Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Mother Part 3 episode review: :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Party Boat posted:

The gang are gonna have to bust Stirfry out of heaven

please please please this would be the funnest two parter

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Any chance you could screenshot it for those of us unwilling to maintain accounts on The Site Formerly Known as Twitter?

https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1699417993862664557?s=19

basically no details but it's a relief!

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Stroop There It Is posted:

:emptyquote:

I wonder if they're going to do something else set in Cordelia, maybe at a different time like Come at the King?

This would make sense to me - Branson seems to have a good grasp of the world (or it's the only thing that makes sense for his weird brain). They've only explored a little bit, too, I feel like?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

My body is fully prepared for The Hot Roddy Files

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

I want a WolfHead Orb wife :sigh:

get in line, buddy

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Instant subscribe, ready to dive in on my drive into work tomorrow!

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I was at work and laughing so hard at the Halloween special I had to go for a walk

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I remember excitedly listening to the first episode when it first came out, but getting too drunk to actually pay attention. Same when I tried to relisten.
Coming back to it after starting my recovery really hit. Especially after I got to the... 2nd(?) episode, when Ivan Gretzky showed up. Always keeping a candle lit for that guy. Friends of Bethel for life.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

Aaaaaaa I can't believe this campaign is over!!!! I'm gonna miss these crazy kids so much :') I've drawn so much fanart of this drat show, hyperfixated on it through Covid, made a bunch of nice internet buds on the Discord, and simply needed everyone else to know about this incredible thing that made DnD actually look fun to me. Me obsessing over this show somehow lead to me eating the best pork carnitas of my life, made by Chris Hastings, with the rest of the crew (sans Branson and Taylor). I wouldn't be making my own DnD pod if this show didn't happen, nor would I have the standards I have for production and improv without it. It's just wild how much I appreciate this thing, made by brilliantly talented and cool as gently caress people. What a genuine treasure.

And I did not expect to show up in this paragraph, lol. :unsmith: Shucks!

It makes sense to me that Hastings cooks some mean carnitas

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Warbird posted:

I didn’t love the finale for some reason. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t love it.

I feel kinda the same way. I don't know if I've ever felt satisfied with a finale for a D&D podcast, though. It might not be a feasible thing to me. I was close to weepy that our dear Ivan came back, though.

I was delighted/terrified that Branson got to go into some kind of Looney Tunes fugue state, though. I'd pay to see him do a one man show of those monologues, but I think we'd need to arrange an EMT on site for it.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Who would have been the best guardian angel to reform the evil dean as a kid?

Hot Roddy

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

A place where everyone's a criminal... even the mommies

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Warbird posted:

Yes but will there be Stirfry?

I’m interested to see how this goes but I’d be lying if I wasn’t mildly concerned. I really liked the characters and their interactions with the last run. CATK was ok, but I didn’t love it and I could never get into any of their one offs. Branson continuing to be utterly deranged as a DM is pretty key and will still be present so I’ll likely be fine, but change is scary I suppose.

I forget the other one-offs, but I know the bonus episodes like V:TM and the Parsely stuff are all balls to the wall hilarious. Oh These Those Stars of Space also hits great almost every episode.
I'll be very sad if Davo doesn't come back - but who wouldn't be??

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

First episode of Piss Harbor just dropped! Excited and anxious to get to listen.

The character creation episode was a lot of fun, and I think this campaign is gonna measure up.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Warbird posted:

Was the character creation one a patron exclusive?

yeah, I'd definitely recommend patronizing though. The bonus content is very worth it, especially with the backlog.
Wish there was an ad-free main feed, alas

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Tim Platt is one of the funniest people in podcasting

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

https://www.tumblr.com/timplatt/736155876433494016

Finally, somebody that appreciates Come at the King as much as I do

this rules

Come at The King was really interesting to me. I remember at the start HATING Smellulous. I just found him so incredibly off-putting as a person, and the way Tim played him was a part of that. By the end of it, I was stunned by how much of an intensely real (and still hateable!) character he was. I can't remember if it was about something that changed, or, more likely, Tim just stepped into a tremendously rich character and Branson simply let the world flow around him to his fateful end.

It was like one of those "mini-series of a long-running franchise" that everyone praises for decades after. 6 or however many episodes that hit, narratively, far above their weight.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Imagine a man so overwhelmingly pathetic he leads to the collapse of the most powerful empire in history. Smellulus works the same way.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

The split was abrupt, but what surprised me was how little Taylor and the Rude Tales crew have apparently spoken about it all - that, combined with the absolute lack of collaboration? It had to have been an intense split, even if there wasn't animosity, per se.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I'm glad we got the Casketshowroom special on the These Those patreon feed while we still could. I relistened to it recently - listening to that while driving is taking your life into your own hands.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Rude Talks lore drop: Tim Platt majored in Latin

I'm stunned but unsurprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

the podcast crossover event of the century