Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I know what arbeit macht frei means and where it's from, but I don't know why I know. I'm sure it wasn't from the minimal history classes I took. Now I wouldn't want to unnecessarily paint anyone in a negative light here, and I'm not certain this is the case, but I wonder if I picked it up from some front page articles like Photoshop Phriday?

e: vvv To clarify, I know that, I just don't know why I know it. It must have been something I picked up on the Internet somehow, and I'm going to blame SA.

Buttcoin purse fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

bird food bathtub posted:

It's going to be turned into a right wing media talking point though. "We opened everything up and if it weren't for those perfidious liberals it would all be fixed. This is their fault, they hate our freedoms."

I think it'd be difficult to police your neighborhood to detect when people aren't going out "enough" so you can harass them for ruining the economy, but I'm sure chuds will find a way.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/JackTheScruffin/status/1258179896750125057

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I think “Quck” being an ugly mashup of the forbidden c-word and Quc, a common Vietnamese last name.

And if you're like me and didn't get that, you just think it's just a mis-spelling of "quack", the noise a duck makes, so it's like the ultimate dogwhistle (duckwhistle?).

Bored As gently caress posted:

Maybe he's mad we're calling Pelosi a ghoul or crypt keeper?

Are the deceased a protected class for the purposes of discrimination laws?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Cugel the Clever posted:

I do worry that big tech corps that start ditching physical offices entirely wouldn't stop at letting their employees work in a barn in Nebraska for lower compensation, but instead go on to pushing through policy that makes it facile to just hire workers that are based entirely overseas and can be paid marginally higher than the American minimum wage, if even. We could look forward to a further hollowing out of the American middle class and a Rust Belt 2.0.

Where I work, they say if and when you're allowed to hire (lol), you can have just 1 coder locally or 2-3 in various overseas places. What that means is you can have 1 that you can actually get to know on a personal level who can learn the culture of the team and what's expected of them by seeing how others work, or 2-3 which you can only talk to if you start work early or work back late so that the times overlap, who therefore never really figure out all the things that aren't written down fully (and who has the time for that?), and who at least in my experience you sort of feel don't exist past their not necessarily legible emails. I find it a lot easier to not get pissed off with someone making the same mistake for the 10th time if I have a coffee or beer with them from time to time.

The solution of course is to offshore the entire team :v:

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Drop it in the great lakes.

I support the Great Lakes. Always have. They are beautiful. They are big, very deep. Record deepness, right?

Yes it's a Trump quote

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

What is going on here, are they proving that guns are safe?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Woofer posted:

If riots bother you, then stop this from happening and you’ll stop the riots.

https://twitter.com/redfishstream/status/1265708807071698945?s=21

But like I said earlier, this poo poo is going to happen even if you stop people from rioting.

gently caress, I'm white and I think after a few minutes of cops pointing guns at me I'd be asking them to just shoot me and put me out of my misery because I can't stand the suspense of not knowing how this is going to end. What do they even want? Are they just waiting for an excuse to shoot?

e: I get that because I'm white it'll probably never happen to me though.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Woofer posted:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police/youre-hosed-acquittal-officer-brailsford-and-crisis

If you want to watch a white person beg for their life and crawl on the ground while hysterically crying only to get shot to death anyway, look up the Daniel Shaver shooting.

Definitely NMS.

Basically, yes, they’re standing by waiting for a reason.

It'd be nice if this made white people go "hey why did this happen, maybe something should be done about it", but I'll bet that didn't happen.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Lol, of course the chuds are saying that. They're so loving delusional. Those people were just stealing poo poo and trying to get away from her. Looters, by definition, just wanna steal poo poo and get away. Glad they defended themselves. She was stupid to even get involved. God only knows what she was thinking.

Wonder how many people she ended up stabbing. The victims might not have even noticed they got stabbed until later or until they were told they were stabbed, just due to the adrenaline.

So glad there are good street medics out there to treat people.

So where did/does Caro live? :ohdear:

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

This is
1. Inexcusable
2. Sooo loving stupid for the MN State Police to do. Such bad optics.
3. Batshit insane
4. Completely loving inexcusable.

Actually I think you'll find that as members of the media, they are enemies of the people.
:cripes:

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Woofer posted:

I’ve been banned a couple of times for that.

Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

It's funny how this video of a vehicle burning has a "potentially sensitive content" warning on it but the ones of people being beaten and seriously injured don't. There's no way this is actually Twitter policy, right? :ohdear: