Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Happy March 62nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I am a fan of he stories about the US leading the world in coronavirus recoveries as if our stupidity doesn’t have anything to do with that.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I thought the CIA was barred from operating domestically?

Have you ever heard of the DEEP STATE???

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m admittedly stupid and didn’t know what work sets you free was referencing so I’m here to say the history curriculum in this country sucks

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not being an rear end when I ask this, where did you go to school? I'm yet to find a textbook that doesn't have the picture and explanation for the phrase. I've seen school texts from a half dozen different states, and not a single one didn't have it and cover it. I'm asking, because I'm legit shocked. I know there are half rear end schools, and half rear end teachers, but this surprised the poo poo out of me.

Again, legit, not intending to be an rear end in a top hat.

Public school in Florida. The only history class I remember was American history (which didn’t get much into the Holocaust) and my sophomore year history class with a teacher that was changing careers after the school year and his effort reflected it.

Then I dropped out.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What number press secretary are they up to now? 4? 5?

I would bet $5 that Sean Spicer was the first, but would not be at all surprised if I lost that bet (and why I would only bet $5).

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Is Mooch still the shortest term press sec for this admin?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Lake of Methane posted:

FAKE NEWS from Joe Kassabian (@jkass99)

AP says the original sign said "Free small business!"
https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8845710091

It sucks that the woman who is throwing science and caution to the wind in the name of corporate overlords is gonna be known as a Nazi now.

A real shame.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Best Friends posted:

How come the "it's a hoax" and the "it's a Chinese bioweapon" people never argue with each other. These are directly opposite messages and yet they're being pumped in tandem down the same conservative propaganda pipelines
Because as long as you are ownin da libz you can say anything

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Disaster as in it didn’t help at all or disaster in that it has done even more damage

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

When did we change our policy about negotiating with terrorists?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1256...number%3D75pti1

so is this an attempt to blame the entire thing on china rather than the white houses terrible response to the virus right

Yes because just like radical Islamic terror, as long as you call it the Chinese virus it will disappear.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Bored As gently caress posted:

I really wonder what would be happening if we had a competent president and if we had a strong unified message across all levels of government. I doubt we'd be having these protests if that was the case.

Though I suppose if we had a Democrat President, all those rich billionaire fucks would still be astroturfing protests, probably saying "THE PRESIDENT WANTS TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN ECONOMY BLLLAAAARGGH"

I don’t think we would be in this position at all. The US is a really lovely country but I think we did a lot to keep things in check.

For example, having a pandemic team and a fully funded Department of Health (specifically the CDC).

There’s a reason SARS didn’t get this bad, and I don’t think it’s just because it’s not as deadly (though I don’t really know much about SARS — just comparing the US between then and now). I think the US hosed the entire world on this one. And while I don’t think one country should ultimately be responsible for what happens in another country, the United States (and just about ever western democracy, tbh) is the last country I give that pass to.

But maybe I’m a total idiot and I’m overestimating the power of a fully functioning US.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1257344749784137732?s=21

Just a protestor. Can’t wait to hear about his hobbies and favorite foods.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

If we had all not been stupid, we would be done dealing with it right now.

I wish chuds (and stupid non-chuds) had the self awareness to realize if they had spent the last 30 days (or even the first 30 days) staying in the loving house, we would easily have gotten over the worst.

The coronavirus has a guaranteed vaccine for people who haven’t caught it yet, but we gotta get haircuts instead.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The teachings of Jesus, as I, a heathen, understand them, are pretty secular in nature and can be summarized with “don’t be an rear end in a top hat to people and take care of each other.” The GOP does not know the same Jesus.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1257594058517684225

I can only hope that there’s some arcane secret society that will be keeping watch over Musk’s kid to make sure he doesn’t fulfill some prophecy and become Baphaelizar, Cybernetic Devourer of Worlds, or at least stop him from jamming his head up his own rear end like his dad has repeatedly done.

I hope he’s just trolling but if he isn’t, I think naming your baby crazy poo poo like that is some incredibly entitled billionaire poo poo because otherwise you’re stacking the deck against your kid in a normal public school.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

It’s always weird to me how people like Musk think that they will be able to withstand life in some inhospitable environment. The dude grew up rich and has never truly struggled in his life. He melts down when people contradict him on twitter. How does his thin skinned self think he’s surviving in the barren wastes of Mars? I know he over hypes his intellect and his actual parts in his company, but I’d think he’s smart enough to know that colonizing another planet would be pure agony.

Throw money at it. It solves everything.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I hope he gets it again 🤷‍♂️

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I hate the world if this is a current event.

I hate the world for a lot of current events but this is just so dumb.

Well, everything else is so dumb too.

I’m surrounded by dumb poo poo.

#KAGA2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

This is just the prelude to people naming their kids emojis.

Yes this is my son 🥒🏊📱6️⃣9️⃣4️⃣2️⃣0️⃣

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

not caring here posted:

I'm gonna guess that this is actually a smart move seeing as how we don't know enough about covid-19, especially with regards to people getting reinfected and the long term side effects that we still don't know about.

I'm sure it will change but for now it seems actually quite prudent.

Is it confirmation bias when you see an organization — that you associate with being a huge mess — do something right, you immediately think they did something wrong/stupid because it was so out of character for them?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Oh, word?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

My recruiter took me to Golden Corral on my way to MEPS.

This is my review of Golden Corral.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Hekk posted:

I gave away my last expended AT4 to the movers when I was unpacking my garage here in California. We used to a couple dozen a month when I was in 29 Palms. I had a bunch lying around but they aren’t good for much other than taking up space. Well that’s what I thought anyways. Had I known I could carry one around for street cred I might have held onto a couple.

You could’ve made a fortune

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

LongDarkNight posted:

Can't imagine Truckers for Trump will like that too much.

They are sacrificing for the economy

But if you raise their taxes it’s communism.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can whole countries get darwin awards

We are finding that out. Stay tuned.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Obamagate was trending on Twitter a few hours ago

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

bloops posted:

You ask me to get a pair of underwear, I’m back in two seconds.

What the HELL does that mean?

I’m happy I’ve been seeing that clip float around. I never even watched Seinfeld but YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME? was in my lexicon for a while because of it.

He was also the best part of Everybody Loves Raymond King of Queens by far.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 11, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

PeterCat posted:

Sioux tribes set up roadblocks in South Dakota to keep Covid-19 out of the reservation.

The Republican governor surprisingly doesn't support this particular group of people acting against the government.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52615311

Cant believe native Americans are being such babies about a virus that is killing a bunch of people.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Doc Hawkins posted:

people said it couldn't be done, but we finally have a quarantine mass shooting :patriot:

This is how we transition back to pre-corona normal.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Even though it’s obvious and an unoriginal idea, I’ve been saying for a while that the quickest way to gun control reform would be to push to arm all black people.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

not caring here posted:

Running from the lady reporters like he running from the draft office

Lmao “running”

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

:munch:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

:munch:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

That Works posted:

"aspiring to lynch" mob

Sounds like a neo nazi death metal band

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

“Legalese” is actually a synonym for “gibberish”

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don’t think the government is failing when it comes to armed people storming the capital.

I think we are just seeing that our social contract is bullshit and largely enforced by racism.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Flikken posted:

Well we are more of a left leaning vet forum so it makes sense

That’s why we are all betas

https://twitter.com/alpharivelino/status/1257350818174578689?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

DC’s traffic problems can be summarized by assuming that someone with Trump’s intelligence and forward thinking ability designed the roadways.

Six lanes merging down to two lanes so those two lanes can merge with another six lane, all in half a mile, every two miles.

I have heard DC doesn’t have it the worst but it’s really hard for me to imagine a more poorly designed highway system than the capital beltway and all the poo poo connected to it.