Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm saddened to report to GBS (I think I'm the first) that two members of classic 70's (and ongoing) bands died in recent days.

The Stranglers' original keyboardist, Dave Greenfield, has died due to coronavirus-related complications at age 71. :/
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stranglers-dave-greenfield-dead-993682

And Kraftwerk founder Florian Schneider has died at 73. Cancer. :/
https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/music-reads/music-news/florian-schneider-kraftwerk-died-age-73/12222930

Australia's excellent Fri-Sun night rock clip program, Rage, is showing clips of both bands as a tribute tonight through Sunday night. I hope MTV does the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OOPS sorry about the thread title, genuine mistake I swear (I love these bands) and f*** knows what forgotten thread of old it was cached from. Mods pls change thread title to "Kraftwerk founder Florian Schneider & The Stranglers keyboardist Dave Greenfield dead" out of respect for the deceased.

Edit1: For those who know not of these bands but like good rock:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranglers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraftwerk

Edit2: I saw The Stranglers about a decade ago playing at a mixed classical orchestra/The Stranglers gig in London and they were great. Also about three years ago in Oz, they have the old sound back in spite of some new personnel, it was a great gig. Looking on eBay for a boxset now...

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 8, 2020

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

BigBadSteve posted:

OOPS sorry about the thread title, genuine mistake I swear (I love these bands) and f*** knows what forgotten thread of old it was cached from. Mods pls change thread title to ""Kraftwerk founder Florian Schneider & The Stranglers keyboardist Dave Greenfield dead" out of respect for the deceased.

don't worry, it's better this way. if extremely disrespectful.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

More interested in what the thread title is from tia OP

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ahoy me farties

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Zillions magazine posted:

More interested in what the thread title is from tia OP

It's from James Joyce's love letters

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Stranglers are the James Joyces of the modern era. Their songs (mainly) and the best Kraftwerk tracks do, coincidentally, almost make me gush from my holes. The Stranglers have many albums full of mostly good songs and are still putting 'em out, but Kraftwerk had typucally one great song per album, and not nearly as many albums.

In a farting contest, I'd be betting on any member of The Stranglers, dead or alive, vs any member of Kraftwerk. Though no doubt Kraftwerk could make many and diverse fart-like sounds with their various synths.

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

BigBadSteve posted:

The Stranglers are the James Joyces of the modern era. Their songs (mainly) and the best Kraftwerk tracks do, coincidentally, almost make me gush from my holes. The Stranglers have many albums full of mostly good songs and are still putting 'em out, but Kraftwerk had typucally one great song per album, and not nearly as many albums.

In a farting contest, I'd be betting on any member of The Stranglers, dead or alive, vs any member of Kraftwerk. Though no doubt Kraftwerk could make many and diverse fart-like sounds with their various synths.

nice save!

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
lol nice

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
James Joyce? Doesn't sound noice!!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Why are so many threads from May 2020 suddenly floating to the surface of GBS lately?

First the Jerry Stiller thread, and now this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Im farting in James Joyces mouth in memory of Dave Greenfield and Florian Schneider