Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So I am goofing about with Shulk, Dunban, and Riki and the party banter is the best.

Dunban: Mighty Heropon, I can see that you're in pain.
Riki: Hmph, nothing can beat Riki!
Shulk: Dunban, you're embarrassing Riki!

That and Riki shouting "Everyone did good!" has catapulted him to my favorite character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

Jeez the citizens of Alcamoth sure seem to have a problem about dropping their treasured possessions on the ground...

Their city is also about 3x bigger than it needs to be, considering how many of them there are. I've spent so much time running between them.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Started Xenoblade Chronicles DE this evening and there's an update for it.

Here's a list I found of possible updates

– Turning off tutorial popups also turns off the casual mode popup.
– Fixed NG+ affinity coin underflow.
– Fixed an inconsistency with auto-attack delay.
– Fixed a softlock if the player falls off a cliff before a vision.
– Seems to have fixed new Tephra Cave skip.
– Fixed some Uniques running away too easily.
– Fixed some cutscene musics/GFX.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Is there a way to get the definitive edition soundtrack without having bought the shiny collector's edition?

Some days you just want to listen to the Gaur Plains theme on repeat.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

So I finally finished this over the weekend, love that yet another XC game includes a cooking contest. Now I'm going to be disappointed if the next Monolithsoft game doesn't include one.

If and when they do release a soundtrack, Chain Attack better be 20 minutes long. Best battle music since Future Connected's disco flute.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The entire Xenoblade Chronicles fanbase argument, in 2 minutes. With Biden, Trump, and Obama done by fake AI voices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/11bjev3/biden_and_trump_aregue_about_xenoblade_chronicles/

"The Nopon made a sex robot" broke me a little.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

It's a really cool trailer that shows off more of what exactly to expect. I was eating a very nice pasta I made and then had to start screaming becAUSE IT COMES OUT NEXT FUCKIGN TUESDAY

I know, right? I was like oh, beefy Shulk, is that a baby Melia, new trailer... Rex is gonna show 'em a thing or three, killer cello move, wait is that the third core? Colony 9 don't look too good... Hey, I recognize that orbital platform...

4/25/2023

WHAT?! NEXT GODDAMN WEEK?!?

I feel a sick day or two coming on.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Quoting this for new page, reminds me of the Future Connected theme in all the best ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqGq0rZ5LU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

I forgot how much I love Colony Mu. And how into potato farming Zeon is. I was trying to get (endgame spoilers) Nia's ascencion quest, but turns out I need to get someone to level cap on her class first so i ended up doing a bunch of sidestuff in Colony Mu and that's just so good. We invented croquettes :3:

Building a better Aionios through the power of the potato!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I am just a few minutes in, but the stats on the map are such a great upgrade.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Torna made me understand a lot of Jin’s backstory and motivation that wasn’t really spelled out in XC2. Also, super-jazzy battle theme!!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

OK so the bit in Chapter 3 where you go back to the original Colony 9, complete with music, buildings, the old gem furnace, and animals touched me more than I expected.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

What all of this discussion leaves out is that Eunie's the buss...

Also I do hope we get more Xenoblade stuff in Tears of the Kingdom. If Link had the Monado he would be far too powerful, but he could have Taion's sweet, sweet scarf.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

isk posted:

Counterpoint:

YIPPIE

Counter-counter point:

"I used my thinking muscles for this one!"

Mio's rebuttal:

"Your fate was sealed when you rose against us!"

Time to listen to the 15-minute extended Chain Attack theme. Again.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I wonder if enough time has passed that I could do a full replay of all the games? It might be that time again. REYN TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

My Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack set arrived today! Finally! I was starting to get a little worried.