Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ok I'll be the one to say it: Stirfry is good, but de Bonesby is S tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Was DTS voiced by someone of note? I saw some reactions about the VA but I didn’t recognize the voice.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Rude Tales of Magic: Ride or DIE for Stirfry

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wonder how much of the plot swerve was due to them realizing this sub campaign may have to go longer than expected due to this being a country of fuckups.

Edit: The US that is, not the other one.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 29, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I sincerely appreciate the show’s intense love of weird southern bullshit. We need more Senator Pepsi once we get back to the prime story.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’d like to get my hands on one of those sonic youth shirts they have but they’re limited to the top tier of the Patreon and that’s limited to like 100 folks. I’d be down to throw 30 bucks at them for my level of enjoyment plus the cost of a shirt but it’s super annoying that I can’t unless someone drops.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

iirc, folks at the highest tier get some level of input on the creative process and also get those character sheet thingies. I'd assume they don't want to blow out their time accommodating all that and want to cap it off. That said, let me buy the drat shirt.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I hadn’t joined but it’s certainly worth a shot. I wonder if I could sweet talk them into a bundle with one of the live show tickets.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Boy you sure can just order that thing. Shipping is a bit much, but that’s not on RT.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Now that I think about it, what episode is that shirt referencing anyway? I don’t honestly recall off the top of my head.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Getting a shirt referencing a album I only know through memes, for a band I don’t listen to, featuring content that’s not actually in the podcast it’s from is somehow very on brand for me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Party Boat posted:

I'm kind of torn because I loved how expertly Tim was able to make Smellulous completely pathetic. I felt like the bits with the jester were pulled from personal experience of lovely improv partners / audiences

I was going to say, I appreciate them taking a quarter of the episode to read a transcript from almost any improv group meeting.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Iirc it will be recorded and available for folks unable to make it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Wow I can't believe they got the rights to all this.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You have to pay :5bux: to but a ticket to get a URL to an unlisted Youtube stream, but that's available to anyone to do.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You probably can't but they may have it so you can buy access to the VOD after the fact.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Props to the crew for sneaking in a stealth Aquabats joke for the Cum at the King finale. The escape from planet time show was decent, but an open ended time travel plot may not have been the best call for a live show.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Not gonna lie, I like this shirt design but the quality of the material leaves a bit to be desired. Oh well.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wonder if that is still up. They didn’t really go out of their way to lock down the elf lord store so it’s possible they’re still there if you have the URL.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ah bummer. You’d think they’d keep it up at a higher price or whatever, but w/e.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

loving Diarrhea Planet was an inspired choice. Never thought that would pop up.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

redcheval posted:

I now reveal THE REAL reason for my inquiry into this matter...

It’s cause I wanted to make a cute cartoon of it

God drat, you and Das Boo need to get together and collabo/fight to the death. I don’t really understand how art do, but that’s some good stuff. Love what you did with the colors!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Holy poo poo how did you get followed by Alton goddamn Brown and do you teach classes on how to accomplish it?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

goblin week posted:

THUNDERLINGUS RULES PRESENT TENSE

extremely good audio mixing this episode

Oh poo poo did they bring back Diarrhea Planet back for an encore?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ah bummer, hopefully we’ll get an orchestral Ghost With A Boner reprise in some dramatic character moment later in the show. Statement is still true though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You should tweet that at one of the crew, they love listener art and fans of diarrhea planet.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wonder if them saving HR is going to cause an Ivan situation where they have a NPC tagging along for longer than intended. They already had him do a heroic sacrifice once.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

All three are De Bonesby. Next question.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Not many podcasts could pull off Ghost With A Boner and have it work.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is what's going on with the Witchhunter's assistant explained earlier? I assume being a demonic vessel didn't do well for him. Though Cheddar hasn't really messed up other people he's hopped into.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Did not have accordion covers of ChumbaWamba and Black and Tans on my DnD podcast bingo board, but here we are.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh interesting. I was wondering how’d they handle RT’s story ending as it seems to have a pretty clear arc and conclusion in mind. Making each “season” or whatever it’s own podcast is a neat way to handle it. Though I’m used to how the McElroys do things so who knows if that’s novel or not.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh I didn’t mean that. I mean that Rude Takes has an ending and wasn’t intended to be an in perpetuity sort of thing. Do they have a “brand” or umbrella term or whatever that all their stuff falls under?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The phrase “We’ve got all the time in the world” prompted a very quick check of the time left in the episode.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I appreciate them leaving in the rest of the cast cracking up at Tim tims all over the place.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Rude Tales of Magic: Stirfry Orgasms

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://youtu.be/qsmZbVuiPpQ

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It only just occurred to me that Catholicism and The Pope are in cannon for Rude Tales’s world, so the usage of Black and Tans in the recent episodes has some implications.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I didn’t know “Boy” had Greek roots. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That one got me good as well. The sound work is all quite good as is the “score” of the podcast. Going to be a absolute bitch to license all of that when they get around to the movie.