Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
New dlc is out and it owns

I love this game. More than slay the spire. There I said it

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

I beat the new boss, (on covenant 1 ):toot:

Really good dlc, Wurmkin might be my fave main faction now?

I like the mechanic and I love seeing big stacks of reap, but I suck hot poo poo with the little dude riding the hoverbike or whatever it is. Anyone have any pointers for him?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
ok fellas so what's your favorite stomp-rear end builds

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
yeah so i learned i dont know poo poo about this game

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
This is one of those games where every approach i think is good actually sucks, and the ones I write off are impossibly giga-powered

I am Not Good at Video Games

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

jsoh posted:

only way i can go big on high covenant is with shadow siege + the free summoning artifact

Same, but stacking umbra lifesteal

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Legion of Wax stacks when combined with Entombed Explosive. Plus the charm for artifact for 2x on extinguish, and holy lol.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah -- higher cov starts getting real tricky because it penalizes the simple and effective tactics. Or maybe it's easy and I just suck at video games :shrug:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

GodFish posted:

I've been working my way through CR 25 Divine wins with the different clans but I've hit a solid wall on (standard) Umbra Primary / Wurmkin Secondary, I can't figure out how to get any synergy going between them. Umbra secondary with wurm primary was mostly just using wurmskin stuff with morsel's to help out occasionally (and damage shields). What have you all been doing?

I've only done it once, and it was mostly based on good luck, but I think my build was very Umbra heavy:
Top floor: Penumbra Glutton-specced with morselmaker/master (maybe 1 in Trample)
Middle floor: Crucible collector with morselmaker/master
Bottom floor: Shadowseige with quick & multistrike
Gap filler: Kinhost Carapace
Magic: Mostly reap-focused to DOT bosses during the length of the battle, with Echo Infusion/Echo Snare to buff Umbra units
Relics: Fossilized Fangs (hugely important)/Refined Void

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

GodFish posted:

Finally got a win, in the end it came down some crap tossed on the lower floors and a single Alloyed Construct with Multistrike and a Shroud Spike with remove consume/holdover.

nice!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Chairchucker posted:

I'm addicted to playing on Covenant one to unlock all the cards

Yeah Cov 1 is where I parked, too. Some of the upper covenant levels had some unfun bullshit I don't want to play through again, and it's still possible to screw myself if I get greedy with the shards.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

SettingSun posted:

I found the game on GamePass and now I'm super addicted. Definitely gonna buy it on Switch (if such a port doesn't run like garbage). Made it up to covenant 4 so far. I think it's something special that the very first covenant rank gives the final boss +140% HP. Quite the difficulty jump.

Anyone have some tips on how to play Hellhorned primary? It's probably the one clan I don't 'get' yet and I'm itching to get at least a covenant 1 win with them.

Good stuff for the hellhorned (and every other clan) below

https://www.ign.com/wikis/monster-train/Best_Card_Combos

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
lol. Just did that hellhorned apex imp run ultima66 mentioned above but with 5 duped endless Welder Helpers with Ashes of the Fallen (2x summon effects) and reinforce (2x armor on a unit). Basically just built the deck around the apex imp and stacking armor with a few random units to hold the other floors. Used Torch to kill the helpers to cycle the armor buff for the apex. Over 4k on single hits and 8k multi-striked. :asoiaf:

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 11, 2021

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
lol. That fireplace always struck me as the goofiest unit.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah, it seems like Endless Welder Helper/Molten Encasement with double Summon/double Extinguish is pretty much a gg

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Ultima66 posted:

I don't think I've seen a real Fire Light run but I've seen both Little Icarus and Eternal Flame runs. Fade in general is one of the two easy run carrying champions alongside Primordium. One of the keys with Fade is that her early game is quite weak, so you'll really want to hold off on taking trials/Pact Shards early on, but she scales out of control later.

I can't figure out Primorodium, any tips?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I had a stupidly powerful Awoken/Remnant run where he had both quick and root. I parked him on the bottom floor with an endless Molten Encasement and except for the harder-hitting bosses he was basically able to hold the train by himself.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Speaking of echowright, any pro combos with that guy?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

MotU posted:

that post belongs in the Imp Zone

:hmmyes:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Zurai posted:

Imperialist wants Endless Imps (especially welding or fledgling imps, and of course Transcendimp, but NOT NOT NOT Apex Imp--she'll throw him too).

That's a lol

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Any word on another expansion or sequel?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Definitely. It's the kind of dlc you want to play after you've gotten a feel for the base game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
MT hooked me bad, cant wait to see what this one's all about