Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I got this game yesterday and I already feel pretty addicted. I was already on board since I like the idea of xcom but just prefer strategy rpgs where your units are actual character characters, but I been really impressed with a lot of it. Like the game really goes for it with presentation sometimes. That opening training montage with Albus that used the same map the entire time but pan the camera around and change titles was goofy but still worked and was a good example of doing something stylistic with the tools you have. Also the game is gayer then XCOM which is another plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nephthys posted:

Alisa and Bianca are also very obviously a couple though.

Even without them saying anything you look at their character designs and it leaves no other possibility.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Clarste posted:

Game mechanic-wise, Bianca has the "Lovers" bonus that prevents her bond with Alisa from ever decreasing.

Lol that is so cute.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Trucker Lee really needs to stop getting into so much trouble

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh god these rabbit bat things make the saddest wheezing sound when they die.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
OH MY GOD SUDDENLY THE TIMAS ARE TALKING TO EACH OTHER

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

skaianDestiny posted:

I know!

I lost my poo poo when that first tima dialogue choice popped up, this game is the best.

that is what is driving me crazy! they just have you select growls earlier and now they're talking about honor and becoming old
god this game is the best

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
giselle... :pleading emoji:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My computer broke a while ago and the thing about having a computer again I been most excited for is just getting to play this more lol.

Also oh my god its cute how each pet type gets their own habitat to live in the warehouse

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is some rough bits but giselle calling her pets "little fellows" is perfect

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kobal2 posted:

Speaking of, if you do the quests from the merchants of Shooter Street : never ever pick the brown recipes as a reward, they're a giant trap. You can always buy them with said Valkyrie Coins immediately afterwards (and valkyrie coins have pretty much no other purpose AFAIK - they can also unlock additional mastery boards for your characters but you'll hardly ever need more than the 3 each comes with, IF that. You'll be drowning in them either way.).

So get the loot instead, especially if it's anywhere near Black Iron Anything ; Flame/Fire Anything or Anything Obsidian. Them three are the biggest crafting bottlenecks.

oh god

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Having problems with the story makes sense but like the characters are the charming bit imo, saying the flaw lies with there seems a bit off to me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
She has a few lines about Giselle I remember giving some latent attraction vibes too, I feel like? I could be totally misremembering something though. But yeah too dense.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Another way this game reminds me of Trails is the dialogue you get with different combinations, and how some will give you a lot more (Saving Kylie with Hexing on the ice map) though fortunately with this game you can just replay missions and if there was something you miss you can see it easily.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
giselle is too cute oh my god her telling kylie not to hurt her children... she loves her little ones :')

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ZearothK posted:

Rogue (and probably have Assassin and something else as advanced classes) core class

Looking at the art, the other class will be Gamer B)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, I thought it was kinda playing into the almost comic booky thing it has going. The group seems like its going to be a cartoony group of villians and you quickly realized that is not the case.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
is there a good recap of the story anywhere? i got everything, but it would be nice to have a refresher.
it would be nice if case records let you just watch the cutscenes and not do the missions.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

demonic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would have less of a problem with crafting if there was just a button on the mastery set page where if you already know the combination you can be like "auto craft these missing masteries for this set"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah all in all its a really good system even if it could be smoothed out. removing some of the busywork would let new players engage with something neat easier. plus the game already has equipment crafting, which you don't need to do anything with at all but it provides a sorta gathering loop for players who would be into that. i like the sense of discovery built into masteries, whether that is finding new ones in the wild or discovering a set, though i think the later is something that could be improved too.

hopefully things go well and we eventually get the new game without a hitch since that will give them a chance to refine things. i was thinking about the activity report stuff with different jurisdictions. on one hand i do like it because its thematic thing that gets across "hey you are a business~" but can be a bit confusing for a new player and is abstract in a way that is hard to connect to. with season 2 it would make a lot more sense to tie that stuff into the building itself since albus will own it at that point.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 9, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
systems are part of the game's charm. and outside of shooter street i can't think of anything that is half finished feeling. pokemon, robots, and the crafting is all pretty flesh out. meal sets are just kinda there but its finished system and even has some stuff where it can interact with mastery stuff.

like i can only again think of shooter street and its thing with company rep that feels abandoned in places. and even then there is some positive stuff from that i would want carry over, i like the flavor of having convos with normal people in the district. doesn't need its own weird hub but i get what they were going for and appreciate it.
e: oh the mentions of a higher tier class is another thing

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 9, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
going back to old missions to see different dialogue for choices

ray is a fujoshi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
superstar is a cool class and it makes up for leton being mr. "here for later story developments"
really want to see what other weird poo poo they can come up with class wise. give me poo poo like a weird split personality class where a character switches back and forth between two different mastery boards every action or something, go wild.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what is everyone's favorite song in this game and why is it finish my work?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wonder if the mp will reward training manuals since they make it sound training mission theme
im more interested in the robot/monster fights they mention before if they ever get around to those since there is lot of neat synergies you could play around with there but never really get to engage with normally

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
looking at the old stuff on the indiedb page is wild. maria verchenova, everyone getting age up a year or two, weird concept art of jane posing like a super model. . .

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ZearothK posted:

like Leton used to have a death mask painted on his face

god that one is so goofy, they really should make it dlc costume eventually lmao

i wonder if maria will show up in banished children or if she will just forever be regulated to a background character now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
2016 is how far the indiedb stuff goes too.
https://www.indiedb.com/games/troubleshooter/articles
there is a bit with some alternative character concepts for anne

the most shocking thing of all to me is giselle being in her 20s at one point

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I stop being lazy and finally got around to finishing the last story mission. Disappointed I didn't got in before the hotfix making it easier.

Its funny coming out of this dlc because going in i was excited for the lesbian power couple and they were the highlight but also Hanson managed to become my favorite dude character in the game, even more than the guys on our team. Guy is such a sweetie despite being a broken killer.
Low key hopes he somehow ends up being a party member in Banished Children. But that is unlikely.

Giselle is so cool... Can't believe there are people who dislike her... bad taste havers out there in the world.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 20, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
reading the steam forum for troubleshooter is funny because people are trying to point out romantic moments. folks keep coming in and going "this feels tin foil hat" and then i nod my head and agree as an observer, because people keep trying to find new het stuff instead of pointing out the obvious gay ones lmao

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 21, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kylie is like... the only one who comes close because i can't think of any ladies she has like a vibe with besides giselle and that is more of a "wow you could make some attractive art of these two ladies glaring at each other"

but i mean just look at her, no way she is straight.
actually i wonder how she will interact with the new party member since hacker/gamer has some potential

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kanos posted:

You could construct an Albus/Giselle relationship or an Albus/Irene relationship out of what's there pretty easily and Kylie has like 3 possible heterosexual relationships. Ray has some lines about how she thinks Albus is cute and god knows people have launched ships on a lot less than that.

There's definitely more gay relationship hinting than straight, though.

who is the third for kylie? there is kylie and heixing, which i do get even if i am not a supporter. and then kylie and ryo which puzzles me.

e: tbc i wasn't saying there isn't like any plausible straight pairings (though albus/giselle is an attack on my person). its just people were throwing stuff out things like bibi and albus (???) before even mentioning the gay stuff. which is why i said new stuff

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 21, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ZearothK posted:

I mean, it is pretty clear Albus has a crush on Bianca but also Alisa and Bibi are the most blatant couple in the game.

oh yeah totally. they were saying it was coming from bibi's side as well, which is what was baffling considering the second half of your post.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kanos posted:

I think a fair amount of it is just there's a lot of people who automatically look for het relationships before they look for gay ones.

Oh yeah totally. Also its easier to tip the scales for het stuff for people to take it as a possibility.
Its just funny to me in this case.

but speaking of the game being gay...
does anyone else feel like giselle and jane wearing each other's clothes the morning after giselle randomly shows up at the night and sleeps over?

its a different number of buttons from the one giselle wears earlier in the game, but i can't shake the feeling, my spidey sense is tingling.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Control Volume posted:

Theres no way thats not the same shirt

it can't because of the buttons, but def both feel like giselle shirts. and the yellow one seems like something jane would wear more.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 23, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Troubleshooter harem but it's just more girlfriends for Giselle

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

Troubleshooter harem but it's just more girlfriends for Giselle

We have Jane and Ray so far, I think we should add that tall blue hair model that is in the old concept art. Oh and Kyrie if she ever takes a chill pill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is that one that triggers when she is out of sight from any allies