Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Oh poo poo I had no idea this was Branson Reese's podcast (of Smooth Shark/One Fear/etc fame). I just listened to the first episode and it feels very polished. I'll keep going for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

AndrewP posted:

And I don't know anything about the DM but he seems fantastic.

Well for one thing his comics are incredible

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I bet they tried recording an episode in the regular story and it just didn't work well.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
TBH I'm finding Smellulus really hard to listen to (and I too would Die For Stirfry). The voice just hits my brain wrong.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Smellulus's voice works for me, but I hear it as him trying to redefine himself. That said, I also don't think he ever defined himself as an adult in the first place. And now he's doing this awkward thing of trying to fit in and be the person people expect him to be as if he's pushing his boundaries and doing things for himself.

I was thinking about this more, and I think the issue for me is, when he starts talking you can't be sure if he's going to keep talking for another 5 seconds or another 3 minutes, so I wind up tuning out.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Lmao Tzu posted:

In Rude Talks of Chatting they said they’ll be going back to the main campaign when Come at the King comes to a natural conclusion since they know the pandemic is going to last a while and they’ve gotten comfortable recording remotely now. They’re not going to stretch it out because of the lockdown.

That's good! I stopped after the first ep of the miniseries because I just didn't like it as much as the main arc, but if it's going to be pretty short then I'll give it another try. (Doesn't help that the last episode of the main arc was one of the best episodes of a roleplaying podcast I've ever heard.)

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Is the video Patron-only?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Warbird posted:

You have to pay :5bux: to but a ticket to get a URL to an unlisted Youtube stream, but that's available to anyone to do.

Does anyone know where/if I can buy this now? The Eventbrite link doesn't work anymore.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

poor life choice posted:

Deelee's weirdo laugh is like the Wonder Woman power stance of making noises. if you're having a bad day just square up toward a sleeping pet with your hands on your waist and just go "hee hee hee HEE HEE hee hee heeee" until you're feeling better.

At first I found that laugh annoying but it grew on me real quick.

I wound up dropping out of Come At The King and then binging it all at once, and I would up really liking it. Largely because of the general commitment to letting Smellulus become just totally irredeemable. But maybe my favorite bit was how they totally rolled with the dragon falling genuinely, inexplicably in love with Smellulus, to her complete consternation.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Thrilled with this result.

Snake Professional: What can we say about you that hasn't been said before? Cool as a cucumber and many times as tall, you're as mysterious as you are beloved. But are you trustworthy? Depends on who you ask. But you're asking me and I'm telling you straight: unclear

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Was not prepared for what any of these folks look like.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Oh yay I had thought this was an off-week for some reason!

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Holy poo poo the song!!! This is my favourite podcast ever

On first listen I didn't even realize it was written for the episode, I thought it was from some cool band I'd never heard of like in Riddle Guy. It absolutely got stuck in my head.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Stroop There It Is posted:

help, I have had Ding Dong stuck in my head since I listened to that episode

GOD SAME

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
That whole bit with Splish-Splash was absolutely wonderful. That shift from "Stirfry is loving around in a flying machine offscreen" to "Stirfry desperately tries to convince himself that his true love is standing in front of him while all his friends gently beg him to realize she's not real" - jesus! I was not expecting that level of genuine emotion from an episode that began with Jerry the Dog.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Please, if anything he's smooth sharks guy

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
This episode has made me want to subscribe to the Patreon more than any other episode. I make very little money but should probably just do it, I can always cancel...

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I know nothing about classical music so I usually miss the allusions in the score, but I do know banjo music and I immediately recognized the theme that played whenever Stirfry and what's-her-face were together as Banks of the Ohio, which is about a man who murders his lover by pushing her into a river. So the whole time I was waiting for that hammer to drop. It was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think this is my first christmas season since I started listening to rude tales, and I have to say, it's really hard to hear god rest ye merry gentlemen without cracking up a little

CHRIST, SAME. I work in the office of a park with a big winter attraction and every day for weeks, we've had a team of old-timey carolers who do their wardrobe and warmups in the conference room directly behind my desk. It's been driving me absolutely insane hearing that song at work constantly.