Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
this stupid boner podcast was so heartwarming i cried a little during this episode lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

If you're relatively new to Voidburger, you need to go read the Silent Hill saga asap because it's internet gold

i think this is the most recent voidburger thing i am aware of, where did she cross into the mainstream from dead gay forums

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

i started listening to fun city just to get more taylor, dude is fuckin hysterical

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ghost with a Boner coming in out of nowhere during the climax of one of the shows best arcs was incredible.

this actually made me happy cry the first time i listened to it lol

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

well i could, and i did, and i loved it

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

iirc he sounds identical to the bartender at the ball pit in the first few eps of fun city? my headcanon is theyre related lol

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

Haven’t listened to Rude Tales in a year or so, so I decided to start over. Just got done with the Riddle Guy arc, still absolutely amazing.

ive said it before in this very thread but "it sphinx in here" is the best listen in the whole show

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

Do not skip Fightstar, it is drat good.

a drat fine these those indeed. the energy is unhinged to the point liberty balboa winds up mostly the straight man

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Swan Boy readers and fellow unemployable shut-ins, we now know Noel's forums account.

the cyhsy avatar is an incredible touch

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

i havent tried to browse unlogged in like 10 years, did the word filters get removed at some point?

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

fun city is INCREDIBLY good & leans so far left that several patreon aftershows have redacted sections due to discussions of revolutionary violence, which i appreciate

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

both miniseries are their own thing narratively & tonally as opposed to the neo-noir cyberpunky feel of the base game. float city is far future scifi stuff, cozy city is a murder, she wrote ttrpg (really). i havent listened to either bc theyre kind of outside my sphere of interest but i hear good things!

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

VoidBurger posted:

Extremely hosed up thing to say about the guy who plays a character we would all die for (and by posting in this thread, we legally consent to this)

:yeah:

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

i bet its branson

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I could swear it came up in an early episode (maybe a rude talks, but I don't think so because I didn't sub until late) where they were joking about how stirfry is a maniac and someone said something like "but i'm sure all our listeners are gonna be like 'i would die for stirfry'"

that said it would surprise me not at all to learn that at least one of the cast is a goon and reads the thread (hello if i'm right, love the show, big fan)

chris, taylor (RIP) & maybe branson have accts iirc

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I mean the reason Chris got internet famous is because he turned his forums handle into a webcomic.

oh yes, dr. mcninja fanart is the... third? ish thing i ever posted on the internet, eons ago

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

im always surprised to hear branson talk about the fan reaction to hot roddy bc hes one of my favorite characters in anything ever

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

kc green & cohen edenfield? yeah okay ill bite

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I just found out Tim Platt had a podcast kind of in the vein of A Podcast for Laundry where the host character's life is ruined by the podcast. Hampton High

it is extremely loving good albeit occasionally brutal. branson pops up as his older brother occasionally & its exactly like you would think it is

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

Anyone else wistfully reminiscing about all the places they've listened to Rude Tales over the years, on the eve before the final ep of this campaign? :unsmith:

I know this isn't the END end, but it still feels a little melancholy. I mean, this poo poo started right before COVID, so it already sticks out in my mind at being "from the before times" while also carrying me through the pandemic in a weird way

rude tales deffo got me through the worst of the pandemic & im having Emotions about the finale being out but i havent listened yet

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

Good job Stirf :unsmith:

i really thoroughly enjoyed the finale, especially virginia avoiding the ultimate dark fate of "being a cop," but im a little crestfallen stirfry just never really interacted with the main cast again

also, voidb, skulltenders kicks rear end so far. visk is appreciably tim platt coded while also doing their own thing & i love that!!!

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

i was so into the class dismissed characters & storyline that come at the king annoyed me initially but in retrospect its so obviously one of the highest peaks of the last few years of output

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

One day I’ll wake up and see a new episode of Oh These… in my feed with Carboat Bin Laden in it :unsmith:

dont put dangerous dreams in my head

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Feels like he could show up as a guest in piss harbor maybe, the format lends itself to the possibility of a low-commitment appearance

wheelbarrow of salt but i read (unsourced) that the taylor breakup was "acrimonious as hell" so i wouldnt expect anything. thats hearsay & id love to be wrong!

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Big Mac posted:

I'm glad we got the Casketshowroom special on the These Those patreon feed while we still could. I relistened to it recently - listening to that while driving is taking your life into your own hands.

agreed that this is peak these those & an insanely good parting gift from the t. moore camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

god this ep was crazy good. cohen & voidburger are consistent showstoppers. if i hadnt been following skulltendies from the beginning i would be now