Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

POV you tried attack Sion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The masteries that improve drop chance works only for that character or for the entire squad?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

gently caress.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Well now there are to many and my friendships are being torn asunder!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sion just smoked Anne the second he appeared so at least has learned a few things.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ray is a complete monster, she is wiping out entire maps alone at this point.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Special Armor is annoying on enemies, but once you can put it on your own bots oh boy. I have a flamer bot that lives forever, confuses enemies when it crits and gives out helpful napalm shakes every time someone attacks me or I attack them. And every time it moves it automatically goes into overwatch.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The gangs story kinda wraps up but there is a lot of other plots that never resolve in season 1

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Do some of the snipers on that map just bypass magic armor/block? Sion just got completely wrecked by some support fire.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Bear in mind a lot of the unique monsters have masteries you can only get by taming then and leveling them up. The 3 golden beasts and the Grey Yasha comes to mind.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

On that note what are your best tips for taming.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You have to starlight the beast after the taming has started.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It is extremely not allowed now. It will fail the capture immediately.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Post your barbarian builds mine all suck.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Akratic Method posted:

If I'm going to give this a shot coming from XCOM, what are some things I should know? I'm not afraid of Engrish or anime styling, just mainly interested comparisons of tactical depth or the style of gameplay encouraged/required.

Play on hard and use the "more masteries" company expertize. Don't burn yourself out grinding at low levels but also don't be afraid of doing some side stuff to get gear now and then.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Also the penalties for failing are very mild and there is no permadeath.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You need to craft zweihanders.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kobal2 posted:

I'm still missing a few key masteries to make this work (notably Brazenface & Sophistry - do those drop in the DLC ?), but in the meantime replacing Prior Planning with Anger Strike works very well - as long as someone's shooting at her, a whole lot of someones are getting hurt along the way. She can basically solo an entire side of a map that way. Works a treat in Draki's Nest.

Speaking of, is there a way to tame those fuckers ? Wouldn't spit on a ranged earth pet.

They drop from the skulls in V46.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kobal2 posted:

One caveat : while Challenge Mode increases the levels of the enemies and the XP they give ; the loot of a given mission never improves. Ultimately doesn't really matter since the best gear is crafted anyway ; but all other things being equal if you find yourself lagging behind equipment-wise or hanging on to an outdated piece of gear, maybe do a purple mission of your max level or two - not only will enemies drop better gear for a similar time/effort investment, but loot crates on the map will too (and purple missions are the only ones to have the blue/grey crates that drop better_than_green loot)

Never play on anything lower than hard unless you are going for a specific thing.

You can get some nice stuff from the high level violent missions.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

A little tip is to try to get all the achievements for extra story content.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My absolute favorite moment is when Bianca and Alisa join the company and Sion isn't there so they convince themselves that he's the real brain of the operation and then later when he shows up he's just his regular old self and they are just like ????

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tae posted:

Her weapons drop the same as everyone else, last time I played.

Her two builds are either super robot master with stats or unlimited spell master with the right rotation.

You need to craft Kylies weapons, you are probably thinking of Ray.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

As a side note getting the reboot skill for Kylie is a game changer, never run out of her best stuff. I'm running her as a hacker and when Overload kicks in and i get to activate admin mode and get all her skills it's just mayhem. The reactive matrix on spider hell is insanely funny.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'll just wait for the next update then.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Yeah don't worry about it, only thing you are missing out on is trading with other players.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok into the game enough to get the warehouse (I'm going to assume the workshop they're talking about is a later upgrade).
This game seems glorious in many ways but also it has a ton of mechanics and doesn't do the best job of explaining them (I don't know how I'm supposed to actually research masteries).
And yeah, the first missions are really easy. But then Shark comes along and OHKOs Sion and makes me feel like a complete idiot.

You get new masteries by leveling classes, finishing enemies in the troubleshooter list, and a few exclusive ones are gotten from specific choices in story missions and achievements.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

And remove the dialouge for opening chests, after like lvl 5 you should never care about the items in the chests.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It does feel like they are tuning difficulty for the min maxed builds people have come up with.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just mainline the story and you will get your rear end kicked again in no time.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mainline story missions and only do sidestuff when you feel like it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Office romance is never a good idea, try to keep it professional people.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can just replay all the story missions.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

What does this mean exactly?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Wowe that V54 mission is no joke. I did get Bens sword out of it though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

PunkBoy posted:

Glad you're enjoying it! I also remember it taking a bit to get Irene, but I don't think you'll have to wait too much longer?

Also, we need a Sickos meme, but Troubleshooter related. Who would fit best?

Irene but instead of sickos it's heroes

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Look up how to get dragons for some fun pets.

The Draki King absolutely carried me on the last story mission, due to the aoe reaction attack every time someone targeted Gisele, every time someone activated a trap or every time Giselle attacked someone.

well that and Leton and his ice grenades

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

skaianDestiny posted:

A friend of mine is going through the story, which story missions had different mastery rewards based on dialogues/options chosen?

A lot of them have chevos attached.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Misty is disgustingly powerful if you get her speed up.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hipster Occultist posted:

The fact that they never really dig into the whole "yeah I've got a 14 year old throwing magical starlight at vicious criminals instead of going to school" always kinda made me scratch my head a bit.

Honestly I'm more impressed the devs put her in a parka instead of in a skimpy outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Azran posted:

Isn't crafting the only way to get better Kylie weapons? It sucks.

In general the game is full of redundant or barely-relevant systems (vendor reputation, items no character can use yet they are still on the loot tables for some reason, having to pay rent and salaries, crafting levels, pet keeper, identifying items, a trillion crafting mats, etc.) It's charming but somewhat grating, thankfully the game's combat and customization is just top notch so it makes up for it.

The game started out as a mobile game, lot's of those systems are from that era.