Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You'd win that one. Spicy was the first trump press secretary.

Don't forget the mooch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/4/21246378/carnival-cruises-resume-date-trips-city-ports-cancellation-offers

quote:

Carnival has announced that it will resume some of its cruises on August 1st. Trips will resume on eight ships leaving from Miami and Port Canaveral, Florida, and Galveston, Texas, according to Reuters.

All other cruises in North America and Australia will remain suspended through at least August 31st, Carnival said. Customers who had booked cruises that are impacted by cancellation will receive an email with instructions for how to claim a refund or other “cancellation offers.” Carnival typically offers the option of full refunds or future cruise credit for canceled trips.

They're gonna go bankrupt so soon

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Haha one of the protestors has an SAS tattoo. But this is great, the crackping is coming on hard

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Isn't 2000ft like, really low? They'll be just above the Freedom Tower, will probably trigger some responders' PTSD

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/baraGodzilla/status/1258682943716782080

There is an absolute zero percent chance anyone who hasn’t already seem this will guess the reveal.

I was 100% expecting it to be an Exxon or Raytheon–"our products kill people but at least we hire women now"
But capitalism is the ultimate evil so there's that I guess

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Woofer posted:

Cant believe native Americans are being such babies about a virus that is killing a bunch of people.

Smallpox? Just like a flu bro

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

not caring here posted:

When I got mine here, I passed my 20/25 minimum written standard (they stopped testing me after 20 right answers in a row), and did a driving test that was so farcical I might as well have just gotten my license out of a cereal box.

Korean dump truck usually carrying about 80 tonnes of rock or gravel that does about 70 miles an hour everywhere.

Korean drivers driving aggressively and street racing

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Midjack posted:

Looks like China is going to end the pretense that Hong Kong has any kind of autonomy, they’re pushing for Article 23 of the Basic Law: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/asia/hong-kong-npc-article-23-intl-hnk/index.html

Welp, wonder what the British were expecting back in the 90s?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

She's the best of the worst

Vetting is when they have interns stand against a wall and have the Klob throw staplers and binders at them. If she hits above a certain %, she'll take the role.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Looks like it detected a cone instead of cojónes

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Not that Jack is good, but he’s an order of magnitude less bad than Zuck. He at least attempts to not seem like he’s only in it for the money. Twitter is now fact checking trump or not running political ads, and he donated a bunch of his personal money for decent causes, most recently COVID. Not to mention he doesn’t seem to have political aspirations.

He could still do a bunch more to be in a decent person category, but he’s hands down less bad than Zuckerberg.

My impression is that Dorsey is weird but self-aware, like he acknowledges he stumbled upon some ideas now worth billions. Zuck gets the robot/alien memes because he lacks the self-awareness, and thinks he deserves every bit of the billions that FB is worth. Before VCs pushed Zuck to pursue all the sketchy invasive aspects of FB that he didn't foresee, he just wanted a way to creep on fellow students.

Looking back, tech/VC of the mid-00s was weird and wildly speculative. I'd argue the real cornerstones were Apple, Amazon, and Google mainly for iPhones, AWS, and Android, but they couldn't have done it without humans innate desire to creep on people/see the other side.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Don't forget the offshore concentration camps! Australia in general is pretty racist, but they take it to a whooooole other level for aborigines, it's hosed.

Reading about Aussie/ex-pat behavior in Bali and SE Asia is very disappointing. Anecdotally it's interesting seeing entitlement as countries become wealthier, which ones have had a reckoning with their pasts/had justice & egalitarian values instilled (NZ), and which are lacking/slow (Brazil, Australia). There's like a nouveau riche factor

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 28, 2020

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Wow, looks like Gov Walz was a 24-year national guardsman who retired early to skip out on his unit's Iraq deployment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Walz#Early_life,_education_and_military_career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

This. A UV-5R is still $20 on Amazon and easily modifiable to be anything.

Nobody sells off the shelf encrypted radios equivalent to those though, which sucks.

Should I get one of these? Is this necessary to have like a SpO2/pulse ox for COVID?