Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Ruined Megapolis turn 23

Turn video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P6CiyM8UvY

Turn 23, we return after a brief hiatus caused by a player going awol. Now we have a sub things are back in motion. The egoism zeitgeist has left my empire in a sorry state, another rebellion kicks off this turn and we are unable to recruit replacement leaders because our interior council leader was one of the rebels.

Second place isn't bad though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

You keep on thinking that Shoreditch is further west than it is. You accidentally built some stuff there a while ago and also now have troops uselessly sitting around in the middle of nowhere.

Also, you missed the unit of rebels that spawned just off the road west of Liberty that will cut off your far western troops (once again).

Lastly, I can't believe Not the Federation actually agreed to let you take Limespring. They have to know that they are first on the chopping block for all other players, simply because they are so small and centrally located.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ah the Shoreditch troops are there to suppress unrest and I don't have enough spare IP ro build roads further east so they don't really have anywhere to go. Otherwise yeah I guess Habituallyred (Not the Feds) is trying to keep me onside because of how surrounded they are.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

This is what I meant:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 24

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfsrkAT6pOg

Turn 24, Having missed some fresh rebels last turn EVEN MORE spawn this turn. Bloody Egoism Zeitgeist. Luckily they dont occupy and destroy my supply depo under construction in the west and we can hopefully clear them off the road in a turn or two.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 25

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Y375PJ92I

Turn 25, Bloodfort takes two cities and balloons to a third of the world's population by himself so he's looking like a pretty strong contender to run away with the victory. We expand our borders somewhat and rescue the cut off MIlitia unit in our southwest but overall we are still behind in the expansion race. Time to do some diplomacy I guess, Bloodfort is going to win the game unless we manage to do something about it.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 26

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqQSs_QHD8

Turn 26, nothing too dramatic this turn as we continue tto edge outwards and our personnel deficit is finally solved. I do a look around and check the tech of our foes and it's not loking pretty. We have fallen quite far behind on some crucial tech.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 27

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkPgygjHIrk

Turn 27. Again a fairly slow one. In the background there is some diplomacy bubbling away in advance of the first player wars which now all the minors are almost gone should be kicking off soon.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 28

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUb1yZ_q1Cg

Turn 28, another fairly slow turn as we continue to push out our borders and invest heavily in increasing our industrial production. In the background there is some diplomacy bubbling away with what appears to be a general agreement that *something* needs to be done about Bloodfort but nobody wants to be the ones to put their empire on the line.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Can players share tech between them? Or otherwise gift stuff to each other ala Dominions? That'd be a good way to buff each other up vs Bloodfort

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Neophyte posted:

Can players share tech between them? Or otherwise gift stuff to each other ala Dominions? That'd be a good way to buff each other up vs Bloodfort

They can via the research diplomacy cards.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Neophyte posted:

AtomikKrab posted:

They can via the research diplomacy cards.

It's very limited. If you have a research treaty, when one player researches a tech the other player gets some portion of their research progress (but not all) towards that tech, making it cheaper to finish in the future. It's nothing nearly as powerful as trading completed techs back and forth though.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 28, 2020

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I think the 2nd level tech treaty gives you 50BP worth of research towards each tech you don't have that they have completed each turn, you can wattch them all slowly tick up via the management screen. Sharing dsicoveries is also quite powerful as it lets you focus your research exactly where you want it. They can't gift resources except for very limited amounts of money and political pointts.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Adding a way to ship someone you are helping metal/"arms"(Industry) etc would be interesting, possibly overpowered as well.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah I was sending Grey Hunter 1000cr/turn when him and you were 'fighting' in game 2 and im glad that there wasnt a way to send more.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Dominions MP LPs always seem to have at least one player on the way out spite-gifting their gems/gold/horrible cursed items to another underdog and that's always funny to see, but it doesn't seem like you can do that here. Oh well!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Saros posted:

Yeah I was sending Grey Hunter 1000cr/turn when him and you were 'fighting' in game 2 and im glad that there wasnt a way to send more.

Theres a 2500 credit option!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 29

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvhj7KDyjjE

Turn 29. Another fairly quiet one as we spend all our spare industry on road expansion. It's hellishly expensive to build them through thte dense forests so it's our main pain point right now. We are also having issues with recruiting population to be workers so I bump up salaries across the board and cross my fingers it helps.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Neophyte posted:

Dominions MP LPs always seem to have at least one player on the way out spite-gifting their gems/gold/horrible cursed items to another underdog and that's always funny to see, but it doesn't seem like you can do that here. Oh well!

You can let another player scoop up your territory while you hold the line against your aggressor (like Grey did in another PBEM) but there are a few less spite-options than dominions it's true.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Dominions wouldn't BE Dominions without those options however.

And i'm not just saying that because I once got spite based help in casting a really early BoT

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 30

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-niVbZ53xk

Turn 30. Still fairly quiet as we push our borders out inch by inch. I have largely (touch wood) solved my internal issues it seems apart from the population struggles but even that is improving.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 31

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW1_SogPbT4

Turn 31. The quiet before the (expected) storm continues and we invest everything we can in getting more industtry up and running. We are still a bit behind in some crucial techs but with our ongoing investment in BP production we can hopefully start to close the gap.

Saros fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 3, 2020

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 32

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUt97_ydtgI

Turn 32. Bloodfort comes to us witth a border proposal that leaves him the big ruins blob to my east and I counter-offer by suggesting I would accept them if he was willing to agree to tech sharing. Elsewhere we continue our mutant extermination and otther expansion.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Is there any reason why you'd ever want to lower taxes?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
If you want to get into a capitalist roleplay it should leave more private funds for the population to build their own assets with.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Generation Internet posted:

If you want to get into a capitalist roleplay it should leave more private funds for the population to build their own assets with.

It just seems so...bad compared to just setting a zone budget for private investing or use the private investment card.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Direct investment by the government is more efficient that just letting the private sector do whatever random thing strikes it's fancy?? :monocle:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 33

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT61HomLluE

Turn 33. Me and Bloodfort have struck a deal, tech sharing in exchange for borders that are advantageous to him. Elsewhere some very annoying mutants decide to cut our supply lines (AGAIN).

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 34

After some holiday related delays we return to your regularly scheduled logstical nightmare!

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJN8jvdyorQ

Turn 34. To nobody's surprise more AI units manage to cut more supply lines but this time around it's not so bad. Quite a long turn this time as I catch up from a hiatus in the game thanks to players being on holiday. Our massive industry and Bureaucratic push is finally starting to result in some upgraded assets. We are still behind in the tech race but hopefully this lays the foundations for a catch-up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The ai loves teleporting through your supply lines like terrain doesn't exist.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
It's such a pristine little "gently caress you in particular" on the map.

Very interested to see what comes out of all the economic potential of this map now that the initial expansion phase is starting to wind down.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 35

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ojf0hbQ7V8

Turn 35. Not a single thing goes wrong to my great surprise. We have had some more detente with Orange devil (Bloodfort) and agreed to further border lines. Overall I aam trying to hold off the eventual player v player combat until I can get some not-poo poo technology to my front lines because right now any fighting would likely not go so well for me.

Generation Internet posted:

It's such a pristine little "gently caress you in particular" on the map.

Very interested to see what comes out of all the economic potential of this map now that the initial expansion phase is starting to wind down.

By economic potential you must surely mean Bloodfort drowning us in a tidal wave of Laser-Infantry.

Saros fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 23, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Just get infinite rocket infantry and blow his laser boys up.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
My favorite thing about the end of the first match was that the zeitgeist was still “Time of Relative Calm.” Nukes, slaver raids, looting, endless bloody crackdowns, three wars in rapid succession, economic collapse, depopulation...

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 36

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8kOTF3bWU

Turn 36. A fairly quiet turn after an extended IRL break as we finish off the last free city on the planet and try to remember where all the moving pieces of our empire were. The tech lag we are suffering from is even more pronounced now unfortunately and it seems no matter what I do we cannot make up the deficit.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 37

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFQr9fTQ5nk

Turn 37. Another quiet turn and I do a bit of a deeper dive on the info my spies have gathered on the other players. I kind of wish I hadn't from the tech base Bloodfort is working with.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 38

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaXDXMuNmM

Well that is some bad loving news.

The situtation.

The Feds have cut our road to two Brigades near Limespring, we are unlikely to be able to re-open it but I think we can stop them from advancing much further.

Our Troops

Federation Troops

They have four brigades vs our nine but two of theirs are tanks and one is heavy MG. The laser-tech troops give them a decisive edge but they only have less that 20% of their troops converted to lasers. I would be woried about the tanks but the terrain is nearly all forest so I should be able to hold them off until I can get lasers/polymer-tanks and better RPG's.

Right now we should be able to hold as our troops on the defensive are about as good as his on the attack apart from his tanks and they will be disadvantaged by the terrain. I think long term we have enough of an economic advantage to win this but it will be a bloody grind in the jungle and the game is now Bloodfort's to win as this will let them pick whoever they want to devour while two players are distracted.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

This was very cool and good to watch and I'm finding this game very tempting even though I do not have anywhere near the sort of time to actually play it

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Ruined Megapolis Turn 39

Turn Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ210uWv39I

Turn 39 and the war starts in earnest! I think Not-Feds has miscalculated where to position their initial troops as the bulk of their forces are pressing on Limespring which I will be giving up without a fight due to the terrible logistical issues of holding the road all the way there.

Sneak peek

From the AI turn replay at the end of my turn it seems the Not-Fed spearhead got cut off by my own rebels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

If you bite the bullet and sink a ton of industry into getting really good supply there, is it possible for you to just drive west and envelop that entire army? It doesn't solve the Bloodfort Problem, but I guess it could make you feel better before he gets his ducks in a row and stomps the entire planet flat.