Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Excuse the poo poo picture, it’s dark in here and late.

I, TotalHell, oath the following for June: a unit of Field Mechaniks from Warmachine

Gotta go small since this is a busy month for me. Also in looking at the rules these two used to be the whole unit but now it looks like I’ll need more Gobber Grunts to make it a legal unit. That’s annoying. I can only oath the two dudes in the pic.

Anyway I’ve rambled enough, here’s the pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

June Oath Complete!

Here's our Mechanik and his Gobber companion.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Can I ask what you're using on the little wrench goblin's base for the foliage? I like the texture / volume that has compared to static grass, looks a lot more realistic to my eye.

Thanks! It’s just Gale Force Nine’s “Hobby Scenics” line. This is their “Meadow Blend” flock. Applied the easy way, with thinned-down Elmer’s glue, sprinkling some on top, waiting a few seconds, then blowing off the excess. You need so little that one $4 container of it feels like it will last a lifetime.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for July:
1 Dwarven Wizard
1 Dragonborn Warrior

I should probably also clean that dirty keyboard.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming July - Feel The Heat for the fire sword and glowy magic effects.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, Oath the following for August:

1 Warjack chassis, magnetized to be either a Reliant or a Stormclad (picture of each magnetization option included)

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming Swap Shop since the weapons are magnetized to be either the Stormclad or the Reliant.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of September:

2 cars for Gaslands
A bunch of barrels and tire piles for terrain

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

These are rad, I've been wanting to give this a try myself and I think I might have to go for it now. Where did you source those tiny bits of corrugated metal and stuff?

Metal was from local hobby shops; in particular look for shops that specialize in things like model trains and whatnot. It’s basically a textured metal foil.

Other bits (bumpers, weapons) are from a guy in the FB Gaslands group who 3D prints and sells sets of bits for very reasonable prices.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, Oath a Republic BARC Speeder for September!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete

Claiming the monthly "Under the Weather" challenge since I weathered the speeder pretty heavily.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath Tanith the Feral Song and a Druid Gone Wilder for the month of November!

It’s finally time to paint this one pin-up style model. I feel like it’s pretty tastefully done, so I hope I’m able to do it justice.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Brock Samsonite posted:

JUNE:
3rd - Total Hell.
Holy poo poo is that Mike Pondsmith?

Wooo, thanks!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

OATH COMPLETE

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for December:

Ten WH40K Chaos Cultists!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

First Place, 3 points:  TotalHell

This is an excellent example of subtle weathering. The Imperial white scheme is a great backdrop for the windblown dust and dirt, layered on top of some excellent line work and nice gradient blends.

Ahhhhhh thank you!!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete! And I will claim Season's Beatings for the blood on the close combat weapons and bayonets.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath 14 clone troopers from Star Wars Legion for the month of January

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for February 2021:

A Chaos Space Marine Master of Possession by GW

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

Claiming Wrap Up Warm for the feather/fur texture on the MoP's shoulders.

e: updating since I accidentally posted the same photo twice

TotalHell fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 24, 2021

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath a Beholder Zombie by WizKids for the month of March

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath a Beholder Zombie by WizKids for the month of March

Oath addition! I am adding one Manticore by WizKids for the month of March

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming Free(hand) as a bird because while it doesn't look like much, I had to freehand a decent looking eye before I greyed it over on the Beholder.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of April:

1 Forgefiend/Maulerfiend magnetized model from GW. Pics show the various options I magnetized.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Also the spreadsheet is now updated thru March so double check your stuff - not long to go til the finish!

Looks like the spreadsheet shows me as not completing my November oath. But I did complete it on 11/30 prior to the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

edit: also, I'll claim Time to Shine for most of this darn thing being metallic in color

TotalHell fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 1, 2021