Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Doc Hawkins posted:

wow can we please tone down the guillotine jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
OC sucks. I do not miss working and living there.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys we have a great victory in this paaandemoc. We have had more americans die than did in vietnam and that is a great accomplishment. :smugdon:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

M_Gargantua posted:

Biden will competently keep everything the way it was in January 2021, and it will be lovely

Thats cute that you think he will win.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Oh my God imagine if it came out this was a direct order from Donnie Dipshit

It being Hellworld means he wouldn't get in trouble, but still

What would they do? Impeach him?

:lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I love the comment 'swat is not supposed to be used against unarmed citizens' when all those dudes appear to have rifles.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ok I want to learn something today. How is it that those guys who walk around carrying or have a rifle strapped to their chest not get at least cited for brandishing or carrying a weapon in a threatening manner? Going to a government building or the residence of a state governor and having a bunch of rifles is certainly not a lawful use of a firearm. At least in my uninformed opinion.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
What? No jabs at the AE is my ELVEN SPELLING OF AI?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Don't worry guys. The crisis is over and the coronavirus task force is being disbanded soon.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
But this whole car on a virus is winding down this is just fake news

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
There ya go. Saying the quiet parts loud like the grand ol party has been doing these past few years.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'm the fat stack of 1s he's pulling from his pocket

he supports single moms

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
now where is that trump tweet about impeachment for incompetence?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Iran successfully test fired a new anti ship missile and sunk a ship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52612511

quote:

An Iranian navy "friendly fire" incident in which a ship was sunk has killed dozens of sailors, unofficial reports say.

Local journalists said the frigate Jamaran was testing a new anti-ship missile which locked onto and hit Konarak, a logistical ship.

Semi-official Iranian news agency Fars said one sailor was killed and several others injured in a "naval exercise".

It described the incident on Sunday near the Strait of Hormuz as a "crash"

oh wait it was a 'crash' :lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

(editor's note: apparently "Tomi" is okay with caging sick people just like she's okay with caging asylum seekers and anyone darker than "solid white")

I can dig that post.

I mean poo poo, I spent weeks to months with zero outside world contact - no phone, no internet, no tv, no game consoles, and no gym. At the very most someone 'might' be able to send a 14 word or so censored message to me, and if it was about a close family member dying it would most likely be held back till we went into port.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ladies and gentlemen. The president of the united states of america. :911:

Defenestrategy posted:

The real crack ping moment for me was realizing that what we're going through watching this dude, is probably similar to what chuds thought they where experiencing during the Obama years, and really it made me question the nature of reality.

But Obama is actually articulate and able to convey things beyond 'everyone knows/everyone says/everyone is talking about'

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Is that truck loving?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kuroyama posted:

Is it wrong that this may have been my crack-ping moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouOI2Hbi4fo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The water is not wet that is a liberal lie

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

PookBear posted:

everyone that flies the confederate flag should die IMO

But 99% of them don't fly it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
hey cool. pretty much all of the states are going to do super deep cuts to medicaid and schools because mitch says let them go bankrupt.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

McConnell has already flipped on that, now saying another stimulus bill is likely, but he wants tax cuts to go along with the state/federal funding, because of course he does. Tax cuts make number go up. Hell, even Senator Cornyn, a shitbag, said HEY, GOOD THING WE HAVE OBAMACARE FOR HEALTH INSURANCE the other day.

Ol' Turtleface and others flipped because the red states are now getting their budgets creamed by COVID, and plus:

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1261040872659001348?s=19

It just took COVID a little while to get out of the cities. Now it's in the Trump counties. Suddenly, more aid is needed!

lmao

err

wait im not supposed to feel good about suffering

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
While I do love Duckworth, she is not known very well outside of places like.. um... us.

But hell yes bring her on so if biden gets #meetood hard enough to resign we get a boss for pres.

edit : lol here i am posting that biden will win hahahahahahahaaaaaaa

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So the 'regular flu' also gives blood clots that cause massive strokes in young healthy adults too?

edit : oh cool. dudes on the roosevelt caught covid a second time.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/politics/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-coronavirus/index.html

quote:

Eight additional sailors aboard the coronavirus-stricken carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have now tested positive for the virus according to a defense official.
These eight sailors had previously tested positive and were removed from the ship in order to self-quarantine. They had all tested negative twice before being allowed back on board before this latest incident of testing positive again for the virus.
This latest development is in addition to five other sailors aboard the ship that CNN reported earlier this week who had also again tested positive after being thought to be clear of the virus.
The carrier is heavily screening crew members for reports of symptoms. Some of the now 13 sailors who have retested positive in fact had reportedd symptoms to the medical crew, the official said.

Politico was the first to report on the eight additional sailors.
The official said it is not clear if sailors have somehow been re-infected or if very low levels of the virus have remained in their bodies and testing had not caught it.

More than 1,000 of the aircraft carrier's nearly 4,900-member crew had tested positive for coronavirus following an outbreak aboard the ship.
After evacuating some 4,000 sailors from the ship to Guam, the Navy had been retuning sailors to the ship following a period of quarantine and isolation in the hopes of getting the aircraft carrier to sea as soon as possible.

ded fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 17, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

DINK also means "double income no kids", so don't slap that report button right away

DINK means you are behind on quals, YOU loving DINK

the DINK list and HOTRUNNER list was always on the POTD on ye olde youstafish

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSqtO105t0

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah that’s not the dinq we’re talking about. If a navy person starts losing their mind at someone while calling them dinq, it isn’t because they’re throwing some slur at them. They’re yelling at them because they’re worthless and need to get their quals done.

In my experience it was 90% yelled about for ships qual (because you're a drat nub till you're ships qualled even if you're qualified reactor tech or advanced sonar operator first!) and 10% for other quals.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So I'm watching a bit of BBC news. The argument the conservative government has for reopening schools right now is that they don't think children can transmit covid-19.

:vince:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You guys wait. Just next week trump is going to reveal that he caught the virus and it did nothing to him because of his fish tank pills.

edit : its also going to come out in time that his family owns stock in a company that makes those pills

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

PookBear posted:

the american officer that was a liason to KMT china (what became Taiwan) described them as fascism without the efficiency. The KMT is still the dominant political party and they have the largest wealth fund of any political party taking population into account. They own the banks, radio stations etc there. Imagine fox news but instead of merely working to support right wing causes was directly controlled by the republican party

They didn't even have elections until 91 iirc. It really is an example of the failure of american foreign policy where we find someone we don't like and then support their enemy no matter how loving awful that entity is.

Also when they fled china to the island they massacred a shitload of the locals

sure. but they are still better than china

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The BBC has nailed this headline.

Nancy Pelosi accused of fat-shaming 'obese' Trump

https://www.bbc.com/news/52733199

BBC :smug: posted:

Top US Democrat Nancy Pelosi has been accused of fat-shaming President Donald Trump after she called him "morbidly obese".

Mrs Pelosi cited Mr Trump's "weight group" when asked about his disclosure that he is taking hydroxychloroquine to guard against Covid-19.

There is no evidence the drug can ward off the virus, and experts have cautioned it may cause heart problems.

Critics said Mrs Pelosi's "fat-phobic" response distracted from such concerns.

The World Health Organization has called attention to reports of individuals self-medicating and causing themselves serious harm with hydroxychloroquine, which Mr Trump has repeatedly touted as a potential Covid-19 treatment.

Speaking to reporters on Monday, the 73-year-old president said he had started taking the malaria and lupus medication in the past fortnight.

How Trump talks about women - and does it matter?
Trump trades barbs on mental stability
Trump says he is taking unproven drug for coronavirus

"I happen to be taking it," Mr Trump said. "If it's not good, I'll tell you right, I'm not going to get hurt by it."

Asked on Monday night by CNN about Mr Trump's remarks, Mrs Pelosi said she would "rather he [Mr Trump] not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists".

"Especially in his age group, and in his, shall we say, weight group, morbidly obese, they say," the US House of Representatives speaker said.

But failed with delivery.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I've only been out twice since before the lockdown started here and I've only gone to 2 stores. A Safeway and a Total Wine. Total Wine has 'you must wear mask' and a great big plexiglass to keep the customer and cashier separated, and they no longer allow customer owned bags.

Safeway has a small plexiglass that really does not do much, floor stickers to attempt to get people to go one way down an isle (not enforced).

The only food store that I know of nearby that had known covid cases from employees was a Whole Foods near the beginning of this and they tried to cover it up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Like its a surprise really? I bet the CCP is happy that the virus came along and shut down the protests so they didn't have to do Tienanmen 2020.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Makes it harder to cheat and I'm sure that what really has big boy donnie mad.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Pier 45 in San Fran is burning the gently caress down.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
An update on the fire

nbcbayarea.com posted:

Firefighters responded to the massive blaze at 4:20 a.m.
\

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco/4-alarm-warehouse-fire-at-pier-45/2295724/

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

america.mp4

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's a great time for civ 6 apocalypse version to be out. Disasters can be cranked up so high that comets nonstop nuke the world and vaporize cities.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
100,000 deaths is a great success for Trump. He has killed more americans than anyone else since world war 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Republicans hate people being able to vote.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/politics/republican-national-committee-california-vote-by-mail-lawsuit/index.html

cnn posted:

The Republican National Committee and other Republican groups have filed a lawsuit against California to stop the state from mailing absentee ballots to all voters ahead of the 2020 general election, a move that was made in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

On Friday the state governor said all registered voters would get a ballot by mail.

I bet the GOP is really hoping this gets pushed up the the SC level.