even competently pick out evil henchmen to do bad things

In one future you have a functioning government functionally making terrible policy, in the other you have no functional federal system.

Do you prefer drowning or burning?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I find it hard to believe anybody would write up a legal contract for assassination. I find it equally dumb that two idiots from texas would think to get that in writing.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Both the going through with it after being exposed and the "having an absurd $200M contract from Juan Guaido" have me definitely suspecting that this was actually just Maduro hiring inept morons to give him the reason to execute a bunch of dissidents.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The point of opinion articles is so we can make fun of the bad opinions.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://www.wric.com/health/coronavirus/2-mcdonalds-employees-shot-after-telling-customers-dining-room-was-closed-police-say/

2 McDonalds employees were shot and another injured when they refused entry to disgruntled idiots in Oklahoma. I hate people so much. Luckily nobody was killed

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/neIIychillin/status/1266583265441349634?s=19

"Deescalate on his dick"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

C.M. Kruger posted:

From a talk Bernard Fall gave in 1963 ("Counterinsurgency: The French Experience"), during the Q&A session somebody asked about torture and he talked about it for a bit and then said this:

Prescient echos of the forever war.

Related but I think "The Battle of Algiers" is old enough to be available for free

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Fallom posted:

that wasn't just any sword, the gladius is insanely popular with white supremacists

this video shows it:

link

Dude is insanely lucky he survived, he was out cold.

Chances he'll get charged for trying to murder someone with a gladius? Not a lot of expectation there.

EDIT: Also the series of videos above is a severe trigger warning of a man almost being beaten to death so i'm pretty numb to this and it kinda affected me

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Internet Wizard posted:

Even so it's usually a matter of adding or removing some solder between a lead or two to modify a commercial radio to broadcast on non-compliant bands. We did it to a bunch of different brands and models for adversary equipment for training

This. A UV-5R is still $20 on Amazon and easily modifiable to be anything.

Nobody sells off the shelf encrypted radios equivalent to those though, which sucks.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Well that's okay. I didn't really need to get gassed today anyhow.

There's always tomorrow, and poo poo is getting rowdier by the day.

If it's going on here monday I might just wander down there to smoke a fat joint while yelling at pigs in public.

E: now that I think about it, I was probably hearing gas and poo poo go off earlier when I thought it was just assholes with fireworks. Still hearing the occasional shot.

Blaze it, report back on the medical effects of mixing weed and CS

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

pmchem posted:

well, that seems to be what most of c-spam and the internet want to happen at this point

If you aren’t being sarcastic then you must be an idiot oblivious to what people are actually saying

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

That idiot was "saboteur"-ing 20 feet from a riot shield line without a care in the world. If it walks like a cop and property damages like a cop...