Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bee Keeper
Dec 29, 2010

Sic Transit Gloria
This will be my third Goon corpse... I wish I had the examples of the other two but I don't have access to the account. Though if you've taken part before, many people did, you know what this is. But if not...
:mufasa:
:siren:
What is an exquisite corpse?
An EC is a project where one person draws a picture inside of a predetermined amount of space, and then when they are complete, I edit the image so you only get to see a sliver of what the last person had drawn. From that, you draw your own picture in your space, connecting to the sliver you've been given. At the end, I sew them all together and post the final product.

For example, if the first person posted was this:

The next person would get this:

The sizes will be different though. That was just an example so people understand if they arent familiar. The size people will be working with will be 400x400px.

Usually, I give people like a week to finish their images... but since everyone's for the most part free, and want to get things done... No limit on how long it takes you

To Get Things Started
Just post here saying you're in...then
Send an email to SAexquisiteart@gmail.com

Just tell me your username, and I will run this as a first come first serve basis. Once the cutoff has hit, I will post the names of the participants in this thread.

:laugh:Have FUN! :laugh:

EDIT 1
:viggo: Sorry, just a few rules :viggo:

1. Make sure that you post in this thread and also the email provided.
2. Do not alter the size of the box you are given to work with, or it wont fit and I cant include it
3. Do not draw entirely over the sliver of art that you are given on the side/top of art. entirely. if you're creative ill seam it together.

Bee Keeper fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I am "in"?

Bee Keeper
Dec 29, 2010

Sic Transit Gloria
cool. Though a few people are signing up through the email without posting anything here. I need both so I know you're actually a goon.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Is this still happening? Don't tell me the mighty CC forum is afraid of filling 400 measly little pixels!

Bee Keeper
Dec 29, 2010

Sic Transit Gloria
its happening... it's never taken this long for sign ups, strangely. I've sent you yours. you did great... sometimes people get nervous, but you don't have to be a good artist to do this, the mix of talent and creativity is what makes it work.

Bee Keeper fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 17, 2020

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I'm just teasin', this is a fun project. Thanks OP!

Bee Keeper
Dec 29, 2010

Sic Transit Gloria
last bump. You guys dont need to worry about your timeline, or your talent, you just need to scribble something for us. It would be special.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

lol I remember the last time I did one of these here. It was right after I registered, so probably 04. My submission wasn't very good but it was fun to be a part of something. I'm in.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Also, idk if this is helpful or not, but if you want to participate but don't have photoshop, paint dot net is a cool free alternative that has a lot of cool functionality.

e: but i mean, you could create a submission just with mspaint as well, like you don't need anything fancy

Bee Keeper
Dec 29, 2010

Sic Transit Gloria

clammy posted:

Also, idk if this is helpful or not, but if you want to participate but don't have photoshop, paint dot net is a cool free alternative that has a lot of cool functionality.

e: but i mean, you could create a submission just with mspaint as well, like you don't need anything fancy

Every medium works, ill somehow edit them together. Thats the easy part. Did you send an email? im about to send out the next round

Bee Keeper
Dec 29, 2010

Sic Transit Gloria
alright friend... i sent you the next sliver. soon we'll be doing top and left which are fun. Send it back when you're done, have fun.

:shroom:

I wish i could show you guys the progress, but it spoils it. I promise to rush piecing it together, its just about the entires.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

i sent you my tile, sorry for the delay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

is this still happening? :)