Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Zore posted:

Also what are people picking for their set upgrades? I've been going almost exclusively for Capacity with Ember when I didn't get events or relics that let me cheat out stuff and never card draw. Capacity just seems so important and only Umbra gets cards and powers to increase it

You don稚 need increased capacity if you can move between floors. Ascend/descend are low key busted because you can stack 7 units on a floor, and also separate problematic units. Low attack big defense units just get ascended and you can destroy otherwise tough comps.

I have less than 8 hours in this game so far but I知 hooked, this is the spiritual successor to Slay the Spire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
The biggest issue I have is the disparity in power level between factions and heroes. I'm currently climbing up the covenant ranks playing random/random, but I could easily cruise through the last 10 or so levels by just going Melting/Umbra or Melting/Whatever. Umbra had an awful hero and desperately needed that buff, but they have possibly the best supporting card pool, especially the synergy with incant.

Certain faction units could really use a redesign. The 1/1 for 1 with endless that draws a card feels pointless, but if it cost 2 and drew 2 cards, I might actually have a use for it.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Or enough card draw or a small enough deck that you can cycle through your cards and guarantee it. There's a few ways to go about it.

EDIT:

That card is for harvest farming. Bring in all the money!

I mean, I understand what it is supposed to do, but spending an energy and a board space every turn to block 1 attack and get a single harvest seems . . .not good.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Which is bettter?

Plating is better once you get to higher ascensions, before that it痴 worse.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

One of the covenant difficulties makes it so that your top floor units get dazed the turn you play them there. How did you guys adapt to that, did it change up your playstyle?

Wait until you get to the covenant that randomly makes one floor smaller in capacity by one. You generally just need to plan out floors better.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Still enjoying win streaking on Covenant 25 Random/Random, but I do wish certain things would get balanced a little better, especially extremely abusable easy wins like Stealth + Holdover. If I can completely invalidate the hardest difficulty level with 1 spell and 1 upgrade, there is a problem.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

:eyepop:

Edit: Are you doing this just to style on the people who say the game is too random/luck-based?

I meant I am enjoying attempting to win streak for fun, not that I endlessly win streak. I知 currently on a streak of 1 and my record is 3, because it is fairly easy to have a run derailed, especially certain combos on C25.

Good runs can easily get derailed by something as simple as not getting the ability to ascend/descend units, which is critical for the last boss on most runs because the ridiculous high hp pool means in most cases you need 4 or so minions on a super floor to deal enough damage.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

How often do people go for the bonus stuff in each non-boss mission? If I can get a solid few cards I will go for it, but often I find myself paying ~20 or more pyre health rather than having a perfect run. Is it worth it for a rare unit draft? Part of me thinks yes but not sure!

I知 almost always risking it on C25, with notable exceptions where it would destroy me due to my build. So no spell shield when I知 Stygian, or spikes when I知 using lots of multi attack, etc. The earlier the more useful the money and units, and the bonus I skip the most is the 400 gold one in the penultimate fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Ranzear posted:

Meanwhile Onehorn's Tome is dumpster tier now. That nerf would make sense if it was 3 energy, tops.

Yeah, it probably had too high of a win rate entirely due to how great it is with Volatile Gauge. Same with the 4 and 10+ energy hellhorned units. It was already fairly priced, Gauge was nerfed, they should have left it alone, or perhaps they didn't consider how it performed outside of those decks.