Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Transient People posted:

The story is excellent, idk what y'all are on

It benefits a lot from doing a second runthrough, because it's A) achronological, and B) asks you to fill in a lot of blanks because a lot of times it works by implication. The translation makes this harder than it should be, but even so it's fairly easy to dig deeper into it and have some :asoiaf: moments.

For example (MAJOR STORY SPOILERS) The moment you realize the leader of the Spoonists was actually the bodyguard to Bianca's grandfather, who infiltrated on his order and then went native and tried to save the cult with the info he had, you go HOLY poo poo. When you then take that info and play through the scene where John and Carter talk to each other, you suddenly realize why John trusted 'some random' -- 'Sharky' was actually the second of three leaders of the cult, and John is hoping that Carter will grow to take care of the flock just as Robert, the second Sharky, did, because he feels like he's not qualified to be a leader compared to Carter, Robert or Ramjist, and he knows the cult needs a wildcard at the helm who can do something Edward doesn't expect to stop them from getting massacred as part of his plans. There's a billion other moments like that sprinkled throughout the game and every single one is a massive dopamine rush as you piece together the full story of the Abandoned Children project. It's practically an extra game layer unto itself and it owns owns owns.

Oh thank you, I pieced that together but wasn't entirely sure I had it right, glad to see it confirmed.

Another spoiler question: Carter's deal with Edward: Carter's job was just doing the high-profile terrorist attacks, right? In order to stir up chaos and allow the Troubleshooters to swoop in and save everyone? It's when he kills Sharky 2 that he breaks with Edward.

Do we know what he asked for in the original deal with Edward?

I want to second the attention to detail given to the minor villains being a big asset. It's not Ulysses, of course, but I really appreciated the care given to the criminals our heroes spend the game sending to Arkham. It would have been easy to have Bad Guy Who Loves Crime, but instead we get the scene with Turk and Na-am's doomed BBQ cart, Berke covering for the underlings by giving bad news to the boss, and even the last stand of Caohong.

On party member chat, it's funny that the member of the all-female anarchist guerilla art collective is probably the most heterosexual woman on the team.

Also, I just completed the Yasha Queen mission I think I saw people discussing here, and yikes, poor Albus. Probably traumatized by standing in a doorway and slaughtering a few dozen newborn spiders (and getting a new AT record for me at like 600).

Going to steal that Grenadier build posted earlier, because my Alchemist Ray feels really anemic. Can deliver the heals and some AOE, but has no turn order/action point manipulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with the Destrons in the level 50 violent mission? They wiped almost my whole team and I was forced to send Albus on a suicide charge to take down the last human boss to trigger the retreat option.

From what I could tell, they were immune to reaction fire, counter-attacked at range and close, didn't take damage below a certain threshold, and were resistant to hacking. Anne's entangle spell also did not seem to have an effect. If I could isolate one, I'm pretty sure I could send it into AT hell with suppressive effects, but that's not really an option when there seem to be four of them.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Well, I beat Violent 50, although all your considered advice went to pot as soon as I began to pilot. Timing out the buffs with Ray is a really clever idea! Except it doesn't work at the south spawn point, so all it resulted in was three still-buffed Destrons charging my starting position. Alisa charged in, did some great damage to the white one... and then chased off a bunch of the gunmen with her reaction moves. Luckily, I had Heixing with Machine Killer and Ray with the awakening spray, ready to delete one entirely. Except Heixing ended up in AT purgatory unloading reaction fire that failed to meet the damage threshold. I ended up sandbagging with Kylie's decoys while Sion desperately took out White. He did it, but ate reaction fire behind cover and in smoke, RIP. But then the buffs had worn off and Kylie landed a 70% hack on Black, saving the fight. Took a really long time, but managed a full clear with only Albus, Heixing, and Ray surviving!

Once I feel up to it again, I'll give it a shot and see whether I can actually put the thread's advice into practice.

Smiling Knight fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 19, 2021

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Yeah, I've been somewhat disappointed in the DLC scenario mission design. All clowns all the time is not too exciting an enemy composition. There are technically three different clown enemy types, but functionally they all seem to be "nasty melee bruiser -- stay away!" Compare the White Tigers, who had a bunch of different threats and the general synergy pattern of "get bleeding, pile on."

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I just booted this up and simultaneously feel held back by the game drip feeding me mechanics and overwhelmed by the mechanics I'm given, at least in part cause it feels like some of them are waiting for me to uncover another Thing. Just finished this rad big brawl in the park where Sion was trying to enjoy a dumpling. Roughly how long till I should start feeling like I have a couple more choices and character building tools/a solid team? A lot of my missions rn feel like my two guys just hanging out while cooler and more powerful dudes do cool poo poo. All the fun character building stuff I see seems to be locked. Should I just be gunning for red and yellow missions?

Yeah, I would only do red (plot) missions until you get your third or fourth party member. You can always turn on the difficulty scaling and go back for blue missions later.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Beat the new map first attempt, and with the only casualties Alisa and my pet Draki. Channeled by inner Beaglerush and had everyone hide in a tower while Invincible Irene tanked three (!!!!) Destrons (probably been posted, but if you put a Draki's Fancy Scale on standard Battlemage Irene, any attack strong enough to trigger Impulse Fields will immediately give Irene a turn to attack, blow her stacked charges and heal to full). Also shoutout to Sion, the only one who could consistently damage them, and that White Mage/Rock Castle/reaction healing Anne from upthread, who kept everyone's HP up from all the incidental retaliations and swarming drones. Was an absolutely slog, worsened because I had reaction fire builds on Heixing and Giselle, which was worse than useless against all these Destrons and auto-dodging drones. But got there in the end, Blut Destron ran out of fuel with reaction shots, Schwartz eventually ate a shutdown , and the Improved Schwartz got worn down by good old Sion in the end. Ben was the last one standing, but never got within walking range of my firing line.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Could someone post a decent build for Leton? I tried to make him a Superstar, but he was pretty mediocre there (probably because I didn't learn the mechanics), and I've since tried to make him a Martial Artist tank type, but the last three runs he has been 1) Eaten by a Negoori 2) One-shot by a regular crabmit and 3) one-shot by a sniper. So that's clearly not working!

Barbarian set Alisa question -- do people think it's better to get all five items for the full set bonus, or stick with three? The offensive power you get from all five is great, but I find myself really missing the red Draki scale accessory that prevents flanked/exposed and reduces crit damage.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

Nah she's a Martial Artist, she just has tons of attack power for some reason.

That's true. I'm not really sure why masteries need to be items you collect.

Was she using Front Breakthrough? That move is bonkers good, it completely ignores block.

Edit: wow that video is absolutely calling me out, I kept trying to add Ice utility to Leton and it just didn't work. At least in my fiddling I was stripping more ice stuff away each iteration, but I never would have thought to look at those common masteries.

Smiling Knight fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 9, 2021

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, their ModDB also has some stuff (probably reposts of IndieDB?), also dated at around 2016.

Finished the DLC, still have to get through the last violent case and the two ordinary cases in the last update. I enjoyed it, with the big but that the ending felt more like a setup for S2 than a proper ending.

The Clowns going all in as soldiers again worked for me. I guess S2 will have some action in the Iron Fortress, given Carter, Giselle and the Hanged Clowns are all going that way. Ray and Kylie's ending was kind of sweet. I wonder if the Misty DLC will add story missions, in which case we will probably play them without Irene, Giselle, Bianca and Alisa, given their send offs.

I am going to throw in a guess that S2 will start with only Albus and Anne in the company at first, with Irene and Sion quickly rejoining after their apprenticeships. I kind of expect the Alley party members and Kylie to disband once Heixing returns to the Fortress of Suffering and then eventually rejoin when the plot leans that way. I think Alisa and Bianca will rejoin as a reaction to the LeBlanc interests that hired the Hanged Clowns.

Just completed it as well. Clarification: was Sanson assigned to kill Hanson? If so, why — Ben seemed to be giving the latter a generous retirement plan, and I didn’t read that as fake.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Hipster Occultist posted:

What the gently caress is Cover Move?

I can't seem to find it in their masteries, so I have no idea why some guys just plain don't take any sort of ranged damage

Ranger skill, gives huge increase to dodge when in cover. Put it on Heixing, and he and the Skull pistol guys can spend the entire mission shooting, revenge shooting, and support firing at each other without ever landing a single bullet.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

ZearothK posted:

I don't think so, I think Ben played a sick joke at Sanson's expense by giving away the money he was planning to steal. Sanson wanted to kill Hanson out of sheer greed, but then got the money because Hanson valued his friendship more than the cash, so I guess he has to live with the fact he was considering the murder of his best friend.

Yeah, TS is one of my most played games by a large margin, definitely one of my all time favorites.

I did manage to beat the last mission on Cruel + Challenge, but it was a tough one. Definitely way tougher than the other scenario missions and closer to the two recent Violent cases (I still have to beat 54V, which I guess is set after this one in the timeline). Kylie was fundamental for keeping the Destrons under control while the team repositioned to fight them, Alisa, Albus, Irene and Leton tanked (only the latter two survived) while Bianca, Sion, Gold Tongue and Leton brought in the damage. It was close enough to be a nail biter.

Anyone played the Ordinary cases? Part of me wants to wait for the Misty DLC so I can use her in those for variety's sake.

Oh I think I was confused, I thought Sanson received the big paycheck. Was tired after the mission!

V54 takes place before the final scenario mission.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Frustrating how the Barbarian resurrection skill doesn’t quite work. It revives Alisa if she dies with a Rage status buff, but she gains rage when attacks, and loses it when she attacks, so the cycle is either Alisa is attacked -> gains rage -> expends rage on responsive attack -> can be KO’d or Alisa is attacked -> has no rage -> ko’d.

Ah well, can always play the Immortality lottery with random buff on kill mastery.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

ZearothK posted:

That mastery works better with a Rampage build on Alisa, as you can guarantee that she will be pissed off enough to come back with immortaility.

Oh, didn’t realize that counted, will give it a shot. Would love to reliably send her in, do some damage and draw a bunch of attention, then use the revive + immortality turn to extract her from danger and let her huff some of Ray’s paint cans.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

MetricUnit posted:

When does the difficulty kick up?

I picked up the game over the weekend and just got my fourth party member. I'm playing on hard and most of the time I'm just throwing my party into the open pressing the shoot bad guy button as fast as I can to get through trash encounters. Enemies seem to never land a hit and if they do get lucky a potion is all it takes to get back to the killing.

First, max out the difficulty. Maybe turn on permanent challenge mode too.

Are you doing the Violent Cases? If so, are they equally easy?

I would say that the main story missions ramp up once you start facing (minor spoiler for later enemy organization) the White Tiger gang, which coincides with the Spoonists getting some new toys as well.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Fruits of the sea posted:

So uh, is there a trick to dealing with the spiderweb effect? My frontline got pasted by those web slinging drones, so I burnt most of my spare masteries giving the whole team spiderweb stunts which does... nothing.

You mean the one that gives -dodge and prevents movement? Albus can still reposition with Wind Walk, so make sure he has that. Mutant might clear it end of turn, can’t recall. Generally it’s annoying but not deadly, as spiders have low damage. So long as you maintain a frontline of durable guys so the spiders can’t reach the squishies, I wouldn’t be too concerned with the debuff. Most important thing with spiders is accuracy — prior planning mastery, automatic hits (albus, Alissa, and the martial artists can get this on counters), and high hit abilities like Heixing’s headshot and Giselle’s body shot are all very helpful.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Yeah, my issue isn’t damage dealing or accuracy (Albus, Ray, Heixing and Sion are all doing a decent job on that front), more that the frontline is doomed to stand in one spot slowly having their hp chipped away. Albus has a ton of dodge but it’s basically a death sentence once he gets webbed. Wind walk is a good point though, that might save him.

To be clear it’s drones, not spiders. So ranged web attacks.

Oh god, those drones are so annoying. Especially the variants with damage control that take five hits to kill. Ray I found decent there, her ability to give -20 AT to them all at once slowed things a bit.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

So I totally ignored bleeding because DOT's seemed totally useless when stuff like one shot one kill exists.

I just realized Bloodbath is a thing. Holy gently caress, this changes everything.

You might want to check out Heixing’s masteries for Blood Red Bullet as well.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

I put together a Destron-buster Heixing Ranger build that is pretty sweet. Puts out great damage that gets better as it removes armor, can actually engage in a shootout thanks to Cover Move, and Revenge Shot does actually hit Destrons who otherwise dodge reaction fire. With the position of advantage and its accompanying mastery set, he even comes out AT-positive on Revenge Shot. He needs a screen to avoid sword death, but otherwise is my unit most capable of taking down those nasty nasty robots.

Smiling Knight fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 28, 2022

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Does Giselle have to be in Hunter class to summon her tamed beasts, or can she summon them as a Sniper too?

She can summon them in Sniper, with the exception of Legendary beasts, which require a Hunter mastery.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Walh Hara posted:

Thanks a lot for these, will need to try them out.

Main thing to point out is that all of Ray's attack have great base damage and green old age really boosts these. Second heart is whatever, not really sure what to put here.

This results in +30 speed from masteries, another +30 from permanent acceleration, quite a lot of -AT reduction from the mastery sets, and killing anything with a fall attack gives an extra turn.

DLC hype got me to fire up another run through the final Violent Case, and I gave this alchemist Ray build a spin. Worked well, although I didn’t get to use her as much as would have liked, most of the human enemies got sliced and diced by Albus. Will have to try her on another, less robot-y map.

Can someone summarize what we know about the actual Abandoned Children secret government program? I figure that the government set off the big explosion that killed Albus’s parents, and Albus’ ‘aunt’ was monitoring and supporting him, Leton, and presumably other orphans, but to what end? Studying ESP? What else do we know?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

In the base campaign, Giselle absolutely shreds (nom impulse fields) mobs with one shot one kill. Falls off in the super endgame content, but for when she arrives it’s extremely potent.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

She still goes to school.

Anne is a bit of a special case where literally everyone says "no you don't need to do this", but her powers are so rare and useful that no one is really going to say no too firmly when the girl with the magical healing powers really wants to chip in. It's also a matter of protecting her, in a way - Anne would literally show up to violent crime scenes to heal cops on her own accord before, so at least if she's working with your agency and she's going into danger, she's doing it surrounded by a gang of superpowered mercenaries who care about her and will protect her.

Yes, if by “protect” you mean “send her into the center of the most powerful group of enemies so that when they kill her her vengeful spirit will turn them against each other.”

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

I liked the touch that all the vignettes before the most recent mission consisted of the team members having healthy bonding activities outside of their Troubleshooter jobs… except Albus, who is On That Grind 24/7.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Hipster Occultist posted:

Any tips for this? It seems like I'm going to need to put impulse fields on everyone just to survive the onslaught of critting monkeys that constantly dodge all my poo poo! :argh:

I don't even know what I'm going to to do to kill the Mungo King

Cannot believe those madmen added an Alien Ruler.

Just did the mission, built a killbox and concentrated on holding my ground until ~60 mungos were dealt with. Front line of Alissa, Draki Baron, tanky robot, Irene, and Leton (1hko’d by a crit in the first engagement, great job man). Anne slightly behind to provide reactive healing, wizards and gunners on high ground. Albus and Kyrie dealt with flankers. Lots of status clouds from Ranger Heixing and Giselle’s traps caused the enemies to stagger in, while my guys had smokescreen cover (prevents headshots and made draki super tough).

Defeated Mungo King by taking the first life bar with a Freeze Trap, then having everyone pile on for the second. Heixing dumped a ton of damage with supporting fire. Mungo King loved attacking my robot, which had that mastery that caps damage at 20%, which ate bunch of actions. Lost Alissa to a 10k(!!!!) crit, but other than that and the robot didn’t suffer casualties from the King.

Try to burn attacks on Lucky enemies to remove the buff — losing an action is better than losing a unit to a huge, unavoidable crit. Throwers are especially deadly.

Watch out for forestallment on the sword monkeys, lost Irene to that while trying to take out the Colorful guy with her overcharge.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Best Friends posted:

Are there any guides to crafting people can recommend? That’s the only way to get Kylie a better weapon, right? I don’t think I’ve ever engaged with crafting in games before so looking for something very 101 level.

That’s what caused me to muddle through too. Basic tips:

Use the filter to make only Kylie weapons appear.

Every level of equipment has a magenta version and an indigo version. The former unlocks higher levels; the latter is the best version of the current level. Build blues until no higher tiers appear, then an indigo to actually use. The box on the right should show you what building blues of the current level will unlock.

Kylie has two weapon versions, one with ESP and one with Physical. Choose your flavor.

The left side of the screen has a trail of stuff you’ve clicked on. So you start with a multiprocessing unit (or whatever Mono and Vivi are), you see you need a green core. You click on green core, you see it needs green fragments, so you click on and create green fragments — green core and the unit are still on the left, so you can quickly navigate your way back.

Materials have a quality chain of green -> magenta -> indigo. If you need eg magenta metal parts, you need to unlock them as a crafting option by crafting some greens first.

It’s messy but once you get in the swing of things, much easier. Or you can just upgrade Kylie’s weapon and never interact again! You only need crafting for super optimized postgame stuff, really.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

tithin posted:

Finish Black Witch and White lion and the ending is confusing. I assume it continues through doing the violent cases?

What element are you finding confusing? In terms of major plot stuff that occurs, I think this covers it:

The Drifter Clowns are actually ex-military run by Ben. Since the war, they’ve been avoiding scrutiny with the goofy clown act. At the start of the DLC, they’re hunting for the artist Ramjist, aka Bianca’s cousin. However, during the DLC Ben is contacted by an agent of Edward LeBlanc (de facto ruler of the city and major plot string puller) to deal with Carter and the Spoonists, whose march towards Heixing’s prison is a major security threat. The DLC ends with Ben returning the Clowns to their paramilitary origins, gearing up with forbidden war-era tech and ditching the goofy getups, in preparation for dealing with the Spoonists.

It’s probably a plot they are setting up for the sequel.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

I am still kinda confused about Ramjist's deal. What's with all the predicting the future stuff? This game really needs a codex!

I’m not 100% sure on Ramjist’s deal, I think he might be privy to government/his grandpa’s secrets, which he then depicts as ‘prophetic’ paintings. I think all the paintings that have been proven “true” involve either what we the player know to be government l/Le Blanc plots (The Incident 10 years ago, Spoonist terror campaign) or his immediate family, which we can say he can predict. I could be forgetting something though.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

Sadly, I am exactly their target audience for these powercrept missions, but I do realize how bullshit it is.

Same, I love the transition from “how am
I supposed to beat Mungo King?!?!!??!” to yawning while Irene and Leton kick the poo poo out of Mungo King in a back alley and Alissa cuts a swathe through the Mungo horde.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Childhood flashback? New grueling mission? Making the sickos face as I try and find time in my schedule for some uncut Troubleshooter action.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

Been playing this game a little and I feel like I missed something. Not sure what mission I did last but it was I think the 2nd one after you get the first party member. I had a normal mission, a hard mission, and a super hard mission. I've done the normal so all I've got left now is the hard and super hard missions and that doesn't seem right? Not seeing the icon anywhere in the base that has typically sign-posted how to progress. Did I miss something or should I do this hard mission?

Sometimes the next plot mission is triggered by an icon that’s a character’s face and labeled like Sion’s Request. Should appear if you are in the far left of your rooms. See anything like that?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

That Magic Swordsman, Grigori or something, they added in the latest violent mission is one durable SOB. Classic example of the devs going “see how you like it.” Last attempt, he tied up Kylie, Giselle, and their pets for the entire mission. Had to bring over Irene, have Ray give her overdrive, and then chain two additional moves after the overdrive move to eliminate him. Finally got that achievement on Irene at least!

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice that guy. Had way more trouble with the ordinary monkeys and spiders.

First time through, same for me. Took him out before he could get his stacking buffs up, I guess. Second time I foolishly gave him a lower priority.

Spiders? Cannot believe you’re calling out the spiders instead of Negoori, who just munch on anyone foolish to get into melee range and do terrible things to squishies. Thank goodness they lack impulse fields.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

The spiders climb up onto the ceiling and the boss has Phoenix which is always annoying.

Actually, now that I think about it I did try to have Irene solo the sword dude once, and it was just a stalemate until I brought Sion over.

Battle Mage Irene is an absolute champion. Haven’t touched her build in two DLCs. Never dies, huge damage. So long as she stays away from enemy rangers and responsive attacks, she just keeps trucking, eliminating one enemy per turn.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

Alisa can pretty much solo anything in the game.

I’d bet most characters, properly tricked out, could solo the game, honestly. Toughest would probably be Ray. And Bianca and Anne may struggle with the super bosses? But otherwise:

Avalon/cursed sword Albus
Battlemage Sion
Battlemage Irene
Stone throwing rock castle witch Anne
Sweeper Heixing? Issues with destrons and Mungo King, maybe
Giselle - not sure
DDR Leton
Kylie — double drone engineer. If that’s not allowed, attack engineer with lots of spirit masteries?
Rogue or Ninja would work for Misty.
Barb Alissa
Bianca — not sure

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Walh Hara posted:

Ha, that's why I like Negoori so much! A lot of beasts are really strong, but the frogs having a ranged melee attack that works with Counterattack is such an unique and unbalanced mechanic. I think the draki, crabmit, and mungo violent case maps would all be more difficult if you replaced the enemies with high level Negoori with decent builds.

But if we're talking about what's most fun to play (and still good) instead of what's most optimal, then I'd put the frogs lower for the same reason why I find Barbarian not that fun either: you sometimes just have to watch them kill enemies without input for a long time before it's your turn again. Builds that get to play really often or chain kills are my favourite, as well as those with high risk/reward.

With regards to the last violent case map: I actually dont like it that much because of the layout. There's too much backtracking and empty corridors. The new beasts and the machine are cool though.

Ha, I’m the exact opposite. I love watching Alissa slice through a bunch of enemies without any input. Nothing like plopping her in the middle of a bunch of deeply annoying enemies like Red Sand Rangers, and cackling as they keep shooting her for 1 damage, only to get bisected in response.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

“What’s that? A group of enemies with resistance shot, supporting fire, punishing shot, and automatic overwatch? Sure would be shame if a woman with a huge sword who gets free actions when hit wandered by…”

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Speaking of, what are some builds that get through the final mission? I 100% stonewalled there, as I've been playing pretty interminently for the last two years and have lost the optimization brain that would let me thrive there.

Ranger/overwatch/reaction Heixing is good. Zoom ahead with your actions, clean up enemy phase.

Same with bleed sword master Albus. Can chain enemies to reach and guard objective.

Mages can be basic one shot one kill/catharsis glass cannons.

Sniper/fire support Giselle should be able to get lots of extra turns, keep up that way.

Piercing the battlefield grenadier Ray can zoom anywhere, and should be able to one hit the weaker enemies (rogues and snipers).

Put reactive/attack/move abilities on Kylie, she is super mobile and attack protocol should deal with any non boss foe.

Good luck!

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

ZearothK posted:

That's not too far from what I am doing, but it really didn't work against the Destron hell. Is there another after that?

Oops, sorry, thought you meant non-DLC endgame! If you’re up against destron hell, here are my loadouts:

Albus: lol useless, haven’t bothered to find a good build for him

Sion: black mage/lightning masteries to strip resistance. With the Magical Library set, he should be able to take a couple bullets in retaliation.

Irene: magic reactor/release magic/magic explosion/magic wall, with fancy draki scale in equip slot. Can tank destrons indefinitely and do real good damage when it’s her turn.

Anne: rock castle/reactive healing white mage. Crit stone throwing witch is really good too, but destrons get so many reactions that I find the reactive healing is very good.

Heixing: still reaction ranger! The white destrons don’t get free dodge, and he’ll tear through them. I also have a janky Machine Killer version I can share if you’d like.

Ray: support alchemist with Shake It! Can heal, give overcharge (to Irene with Chain personal ability!), and do a bit of chip damage.

Kylie: janky Hacker. Honestly not great, could use tweaking.

— tankbot, the robot that tanks. Robot with +durability sets. Won’t do poo poo for damage but buys a ton of time.

Gisellle: sniper with the masteries boosting her armor break and weapon break. Good damage and the debuffs add up.

— Dark Draki Baron, with the fog masteries. Quite durable and can inflict armor debuffs with breath.

Leton: pure counterattack martial artist with lots of +block. He is not as durable as Irene but does big damage on counters.

Bianca: Damage black mage with wind defensive masteries. Doesn’t hit as hard as Sion but a bit more durable.

Alissa: barbarian will eat a ton of enemy actions, do very variable amounts of damage, then die. I’ve also tried Path of Ashuram’s overcharge white knight, which seemed solid but not super impactful.

Misty: path of Ashuram’s rogue. Murders the boss, appropriately, and with Hide can take chunks out of destrons.

Strategy-wise, the key thing with destrons is establishing a cordon. Your front rank should consist of units who won’t die, but will attract aggro. The AI loves going for units it thinks it can one-shot, but doesn’t factor in block chance or masteries. So Magic Wall Irene, a robot, Sentinel Leton, and high-SP Rock Castle Anne are ideal for this. Poke ahead slowly with these guys. Get them to eat the Destrons’ sword attacks. Then, when one hits or breaches the outer layer, collapse immediately on it. Move your mages in range, under smoke cover, to blast away. Surround with melee. Pile on the reaction, pincer, covering attack chains. Do not let it get a second turn! Or, if it does, it’ll waste it on the surrounding tanks. Then collapse on the next one.

Enemies should either be chipping away with their guns uselessly at the outer cordon, or charging in at the outer layer with swords and getting mobbed.

Gundum miniboss is unbelievably durable but doesn’t hit too too hard, save for last.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Albus spending all day reading pickup artist books, becoming the terror of the Wind Wall club scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, I wonder how much of the Abandoned Children mechanics will make the transition. If I am not mistaken the company bonuses were because the game was initially aimed at being a MP tactical versus thingie instead of the narrative SRPG we got, so that was a legacy element from that time.

Dandylion please cut all of the vestigial systems. Do that and pay for an English localization and I will evangelize Troubleshooter even more.