Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Plan implemented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

OZ has gone to ground.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Interesting!

How does GY to O6 East sound? We keep OZ mostly pinned, and also get a chance to steal another cube.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

PMush Perfect posted:

Interesting!

How does GY to O6 East sound? We keep OZ mostly pinned, and also get a chance to steal another cube.

I like it. It also improves our flexibility by making G4 movable.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Interesting!

Seems good

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Interesting!

Wouldn't that just allow them to win with OY to O6 top?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Maigius posted:

Wouldn't that just allow them to win with OY to O6 top?

you can't move diagonally and change plane / level / etc. They would have to stop somewhere else first.

It is worth noting that some of their responses to this play mean we have to be careful where we land though.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

SoftNum posted:

you can't move diagonally and change plane / level / etc. They would have to stop somewhere else first.

It is worth noting that some of their responses to this play mean we have to be careful where we land though.

I must have misunderstood the diagonal movement rules then. I agree with GY to O6 east then.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

OK

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Orange into space!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Interesting! We're not in danger, but it's kind of a standoff. Nobody really wants to be the first one to move, but I think I have a plan: GZ to G3 South.

There are only three moves for OY that don't end in checkmate: O2 East, O4 South, and O1 East. None of them seems particularly good for Orange.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Interesting! We're not in danger, but it's kind of a standoff. Nobody really wants to be the first one to move, but I think I have a plan: GZ to G3 South.

There are only three moves for OY that don't end in checkmate: O2 East, O4 South, and O1 East. None of them seems particularly good for Orange.

Yeah this seems about like the best way to advance our position without losing.

Also Orange is now Team Rocket.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

PMush Perfect posted:

Makes sense. I assume O1 and O4 aren't actually supposed to have separated from the adjacent column.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I agree this plan.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

EasilyConfused posted:

I assume O1 and O4 aren't actually supposed to have separated from the adjacent column.
Oops!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

They're shuffling

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Called it!

Okay, what about moving G4?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Move G4 to below O1 South, maybe? With the nub pointing upward, that also lets us threaten O1, especially if they move OZ.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Move G4 to below O1 South, maybe? With the nub pointing upward, that also lets us threaten O1, especially if they move OZ.

Is this allowed? I was under the impression that blocks had to "nub into" something when moved, but I could be wrong.

Moves I see that don't lose:
GY can go to G4 or G5 (Any traversal onto O6 loses)
GZ can really only go to G3W., This opens up the pawns options for next turn but doesn't really advance position?
G4 can move on top of O2... that allows O to move the pawn onto it but they can't really move FROM that position. IDK if they'll take the bait or what.
G4 to O1S would need the dome pointing E? To avoid freeing OZ to threaten capture? I would assume we're setting up ..OZ->G1 GZ->O4..OZ->O1Cap GZ-G4 Cap ?

Just kind of spitballing ideas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SoftNum posted:

Is this allowed? I was under the impression that blocks had to "nub into" something when moved, but I could be wrong.
I'm 85% sure that using O1's South nub counts for that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It does. Any interlocking is good for a cube.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I think that sounds like an effective plan.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I'm good with that too

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I think, I'll change shot angles next time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

OZ is coming up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is an extremely interesting position we're in.

With OZ off the bottom horizontal, GZ to O1 East feels like it could be a good play? Effectively pins OY in place. Even if they go back down to threaten a win, we can just move right back and we're no worse for wear, and the impetus is on them all over again.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

PMush Perfect posted:

With OZ off the bottom horizontal, GZ to O1 East feels like it could be a good play? Effectively pins OY in place. Even if they go back down to threaten a win, we can just move right back and we're no worse for wear, and the impetus is on them all over again.

I'm ok with this. GY is trapped and I'm not seeing any great cube moves.

The danger is that it doesn't directly threaten them anywhere, so they have a lot of options.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

GZ to O3W forces OZ to move. I'm not sure that's a great play but it certainly is one.

G4 on top of O2 with knob pointing E traps OY, but I don't think otherwise advances our position.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I like mine because it’s at least creating pressure, but that might just be me being stubborn

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

SoftNum posted:

GZ to O3W forces OZ to move. I'm not sure that's a great play but it certainly is one.

GZ can't move to O3W because of nob on G6W.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

This looks like a good move to me.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Maigius posted:

This looks like a good move to me.

Yeah I agree with this move.

EasilyConfused posted:

GZ can't move to O3W because of nob on G6W.

Oh I meant G3W. But per above if everyone else is OK with the O1 move I'm down we should do that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Everyone's migrated east.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

G4 -> O2 frees OY to move, at least.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

SoftNum posted:

G4 -> O2 frees OY to move, at least.

They can't move our cubes, so we're safe from that.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Maigius posted:

They can't move our cubes, so we're safe from that.

Hahah I missed it was their move.

I meant GY to move not OY. Lolol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

You've got one move: do it or die.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I think we have to move GY to G2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Would GY to O6 West work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Would GY to O6 West work?

It would for OZ but would leave us open to OY.