Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Azran posted:

I loving love the fact that the nicest dude on the roster was named SION BLOODWALKER

To be fair his family might be the worst which is impressive in a world with the LeBlancs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

Alisa can pretty much solo anything in the game.

I’d bet most characters, properly tricked out, could solo the game, honestly. Toughest would probably be Ray. And Bianca and Anne may struggle with the super bosses? But otherwise:

Avalon/cursed sword Albus
Battlemage Sion
Battlemage Irene
Stone throwing rock castle witch Anne
Sweeper Heixing? Issues with destrons and Mungo King, maybe
Giselle - not sure
DDR Leton
Kylie — double drone engineer. If that’s not allowed, attack engineer with lots of spirit masteries?
Rogue or Ninja would work for Misty.
Barb Alissa
Bianca — not sure

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Giselle is by far the easiest to solo the game with if you let her use her beasts.

For the others: depends on the difficulty setting. Albus and Alisa seem easiest to me besides Giselle.

Walh Hara fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 10, 2023

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Sion black mage is surprisingly good solo, so long as you can keep the pain train going.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Fruits of the sea posted:

Sion black mage is surprisingly good solo, so long as you can keep the pain train going.

True. Bianca is (even) better at one-shot-one-kill deleting a map though.

By the way, unpopular opinion: I think on high difficulty White Knight Alisa is more relieable than Barbarian.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Perhaps, but you don't get the irreplaceable joy of Wildcat Engine.

Edit: I should clarify: one of my favorite builds early-mid game was Martial Artist Irene focused on counterattacks and getting AT back from counterattack kills, but that sort of became useless once they started introducing more ranged or uncounterable enemies with the White Tiger gang, and it hasn't got any better since then. So Alisa being able to run around and effectively "counterattack" ranged enemies with Wildcat Engine is me getting my revenge on them.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 10, 2023

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Clarste posted:

Perhaps, but you don't get the irreplaceable joy of Wildcat Engine.

Edit: I should clarify: one of my favorite builds early-mid game was Martial Artist Irene focused on counterattacks and getting AT back from counterattack kills, but that sort of became useless once they started introducing more ranged or uncounterable enemies with the White Tiger gang, and it hasn't got any better since then. So Alisa being able to run around and effectively "counterattack" ranged enemies with Wildcat Engine is me getting my revenge on them.

Ha, that's why I like Negoori so much! A lot of beasts are really strong, but the frogs having a ranged melee attack that works with Counterattack is such an unique and unbalanced mechanic. I think the draki, crabmit, and mungo violent case maps would all be more difficult if you replaced the enemies with high level Negoori with decent builds.

But if we're talking about what's most fun to play (and still good) instead of what's most optimal, then I'd put the frogs lower for the same reason why I find Barbarian not that fun either: you sometimes just have to watch them kill enemies without input for a long time before it's your turn again. Builds that get to play really often or chain kills are my favourite, as well as those with high risk/reward.

With regards to the last violent case map: I actually dont like it that much because of the layout. There's too much backtracking and empty corridors. The new beasts and the machine are cool though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

While I figure out builds I’m grinding the quests from that weird walk-about area. Those quests give me points to my “company level” (currently level 2) which appears to be different from my troubleshooter grade (iron).

Does company level do anything? Is it just a counter?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Just a remnant from their MMO plans IIRC

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Walh Hara posted:

Ha, that's why I like Negoori so much! A lot of beasts are really strong, but the frogs having a ranged melee attack that works with Counterattack is such an unique and unbalanced mechanic. I think the draki, crabmit, and mungo violent case maps would all be more difficult if you replaced the enemies with high level Negoori with decent builds.

But if we're talking about what's most fun to play (and still good) instead of what's most optimal, then I'd put the frogs lower for the same reason why I find Barbarian not that fun either: you sometimes just have to watch them kill enemies without input for a long time before it's your turn again. Builds that get to play really often or chain kills are my favourite, as well as those with high risk/reward.

With regards to the last violent case map: I actually dont like it that much because of the layout. There's too much backtracking and empty corridors. The new beasts and the machine are cool though.

Ha, I’m the exact opposite. I love watching Alissa slice through a bunch of enemies without any input. Nothing like plopping her in the middle of a bunch of deeply annoying enemies like Red Sand Rangers, and cackling as they keep shooting her for 1 damage, only to get bisected in response.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I am 100% on team "it's a delight to watch Alisa go Guts on everything".

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bianca posted:

Yeah, I am 100% on team "it's a delight to watch Alisa go Guts on everything".

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

“What’s that? A group of enemies with resistance shot, supporting fire, punishing shot, and automatic overwatch? Sure would be shame if a woman with a huge sword who gets free actions when hit wandered by…”

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sharing future development plan

tl;dr: final content drop for Crimson Crow on October 21st, apologies for taking a break during the Holidays, sequel will follow Spoonists in a new game engine, one or two years until early access release. TS1 will still receive updates in the meantime.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also confirmed that they are cutting down on the feature creep for the sequel, cutting out unnecessary stuff and focusing on the good parts. Of course it remains to be seen what they consider those good parts to be.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Am hyped for troubleshooter 2

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I too am hyped for Troubleshooter 2: A Spoonist Bard

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I just hope they can afford an actual translator.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Gonna be interesting to roll with the Spoonists. Think Carter will be the new main protagonist or someone else (likely a new character in that case) in the spoonists?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like we'd probably start with someone new, both for the gameplay reason of starting at level 1 and because I can't really imagine Carter being a main protagonist. Someone who joins mid-game, maybe.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the new main character.... john!!!

they should do a lady main for sequel, spoon lady.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

the new main character.... john!!!

they should do a lady main for sequel, spoon lady.

They should have lady main and put Carter on the cover and banner and then you have to play for 20 hours to unlock him as reparation to people who bought Troubleshooter for Irene.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh i like that, people do find carter attractive apparently so that seems like a really effective idea

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
In that section of the story where albus gets shot in the head and is fine, I actually briefly thought he was going to die and irene would have to learn to be a leader and take over as protagonist because she featured so heavily in the marketing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ZearothK posted:

They should have lady main and put Carter on the cover and banner and then you have to play for 20 hours to unlock him as reparation to people who bought Troubleshooter for Irene.

karmic balance

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
rather than hyped, my emotional reaction to this news is really just relief that dandylion is actually going to make banished children and not just going to put out dlc until they go out of business

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

the DLC is complete, BTW, you can play the whole story of TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children: Crimson Crow now.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Oh nice I didn't notice that they finished it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm glad(?) they gave us even dumber robots to fight.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

the future is an increasingly dumber robot forever stomping on a human face

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Finished the game. I now have 462 hours in this game. My first campaign I didn't complete, but afterwards I did 3 campaigns until the end with increasing difficulty (so 4 in total).

The final map was a bit easy, certainly compared with the previous story mission. But I understand that they didn't want to do the same thing again. I lost two heroes to getting one-shot, but when you have numerical parity it's too easy to stop the enemies from being dangerous with AT delay + confusion protocol. The shield destron ran out of fuel before running out of health.

Probably not going to play again for a long time since there's no way to further increase the difficulty besides self-imposed challenges.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
Is there any good way to damage your own teammates? I thought I'd try using poison grenades to get the desired effect but apparently my water resist is way to high and it keeps getting auto cured.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
A question regarding gear: what if I have the likes of Albus and Sion still using level 15 gear in their 35s?
Is this going to be an issue? Playing on hard, I've managed to scrape by so far but it feels more it's because I've squeezed every drop from dodge and block chance, but I'm starting to get in the realms of one-shot-land.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If gear is starting to become a issue you might wanna look into crafting.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Char posted:

A question regarding gear: what if I have the likes of Albus and Sion still using level 15 gear in their 35s?
Is this going to be an issue? Playing on hard, I've managed to scrape by so far but it feels more it's because I've squeezed every drop from dodge and block chance, but I'm starting to get in the realms of one-shot-land.

There are some unique pieces of equipment that gives some really good modifiers for a long time , like Eluote for Albus (may be what you are even referring to), but for the majority of equipment, you will need to farm from certain enemies and/or craft some sets.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Getting one-shot whenever you fail to dodge or block is pretty much the default state of the game at higher level.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
once you start fighting white tigers a basic glass cannon build isn't going to cut it. a really good min/maxed glass cannon build still can, but otherwise you need some defensive masteries.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Speaking of, what are some builds that get through the final mission? I 100% stonewalled there, as I've been playing pretty interminently for the last two years and have lost the optimization brain that would let me thrive there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013

JamMasterJim posted:

There are some unique pieces of equipment that gives some really good modifiers for a long time , like Eluote for Albus (may be what you are even referring to), but for the majority of equipment, you will need to farm from certain enemies and/or craft some sets.

No, it's random blues from level 15 mostly, I'm stuck on some obscure material I need to farm.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

once you start fighting white tigers a basic glass cannon build isn't going to cut it. a really good min/maxed glass cannon build still can, but otherwise you need some defensive masteries.

My One Weird Trick currently is Martial Artist Irene, specced fully into her Hero masteries, taking over half the map by herself. White Tiger hoodlums hate this trick!
Irene's really cool.