Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Gimmick Account posted:

Speaking of bugs: Could you perhaps ask Vic to expand initial empire creation a bit? Right now you can give your empire a banner and a name, but the actual cultural name (i.e.: 'Iron State' -> 'Ironstatian') will still use whatever the randomly generated default was. That makes this customizing function essentially useless.

Apparently fixed for the next patch already.

Gimmick Account posted:

Also, you can tell Vic that the process is actually called 'Serpentinization', since I don't believe that this is the kind of mistake he'll spot just by spellchecking himself - No offense.

And done as well. If people spot things like this definitely mention them and i'll pass them on.

habituallyred posted:

2 theories for your sudden loss of militia.

1: Actually paying your troops means they no longer count as militia.
2: Grey discovered the same bug and hit you with it.

I did actually tell him about it :tinfoil:. To be fair I dont think he did it seems to be an actual event, just not one I understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Thanks for being our link to the developer! Submitting bug reports makes the wait until release a liiittle more bearable.

I don't suppose you spoke to him about infrastructure costs for mountain hexes as well? Because I just don't feel that he playtested that number very much (or at all), it seems arbitrary. It would make more sense if such roads and railroads represented an equally high but managable investment in resources and time, instead of just an unclimbable resource cliff. Roads and such are all built within one turn, right? That's the one thing I would change for rough terrain. Allow 'drawing' infrastructure like now, but only as 'plan', with the actual paths being filled in from existing structures to the degree that your industry is capable of each turn. Plains should see no real difference, but in other landscapes you're looking at multi-turn investments.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yep roads/rail are instant, as long as your SHQ has the Metal/IP and enough logistical capacity to whereever you're building it it just appears instantly. I'm not the only one who's raised the sometimes extraordinary cost of road/rail over some terrain types but Vic doesnt seem to be interested right now, he didnt explicitly say he didnt have time but I think that's the problem.

E.g. someone complaining about rail over dunes costing a mere 1000 metal/IP.

Right now i'm just sending him pictures of swiss railways like this as a response.

Also no responses on the ability to destroy bridges and roads which usually means it's in the post-release bucket. I think he's very much on crunch time right now.

Saros fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 14, 2020

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Yeah, it's absolutely not a priority or anything. I just wanted to make sure that he knows there is a problem.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Saros posted:

Yep roads/rail are instant, as long as your SHQ has the Metal/IP and enough logistical capacity to whereever you're building it it just appears instantly. I'm not the only one who's raised the sometimes extraordinary cost of road/rail over some terrain types but Vic doesnt seem to be interested right now, he didnt explicitly say he didnt have time but I think that's the problem.

E.g. someone complaining about rail over dunes costing a mere 1000 metal/IP.

Right now i'm just sending him pictures of swiss railways like this as a response.

Also no responses on the ability to destroy bridges and roads which usually means it's in the post-release bucket. I think he's very much on crunch time right now.

I love how communication between grogs and grog developers has broken down to the point we just post passive aggressive pictures at each other.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Technology, Research, Unit models and Orders of Battle.

So while Grey has forgotten to send over the latest turn I have some time to write up the next explainer section.

Technology

Lets get started with technology. As you can see above there is a fairly substantial tech tree divided into tech groups, to open up a tech group for discovery you have to have fully researched three techs in a prerequisite group. Techs are further divided into the interestingly named "Binary" and "Linear." Basically binary techs are ones you either have or do not have like say automatic rifles or AP guns while linear techs are ones that provide gradual improvements as you research them further, basically optimisation techs that make whatever they effect better.

Techs are also Military, Economic or Applied Science and the majority of the linear techs fall into the applied science category. They are research via investing BP in the relavant council so one of Military research council, Economic council and Applied science council.

As we previously discussed when talkling about Bureaucratic points (BP) research is separate from discovery. Before you can research a tech you have to invest BP to find the idea for it, the actual 'research' stage is more like practical prototyping than actual research.

In the above exacmple the military research council has vis several turns of BP investment just discovered AP guns. Before now you don't know what they will actually discover next. At the same time they are developing padded envirosuits which was previously discovered. Once padded envirosuits is done or you tell your director to switch you can choose the next tech to research from all the un-researched techs you have discovered.

For economic techs they usually simply result in a new building being available or some other advance but for most military techs you have to first research and design an appropriate model.

Models and unit design

This is done through the model design council and was largely covered at the start of the thread so I will skim it. Once a model type is unlocked by having the prerequisite techs you it can be discovered by invested BP in model discovery. E.g. you cannot discover the AT gun model without the AP weapons tech. Once it is discovered it then goes to the design phase.

As an example lets look at this light tank. As it is a light tank it has caps on engine/gun/armor size but is relatively cheap.

We select a gun/armor/engine and the game rolls a bunch of dice in the background and generates a design. How good the final design is based on how well you rolled on "Structural" design score (this is the unchangeble base stats of the model, some designs can be great and others mediocre) and "Basic" design score. The gun rolls a D70-130 for Gun/Armor/Engine and the structural and basic scores modify the result of that roll.Structural never changes but basic improves with every iteration of the model. Of note when you redesign an iteration of a model the game rolls another d70-130 for weapon/armor/engine, modifies the result with structural and basic score and then compares it to the previous weapon/armor/engine score and only uses it if it's higher. So for example while not every part of a model will get better with iterations (they often will) they will not get worse.

E.g. this guy. So here we have the Crusader tank, if we were to design an iteration of this model (i.e. a Crusader II) with some investment of BP we would likely get a better version even if we selected all the same choices in designing, especially if we did some fighting with it.

It's probably worth pointing out this tank is a bit of a lemon. If you look back up you can see a 40mm howitzer gun has 300 firepower and 25mm armor has 200 armor strength. Different models are obviously good at different things and firepower especially is modified for hard/soft attack and attack/defense. The 230 soft attack on the attack (which should be unmodified) means that compared to the default firepower of 300 it kind of sucks but it does have better defenses than would be expected.

Different weapon types also modify hard/soft attack in the ways you would expect. Caliber vs armor is also factored in but I covered that in the first post.

Onmap units and Orders of Battle

Non-Militia units have a defined OOB. These can be discovered/researched in the same way as techs via your staff council and come in one of three sizes, Brigade/Corps/Army. Each has a HQ unit and five combat units. The size only effects how many men/tanks are in each onmap counter the composition stays the same. There are also independent units which come in Battalion/Regiment/Division size and two can be attached to the HQ of a normal formation.

To discover a formation you need a model for each of the component parts. Once it is researched ('operationalized') you can build the formation/unit freely.

E.g. the Assault infantry Brigade has the above OOB. A HQ unit and 5 Battalion sized units with 800 men and 10 light tanks. As you get more unit types you get more complicated OOB's. If you were to select a Corps size formation it would be the same number of counters but each would have 5x as many men in them. Sadlly the ability to completely design your own formations e.g. the ATG system is absent but this system does a pretty good job.

And if you so desired you could flesh it out with an independent motorised artillery unit or in fact any sort of independent unit you fancied!

Saros fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 22, 2020

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

No deaths yay.

Turn Reports

Oh wait, lots of deaths amongst the free folk. I did the before/after checking and that sentinel storming past all my troops to sit on a free folk settlement by Heliumfact resulted in 6k FF deaths. I think i've really had enough of these guys.

Cool?

Very cool. Artillery and Light tanks are the two models you need to start making effective offensive units and at this rate I should have completed designs for both by the time I have my first industry building up and running.

I check in on Grey and grind my teeth a little. He's complaining how slow his production is to get off the ground but he's already got a free light indistry from his private sector and is now building his own. Boo this man!

In better news I apparently have all the oil. Yes all of it.

Ho humm boring cards this turn.

Decisions

Sure, lets be friends eh.

Extra good friends?

Free leader? Better faction relations? You better believe it.

I spike my commerce harder than i'd want and hurt elations with a major. Blah. I can't have the autocracy right now though.

Meritocracy please!

My cabinet dont like me so I resort to more money. I am actually in negative though so uhhh I dunno how sustainable this is.

Jeez even after all the extra money its still a struggle. This situation with the command director and my secretary is pushing into very dangerous territory. If they get much more annoyed they will be starting rebellions and the like and my zone happiness is kind of crappy right now. At least the military leaders love me so they should stay on my side if it happens.

Start of Turn

We blow away a batch of sentinels with our GR tanks. Thank god for them this would really be a slog otherwise.

End of Turn

Operation rescue-are-boys was a success, and 3/5 of them havent starved yet!

World Map

Still looking for suggestions on a next objective.

Saros fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 14, 2020

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Wel if you've thrown down with the sentinels you need to get them all I'd imagine and claim those ruins they were squatting on. Maybe if they had active defenders they will turn out to be extra special ruins?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

:rolleyes: At least my complaining about this on the beta forums has gotten it's effect increased.

Excellent, once this can be researched and deployed it's a significant upgrade to our infantry firepower.

Also excellent. First tank model is here.

....oh for gods sake. I think this is the WORST light tank design I have ever seen. I mean look at it it's bad at *everything.* Ugh. I think I might have to design a new model from scratch.

Some more cards to play.

Enemy turn

I come under attack three times. Luckily we hold in all cases, I am most surprised by the Sentinels not managing to kill any of my troops, maybe it was the mountains that saved me.

Decisions

Budget time! Who needs good relations with leaders? Apaprently not me :sigh:

More PP's, less random junk stratagems.

More meritocracy please, we should be able to make this demand happen easily.

Some good news here, our Federalist neighbours want to exchange embassies.

... Aaarrggghh. My nation is already creaking at the seams and my leaders are stirring up more trouble.

Kathlyn gets an advisor post and is assigned to the foreign council to ride herd on the terrible director it currently has.

You know what I can't deal with this, let them do whatever they want.

Actually the shadow cult seems to be pretty bad news.

Okay this is getting quite worrying. Also there is a religious war going on in both my zones.

Everyone loves me too as you can see.

At least we hit 70 Meritocracy which can bring some nice bonuses if we hold it at this level long enough.

Complaining about the militia event seems to have worked as well (from yesterdays patch notes).

Two more turns for our metal mine to be online. Assuming the sentinels don't knock it out, there is one right next to it.

The lack of logistical link between our zones is frustrating, there is a good bit of industry and machines stuck where we can't utilise it.

Start of turn

As you can see operation Rescue-are-boys has hit a snag and our rescuers now need rescuing. Oops.

We re-open the supply lines but who knows if they will hold.

The sentinels are all encamped in the hills and I can;t get at them with my tanks. Ugh I really really really hope they dont take the metal mine construction hex.

The spy goes to investigate Ramoniria to the NW, next turn we should have recon on all of our neighbours.

Oh and Grey hunter part 4 is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL4OIcx0R0s

Saros fucked around with this message at 12:00 on May 15, 2020

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does the planet's lifeforms come into play at all, or is it purely cosmetic flavour? How alien and inhospitable can you really make the planet?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yep they definitely do. The primary thing is how much protective gear you need and what sort of forest cover the world has as well as whether it's human-edible.

You can also get alien forests with basically the bugs from starship troopers in them, primitive hunter-gatherers, mutant humans and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Some planets are hot enough you can barely send even envirosuited humans outside and have lava seas/rivers. One of those combined with a lot of radiation would probably be about the worst possible.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Saros posted:

Yep they definitely do. The primary thing is how much protective gear you need and what sort of forest cover the world has as well as whether it's human-edible.

You can also get alien forests with basically the bugs from starship troopers in them, primitive hunter-gatherers, mutant humans and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Some planets are hot enough you can barely send even envirosuited humans outside and have lava seas/rivers. One of those combined with a lot of radiation would probably be about the worst possible.

Are we talking about decivilized human hunter-gatherers, or actual sentient alien life forms? Can you do anything meaningful with them, or are they just treated as hostile fauna?

By the way, there only seems to be one 'Cult Relations' stat, but several cults. How does that work in practice? I assume you can have different attitudes to different cults, right? If I crack down on the Shadow Cult, the rival Anima people won't also be mad at me?

Gniwu fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 15, 2020

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It looks like there's a road all the way to Deeprange in the north - if we conquered them Angry Max would stretch from pole to pole

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Pole to Pole is a good objective.

in addition

Increase relations with the croctopus if possible

Stomp the Sentinels. The bots are in the way. We should eliminate them

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Gimmick Account posted:

Are we talking about decivilized human hunter-gatherers, or actual sentient alien life forms? Can you do anything meaningful with them, or are they just treated as hostile fauna?

By the way, there only seems to be one 'Cult Relations' stat, but several cults. How does that work in practice? I assume you can have different attitudes to different cults, right? If I crack down on the Shadow Cult, the rival Anima people won't also be mad at me?

Yeah all the cult's have their own relations which is visible through the reports menu, the one displayed on the sidebar is just an average of all of them. The hunter-gatherers can be human or alien, I havent encountered them so I don't know if you can do much more than you would any minor empire. For the Arachnids you just have to exterminate them.

Sounds like pole to pole after eliminating the Sentinels is the way of the future.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I love complex and plausible random generation of stellar bodies. While this game looks like it will swallow hundreds of hours of my life in the long term, I'm most looking forward to generating wildly different planets over and over again, just to see what interesting combinations are possible.

Edit: I wish Vic would release the planetary generator separately, as a 'demo' of sorts!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Gimmick Account posted:

I love complex and plausible random generation of stellar bodies. While this game looks like it will swallow hundreds of hours of my life in the long term, I'm most looking forward to generating wildly different planets over and over again, just to see what interesting combinations are possible.

Edit: I wish Vic would release the planetary generator separately, as a 'demo' of sorts!

I love worldbuilding myself. In this case literally.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I'm just a bit sad that there isn't any really weird stuff in the planet generator like tidally locked planets, gas giant moons that pass through radiation belts. I have already suggested the tidally locked one but if people want to come up with whacky ideas I'll compile them into a big effortpost on the beta forums.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Presumably you can already be on a moon rather than a planet? although I'm not really sure what gameplay effect that would have.

What about different star types? Can you get stars that periodically go through massive solar flaring?

What about binary systems? Sometimes the planet is freezing cold for months on end, then it gets between the two suns and gets absolutely cooked for a while?

Eccentric orbits? Similar effect, less dramatic.

Meteors showers in low atmosphere worlds. Extreme meteor activity on worlds that used to have a moon that got blown up in the apocalypse.

High axial tilt worlds

Ocean worlds seem like an obvious suggestion but with no naval stuff that's out I suppose.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Saros posted:

I'm just a bit sad that there isn't any really weird stuff in the planet generator like tidally locked planets, gas giant moons that pass through radiation belts. I have already suggested the tidally locked one but if people want to come up with whacky ideas I'll compile them into a big effortpost on the beta forums.

This is probably DLC material rather than an idea for something happening in the forseeable future, since there are a lot of far more important issues to be ironed out first (naval & air units!), but I've been thinking about having the game option for a higher tech enemy on a politically unified second planet as a late-game challenge. That planet could either be a moon around the original planet, or a fellow moon (along with the one you and the other powers are on) around a gas giant. The extraplanetary power would launch excursions onto your world every now and then (in good Antaran tradition), maybe to grab slaves, rare resources, or even to actually take over territory and go further from there, depending on the situation. The final goal in such games would be to unify your planet and eventually take the war to them.

The important thing is that the planetary constellation needs to be such that there's only a travel time of no more than two weeks involved. I don't want to turn this into a fancy space opera setting, just something to make alliances in the beginning more beneficial despite possible conflicts for scarce resources, and something to give the player an interesting goal when they start to steamroll everything near the end.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I'm sure different strengths of magnetosphere are already modeled, but what about variable magnetospheres? It's theoretically possible I believe. And polar inversion, which will probably even happen to us (relatively) soon.

E: Or alien life on extreme hibernation/incubation cycles. I.E. every 30 years a speicies of giant flesh eating cicadas emerge from the ground to mate, next year they're all gone again.

Or weird multistage reproduction. Planet apparently inhabited by a species of sessile photsynthesiers reproducing asexually, few years later surprise! they go into a mobile, sexual reproductive stage and gently caress everything up for a few years before returning to a sessile stage.

E: E: Or you could have the inverse; initally appears as mobile sexhavers, lay eggs that hatch into a sessile stage, which then go for sexual reproduction through pollen like interactions, resulting in massive biohazzard as it turns out breathing alien spunk is bad for you.

For that matter are seasonally variable biohazards in place to account for things like pollen, aggressive behaviour during mating season, ect?

Pharnakes fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 15, 2020

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Saros posted:

....oh for gods sake. I think this is the WORST light tank design I have ever seen. I mean look at it it's bad at *everything.* Ugh. I think I might have to design a new model from scratch.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what in this picture makes the tank good or bad.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Ceebees posted:

I'll be honest, I have no idea what in this picture makes the tank good or bad.

Yeah, what are the median stats for a fresh light tank model?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

When it comes to world generation, I wouldn't mind seeing things like a gas giant's tidal forces switching up the volcanism depending on time, giant permanent storms in semi fixed locations making some places quite unlivable, aurora borealis at some times of the year dumping radiation on the polar regions and impeding power transport, and so on.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Here's an example of a tank from another game. Basically the soft attack stats are pretty bad and for 50mm armor the hp is dismal. Id quote but am on my phone, if you look back up at the tech/models explanation you can see the firepower and armor stats for the various weapons/armour thickness and for a light tank with a howitzer the firepower should on average match the attacking soft attack (red arrow top right) and the defensive hp (green diamond). The attacking/defending stats are the numbers separated by a / with the attacking on the left.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
So the red arrow with the line under HP is hard attack?

Good job you have all the oil I guess. Actually what happens to oil on worlds with no/minimal biosphere?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yup. Oil can exist on no biosphere worlds depending on the atmosphere, presumably not actually oil but some alternative fuel source but is much rarer. You need to source it from ruins, biofuels or chemical synthesis.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Yeah, burning oil in places without oxygen is quite a feat, so I assume it's hydrogen peroxyde or some other poo poo when on a barren rock. Now why does it ask for food in order to be synthesized is someone else's problem.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Elections! As we are a Politburo only our leaders get to vote and despite the influx of them the old guard holds onto power.

We find a seemingly endless buried fuel depot on the ruin hex by the Croctopia border.

Wha-hey! Complaining on the beta forums has worked and the time of confidence is actually having an appreciable effect now.

Promises kept, we really are a dictator of our word.

We also complete research on Padded envirosuit our first decent armor for infantry. Next up is Automatic rifles then we will do a complete update of our infantry design.

New cards, i've never actually seen the militia project card before?

Enemy moves

We hold everywhere, some places by the skin of our teeth but Sentinels just aren't that great on the attack.

God they are annoying though, one has stormed way down south to slaughter even more free folk. Oh and our rescuers in the NE got cut off again. Sigh. Now they are the ones running out of food as well.

Decisions

STOP. DOING. THIS.

Auto rifles please, nobody seems to be fielding tanks yet.

At least someone wants to be friends.

As they are our only friends we decide to keep on their good side as much as possible.

Observe the slow deterioration of my empire. Goddamnit so much unrest, danger and unhappiness.

Our spy reports back on Ramoniria. They are uh, Mutants and seems to be trading territory with Croctopia. Man this world really is just full of crap, where are the peaceful farmers and chill monks. (Actually Deeprange are the chill farmers but we are going to conquer them in the interests of a pole to pole empire.)

Danger and unrest means my capital is getting some very worrying levels of happiness and there isnt much I can really do to mitigate it.

I burn my only two fate points to try improve the situation in the capital and roll very badly. :sigh:

I check in on my cults too, this religious conflict is half the reason I am having such a hard time with unrest so time to do something about it.

Time to bring the inquisition.

The industry stockpile in my second zone heliumfact is ever increasing (right hand side, "zone inventory") but without a logistical connection to my capital I can't retrieve it for use. I would build a truck station there to transport it but I don't have any metal sources in the zone. Frustrating. I think I will have to delay my industry build to get a truck station and road link going.

Start of Turn

End of turn

We cut off another Sentinel and our tanks delete it. Grey is sending a unit south, I presume hoping to scoop up territory so we try cut him off short of the ruins and valuable sites. The supply to our wayward Militia in the north is also re-opened.

Mine is 0.1 turns from completion so that's good. Right now I think I will build roads/truck station next which should let us retrieve our stored industry in Heliumfact and then rush build an industry in the capital as fast as possible. Hopefully by then the Sentinel action will be over, I can stabilise ouor borders and build some tanks and artillery to join the planned invasion of Deeprange.

Saros fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 16, 2020

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Can you just feed Thallilove into a wood chipper at this point? I'm half-convinced she's actually sabotaging you at this point.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 16, 2020

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Randalor posted:

Can you just feed Thallilove into a wood chipper at this point? I'm half-convinced he's actually sabotaging you at this point.

From what I've seen of this game that's basically just what your advisors are for, loving up and causing problems (and making at least half of your government hate you)

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

^^ Hey if they like you they provide some pretty significant bonuses! Check out my model director. Also huh I need to switch up the priorities here.

Turns out Camden is actually a lady aha. Also firing your secretary seems to be outrageously expensive what the hell.

The other leaders won't mind so much as she isnt part of a faction.

This bugger needs to go as well, he's costing me 16% of my PP generation every drat turn.

The problem is I don't have any retirement or 'more permanent' retirement cards so when relieved the leader goes to the leader pool and gets an big -relations bonus, enough to send either of these guys to zero at which point they will definitely start building a rebellion.

Saros fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 16, 2020

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Saros posted:

The problem is I don't have any retirement or 'more permanent' retirement cards so when relieved the leader goes to the leader pool and gets an big -relations bonus, enough to send either of these guys to zero at which point they will definitely start building a rebellion.

Is it better to have someone indirectly hurting your empire (IE: -16% PP generation each turn) and maybe not fostering rebellions, or actively fostering rebellions but not indirectly hurting your empire?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Can you put them in charge of a unit of 100 milita then send it to die against the sentinels?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

^^ Not militia sadly only bde/corps/army HQ actually have leaders attached.

That is the judgement call you have to make yeah, in this case because of how early it is and the already stretched state of my resources I'm going to have to just put up with her I think.

Saros fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 16, 2020

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
If you get enough autocracy can you just straight up :commissar: fools?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

You sure can! It's actually one of the decent perks of autocracy.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
You got me hooked onto this game, wish it would release sooner.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Whoa! Okay what happened here.

Ho humm.

Even more word score. I really am the most believable dictator.

This is the government level 40 perk. Free food is a nice bonus but the stratagem is really good, it improves experience and relations with all your leaders. Now I just need to generate it.

Also it turns out the explanation for all the dead guys was "Raiders did it." You might also note that our boys in the NE are cut off again :lol:

More stratagems.

Oh and spy reports from the eastern raider territory indicate it is rather extensive (grey zone).

Decisions

Bloody hell I hadn't realised so many of my leaders were shadow sect followers.

The religious violence is getting way out of hand however so I have to supress the sect.

Damnit.

Prospecting takes a hit so more can go into research.

We can't afford any more autocracy so democracy it is. Thankfully it's cheap.

Friedraum also responds to our request for help with a big wad of credits.

And in Friedland our spies turn up a bunch of blackmail info.

A quick check of our spy reports on their leadership shows the Veterans union is federalist and most likely to play ball if they come to power so we support them.

A truck station is laid down to connect our two cities, I would nationalise the one in Hanson but it would be catastrophic for popoulation happiness.

Start of turn

We also use the industry freed up by the completion of the metal mine to extend the road link towards Heliumfact.

And raise an independent infantry unit to protect the truck station in case the raiders or Sentinels get frisky.

End of turn

We push south-west to take more Sentinel territory and the two in the hills are isolated as well as we can. Hopefully the tanks can delete the third set, I hope that one plus the two in the hills is all of them.

Overall it could be worse.

And uh I could really really use some retirement cards please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Saros posted:

A quick check of our spy reports on their leadership shows the Veterans union is federalist and most likely to play ball if they come to power so we support them.

Quick note for Vic: Since Friedland seems to be going for a german naming scheme across the board, the name of the Isolationist Soldiers Legion leader should be 'Jochen', not 'Jochem'. I know this is the space future where many names are weird, but none of the other german ones are obvious corruptions, so I'm guessing it's a mistake.